It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

However, at the moment, Islam is the poster-child for radical intolerance that manifests in murder and violence.

I think Anders Breviek, Benjamin Netanyahu & George Bush would all be upset to hear they've been trumped by Muslims once again.

Funny that none of them go around shooting people over cartoons.

Nice red herring.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I took it the exact opposite way.

It makes me proud to be part of ats. Somebody needs to stand up for freedom of expression over a culture of intimidation.

I totally agree, we should all AS INDIVIDUALS stand up and I had planned to put up a picture myself but when I saw that THE WHOLE SITE was being represented as being behind this it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

If SO had of done it under his own name and even if he had of mentioned he was the owner it would have made me proud but to bring the whole community into ths just seems irresponsible to me.

Once again I dont think it should be removed just voicing my opinion

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Yes because only Muslims are terrorist.

That part isn't right.

However, at the moment, Islam is the poster-child for radical intolerance that manifests in murder and violence.

Yes it is the poster child because the MSM makes it that way. Where was the massive MSM coverage of the Christian terrorist that was shooting up Austin back in Dec? There are terrorist in just about every religion but you only hear about the Muslim terrorist.

Because the muslims are the only ones doing it on a daily basis since irish stopped after 911.

I think you'll find drone strikes are happening daily from the hands of a well known Christian country...
It's one nation... under God, in fact.

The progressives and atheists only like to say its a Christian country when it fits their agenda.....

otherwise they go out of their way to prove that it isnt....

How can they have it both ways here?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As far as I know....
& correct me if I'm wrong...

But I've only ever heard of 3 Muslims who have done that...

Be honest, was it because I mentioned Bush?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Yes because only Muslims are terrorist.

That part isn't right.

Yes it is the poster child because the MSM makes it that way. Where was the massive MSM coverage of the Christian terrorist that was shooting up Austin back in Dec? There are terrorist in just about every religion but you only hear about the Muslim terrorist.

Because the muslims are the only ones doing it on a daily basis since irish stopped after 911.

I think you'll find drone strikes are happening daily from the hands of a well known Christian country...
It's one nation... under God, in fact.

Another red herring.

There is that famous 'separation' of church and state in the WEST unlike THE ENTIRE Middle east that is ran by religous theocracies.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You make a valid point there, can't say I disagree.

It was merely for a bit of perspective...

I'm of the opinion it's a secular nation...

But Bush & Obama are known for their "God bless America" speeches...
It was mainly directed at Administration rather than the people of the good old US.
I love Americans to be honest, very funny & humble people... Or so I've gauged here at least.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Please take your head out of the sand. ATS was forced by advertisers to meet certain content guidelines

So advertisers are worried I smoked or joint or said # but arent worried about offending a billion people???
OK

This site is a community

That was my whole point, what percentage of our community are comfortable with it being used in such a way?
I for one am not and Im usually the 1st in line to talk trash about any religion or people who get offended coz their book tells them they should be.

ATS lost their revenue stream because no matter what they did to keep us in line, it wasn't good enough. Theres somme tin foil ideas about all that too. This happened just recently though so you shouldn't so oblivious to it.

Im well aware of this and took part in SO thread asking for ideas on ways to offset it.
Im not sure why you keep going on about revenue as if anything I can see this twitter post hurting it as opposed to helping it.

Not trying to be harsh, its just that if anyone ought to know the deal around here are the people that have been on the site for a little while. Its normal for new people to scream rape every time a subject they pen is removed, but there should be enough people that get it, that we have a site to use but we have to trade off with advertising for the site to be viable. I swear some people on here keep pushing and pushing and wont stop until the site is in the toilet.

You completely missed the point of my post but I understand yours,
With ATS's recent financial issues how do you feel this twitter post will do anything but make it worse?
Maybe SO and the team behind the site are snmarter than we think and are trying to draw clicks via controversy?
That is the only rational reason I can think of for that post

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

There is no seperation when Bush says its "God's Will"... Or when Obama says "God bless America"...

Absolutely none whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

As far as I know....
& correct me if I'm wrong...

But I've only ever heard of 3 Muslims who have done that...

Be honest, was it because I mentioned Bush?

Only 3 eh.

Been a hell of a lot more that' been killing in the name of ALLAH, and blowing up planes,buidlings, and markets.

And lots of people at Charlie Hebdo have been murdered, and fatwa's issued since the days of Rushdie.

edit on 7-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: Jamie1

I took it the exact opposite way.

It makes me proud to be part of ats. Somebody needs to stand up for freedom of expression over a culture of intimidation.

I totally agree, we should all AS INDIVIDUALS stand up and I had planned to put up a picture myself but when I saw that THE WHOLE SITE was being represented as being behind this it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

If SO had of done it under his own name and even if he had of mentioned he was the owner it would have made me proud but to bring the whole community into ths just seems irresponsible to me.

Once again I dont think it should be removed just voicing my opinion

Irresponsible in what way?

I don't understand.

Nobody here is posting as INDIVIDUALS. Everybody is posting under user names and avatars.

I think it's awesome. ATS gives a collective finger to those who try to control others through violence and intimidation.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There is no seperation when Bush says its "God's Will"... Or when Obama says "God bless America"...

Wasn't aware Bush was the GD topic here. Or America.

But keep on trolling.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ok...

Let me see...

Been a hell of a lot more that' been killing in the name of ALLAH, and blowing up planes,buidlings, and markets.

Now it's all about blowing things up...

But when I mention drones it's a red herring?

Duly noted!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think Anders Breviek, Benjamin Netanyahu & George Bush would all be upset to hear they've been trumped by Muslims once again.
And Obama the droner and chief. And I did say AND. Its a broken world we live in.
But that's another thread.
To stay on topic.

link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

actually it kinda tame here. i can't really voice my true feeling about it.
lets just say that there's nothing that's to far outta bounds when it comes to making fun and describing how worthless these POS jihad johnnies and their supporters that bothers me.

something else a humane trail and first rate hanging is to good for them. they shouldn't even make it past the corners van.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: whyamIhere

We need to rid the world of violent extremist.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm just going to quote that for irony and posterity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

~silent chuckle~
Well that's an excellent point..

Here's a question for all.

I'm not sure how to go about a good end all solution. ( that does not mean death and destruction )
Freedom of speech can be tasteless at times.

And wondering..
Do we use this thread as a means of getting everyone out from under a rock.
Get the extremist to come out of hiding so we can face them head on?
Or hide behind a drone that suspects a school full of innocent children, with the notion that jihadist are hiding there. And blow it up?

As usual I'm mixed on the matter.
I won't cater to any belief system..( Christian or Muslim ) that exploits women and children.
The other animal. If I'm Christian. I will be killed for not following an Islamic or Muslim belief.
If I'm an atheist. Again I will be killed if I don't subscribe to it.
Or if you really want to up the ante. I convert. In show of faith. I accept fate and be beheaded in Martyrdom.

This is one of those issues that ignoring it. Won't make it go away.

Edit: that came off to one sided.

As far as Christians.. if I don't follow Christianity. I will be marked and threatened with a fast trip to hell.

edit on 7-1-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yo link any drone operator, or GW chanting 'god is great' when a drone fires a missile.

PLEASE BY ALL MEANS.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

We should thank god that neither are known to say Allahu Akbar repeatedly.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If that's the case why did you perpetuate by discussing the off topic information.

Btw, I was replying to someone else who was just as easily off topic.

And they in turn were replying to someone else...

None of it had to do with sharing a picture of Muhammad...

So your selective outrage is baffling to be honest!

I guess its not off topic if you agree with them, eh!
edit on 7-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: whyamIhere

We need to rid the world of violent extremist.

I'm just going to quote that for irony and posterity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I wish I could applaud that... They have eyes, but can not see.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Islam=time travel?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join