It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Good idea!

I just sent this out on our Twitter feed. Let's see if it catches on.

I think the thread is a good idea but for some reason I feel putting this out there under the ATS brand is in poor taste.
You claim to be advocating free speech yet how many times have we all had posts removed due to the fact we mentioned drugs or used a swear word?

I can offend someones religious beliefs on the site but heaven forbid I drop an F or C bomb???

I dont think it should be removed and Im not really complaining but I just feel that the ATS brand represents us all and there are many here Im sure arent comfortable with this thread or idea including many muslims who arent terrorists and are great people.

I appreciate your the owner of this site and its not a democracy I just wanted to express as an avid member that twitter post makes me uncomfortable.
Take it as a compliment that Im invested enough in this place to give a crap

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
At this point, this clearly twisted idea that the west should be Middle Eastern in all their actions to not offend Middle Easterners should be a clear call that there will never be no offending Islam, they will never be appeased, give them an inch they take a mile. It really seems to be cultish, not a religion in my eyes anymore. They're so into "my way or death" that imho all the govts of the world should stand up to islam and declare that their sovereign laws reign and that islam's do not and will not be tolerated at all. Any dissenters get a ticket to the ME country of their choice.

Just my 2 cents after a very rough day of seeing all the carnage of the religion of "peace" (what a joke). Cult of Death is more like it.

STM

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Good idea!

I think the thread is a good idea but for some reason I feel putting this out there under the ATS brand is in poor taste.
You claim to be advocating free speech yet how many times have we all had posts removed due to the fact we mentioned drugs or used a swear word?

I can offend someones religious beliefs on the site but heaven forbid I drop an F or C bomb???

I dont think it should be removed and Im not really complaining but I just feel that the ATS brand represents us all and there are many here Im sure arent comfortable with this thread or idea including many muslims who arent terrorists and are great people.

I appreciate your the owner of this site and its not a democracy I just wanted to express as an avid member that twitter post makes me uncomfortable.

I took it the exact opposite way.

It makes me proud to be part of ats. Somebody needs to stand up for freedom of expression over a culture of intimidation.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

they will never be appeased, give them an inch they take a mile.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Good idea!

I wouldn't worry about it man. I don't think anyone really cares about what ATS says. The public prolly thinks we're all about aliens and JFK crap.

edit on 7-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I cannot put into words how awesome that is. ATS put the mouth with the money this time. I like it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seentoomuch

they will never be appeased, give them an inch they take a mile.

Lol.

You get a star.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You claim to be advocating free speech yet how many times have we all had posts removed due to the fact we mentioned drugs or used a swear word

Please take your head out of the sand. ATS was forced by advertisers to meet certain content guidelines and yes, that meant no tolerance policy on some of the things you mentioned. This site is a community, so act like that and understand that this is merely a means to an end, as advertisers keep the place viable, we get to benefit in return, but we miss out not being able to talk about getting stoned all day and some cuss words.

ATS lost their revenue stream because no matter what they did to keep us in line, it wasn't good enough. Theres somme tin foil ideas about all that too. This happened just recently though so you shouldn't so oblivious to it.

Not trying to be harsh, its just that if anyone ought to know the deal around here are the people that have been on the site for a little while. Its normal for new people to scream rape every time a subject they pen is removed, but there should be enough people that get it, that we have a site to use but we have to trade off with advertising for the site to be viable. I swear some people on here keep pushing and pushing and wont stop until the site is in the toilet.
edit on 7-1-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am way past worrying about offending anyone.

We need to rid the world of violent extremist.

It's time to end this feable attempt at appeasement.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's a "come get some" with both middle fingers proudly waving.
It's laughing at a bully when he falls on his ass.
It's taking a swing at the biggest guy at the bar.
It's starting the day with a basket containing 12 'Fs' and ending the day with 13.
It's walking with a swagger.
It's American.

Sorry but what?
I'm with kosmicjack & thesmokingman - this is pointless and is just an excuse for hateful people to get some digs in.
What will this achieve? how many radical Muslims or terrorists will see this thread do you think?
This is just venting and as someone else said - say neeener neeener.
It's different if major newspapers or channels do it but this just gives some people a chance to post some awful things, there are a couple of nasty ones already and sexually inappropriate.

Like this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Threads like this just encourage the hateful, nasty folks who always post anti-islamic stuff to 'go crazy'

edit on 7-1-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

It makes me proud to be part of ats. Somebody needs to stand up for freedom of expression over a culture of intimidation.

It's also an excellent cover for actual bigots that otherwise wouldn't be so bold

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

However, at the moment, Islam is the poster-child for radical intolerance that manifests in murder and violence.

I think Anders Breviek, Benjamin Netanyahu & George Bush would all be upset to hear they've been trumped by Muslims once again.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

We need to rid the world of violent extremist.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm just going to quote that for irony and posterity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Good post and I really hope the irony isn't lost on the owners

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'll take the challenge!
I made this one myself.

edit on 7-1-2015 by SoldierCarryingHashbrowns because: reasons

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: buster2010
Yes because only Muslims are terrorist.

That part isn't right.

However, at the moment, Islam is the poster-child for radical intolerance that manifests in murder and violence.

Yes it is the poster child because the MSM makes it that way. Where was the massive MSM coverage of the Christian terrorist that was shooting up Austin back in Dec? There are terrorist in just about every religion but you only hear about the Muslim terrorist.

Because the muslims are the only ones doing it on a daily basis since irish stopped after 911.

I think you'll find drone strikes are happening daily from the hands of a well known Christian country...
It's one nation... under God, in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join