It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$15 an hour isn't all it's cracked up to be.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I hear you man,
$15/hr was just getting by back in 1995.
Prices have shot up 25 -50% since then.
Even with my wife working we never seemed to have any extra.
Glad I learned to care a lot less about money.
No point stressing about what you don't have.

I'm not bustin' your balls, but man... 11,000+ posts on ATS? You're smart. Do you have your own blog?

I have a friend that started a blog three years ago from zero. First she got up to $30 a day. Now she's over $100,000 a MONTH.

Seriously. You could be pumping out content, build up a following, and start at least to trickle in some money at first, then build it up. Just find a niche that you love to write about, and that has some sort of interest in the market. I have another friend who sells doll clothes patterns online and makes over $300k a year.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Your turn to twist away. I have all night because I'm not chasing the money.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

On a global scale, anyone who does not have to see their kids starve to death or watch them die of common diseases that could easily have been treated with simple and low cost meds, is rich.

Perspective is everything.

When you are grateful for what you have, you are wealthy. When you focus on what you don't have, you're poor.

Has nothing to do with money.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
I have a friend that started a blog three years ago from zero. First she got up to $30 a day. Now she's over $100,000 a MONTH.

Single mom makes $100,000 dollars a MONTH following these six simple steps! Click Here to find out how!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Are you rich?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

On a global scale, anyone who does not have to see their kids starve to death or watch them die of common diseases that could easily have been treated with simple and low cost meds, is rich.

When you are grateful for what you have, you are wealthy. When you focus on what you don't have, you're poor.

Your Right. It has nothing to do with money. So, Sugar. Can you help out a very poor soul that has large Medical bills to pay for. Say a cool 100000?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: ketsuko

Whats the solution?

1) Don't take advice from people who aren't rich.

One question.

Are you rich?

Why is it important for you to ask me that question? What is the honest reason you want the answer?

Well, because you just gave a big list of advice that started with "Don't take advice from people who aren't rich." If you aren't rich, then the rest of your advice is garbage, right?

Cool.... if your intent is to really better yourself, and learn, that's awesome.

That said, whatever I tell you about me on an anonymous internet forum doesn't mean anything. I could be some broke ass loser giving you advice. Look at the list I came up with and see if those points make sense to you. You couldn't know if I was rich, or how much money I have.

Find people around you. Read books. Model people who've already achieved what you want to achieve.

Re your other question, inflation begins with money supply. Increasing wages to increase demand is going to increase prices. It's part of the reason inflation adjusted wages are lower now than 30 years ago.

You mean like how quantitive easing just printed north of a trillion dollars so the already rich could stack more money they dont need?

I dont know who you think you are talking to here but I am well educated and informed.

They devalued the US currency by multiples, putting all the poor in an even worse place to prop up the elites so they didnt lose money.

Fact is the majority( bottom 60%) of this country dont even own 1% of the stocks, which is what it was proping up by robbing them by devaluing their money, so......once again those with more rhan enough already can have more.

Your mindset is pathetic, if I were religious I would pray for you.

But I am not, instead you have my pitty.

You know nothing in your life but greed obviously, as per you posts.

Give your money away...all of it. It will make you happier.

Jesus was real, son of god, no imho, but still a symbol worth respecting.

The greedy live in constant fear of losing their wealth. The poor appreciate what they have.

The rich never get to live free, all their time consumed trying to get more, trying to rationalize screwing others over so they can.

It eats your soul.

You rot from the inside out.

You know what I would do with billions.......give it all away.

All day, pay for everyones groceries.
Put 10k on the pumps and tell them to fill everyone up till it is gone.
Pay off every layaway at local stores for the holidays.
Just walk down the streets handing out money to folks that need it.

It doesnt buy you anything when you die, what good is wealth but to do as much good for as many as you can with it?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Single mom makes $100,000 dollars a MONTH following these six simple steps! Click Here to find out how!

lol what are you rambling on about now? I don't even know you but I feel like you're my goofy uncle I see once a year at Thanksgiving.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Whats the solution?

One question.

Are you rich?

Why is it important for you to ask me that question? What is the honest reason you want the answer?

Well, because you just gave a big list of advice that started with "Don't take advice from people who aren't rich." If you aren't rich, then the rest of your advice is garbage, right?

Cool.... if your intent is to really better yourself, and learn, that's awesome.

That said, whatever I tell you about me on an anonymous internet forum doesn't mean anything. I could be some broke ass loser giving you advice. Look at the list I came up with and see if those points make sense to you. You couldn't know if I was rich, or how much money I have.

Find people around you. Read books. Model people who've already achieved what you want to achieve.

Re your other question, inflation begins with money supply. Increasing wages to increase demand is going to increase prices. It's part of the reason inflation adjusted wages are lower now than 30 years ago.

You mean like how quantitive easing just printed north of a trillion dollars so the already rich could stack more money they dont need?

I dont know who you think you are talking to here but I am well educated and informed.

They devalued the US currency by multiples, putting all the poor in an even worse place to prop up the elites so they didnt lose money.

Fact is the majority( bottom 60%) of this country dont even own 1% of the stocks, which is what it was proping up by robbing them by devaluing their money, so......once again those with more rhan enough already can have more.

The greedy live in constant fear of losing their wealth. The poor appreciate what they have.

The rich never get to live free, all their time consumed trying to get more, trying to rationalize screwing others over so they can.

It eats your soul.

It doesnt buy you anything when you die, what good is wealth but to do as much good for as many as you can with it?

Jealous much?
Just for the record pity has only one T in it.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u

Your Right. It has nothing to do with money. So, Sugar. Can you help out a very poor soul that has large Medical bills to pay for. Say a cool 100000?

Yeah. Start a GoFundMe campaign. Do some press releases. Try anything. One action trying anything is worth more than thinking of a million ideas and doing nothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The bitterness runs deep in this thread. Even the people who tell others so.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So if we haven't been increasing wages to increase demand... why are prices going up anyway?

Because they printed over a trillion so the fat cats can keep making more they dont need.

At the expense of all regular folks they bdeem to be useless eaters and breeders.

In their world only million and billionaires matter....ever.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Last post for me on the thread. I'll leave everyone with a video as a peace offering.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yet you say that all while enjoying the liberties and luxuries of the working class, these services and infrastructure (the list is huge) would not be available without people with 'jobs', you obviously didn't have this discussion with your internet provider.
Even your very freedom as you say took immense sacrifice by people from the workforce.
And btw it takes money ,and tons of it to live off the grid in any sustainable way, id give you or anyone ill prepared a month in the bush before running back to the nearest 7/11.
you may not be chasing the money but you sure as hell cant live with out it.

edit on 6-1-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

You cain't help them. some people are just lost and never see the light until it happens to them because they know NOT. I forgive them who are of not know.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

I don't care anymore. I hope it burns. I'll watch and buy marshmallows/.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Whats the solution?

One question.

Are you rich?

It eats your soul.

Yes, financial wealth is good because you can do so much with it.

Since you denigrate rich in your post, and praise the poor, I would guess you're not rich.

Maybe you should set a goal of becoming rich so you can do good with the money. You seem like you have a very generous heart and mixed beliefs about money. If you become aware of those beliefs, and replace the beliefs that are keeping you from being rich, you might be able to become wealthy and help a lot of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join