It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$15 an hour isn't all it's cracked up to be.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Oh by the way, I work. You assume too much. I also served, you assume too much. You cry, I laugh.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree with you and everyone else. This mess is silly. The debt slave cradle to the grave mess is though the roof. And like everyone else me and my wife work full time and we both drive 120 miles each day to work and back home and since different schedules and daycare pick up times we can't even carpool to save money and we have to have these jobs sadly to say. We do decent but we still live paycheck to paycheck also and it's considered miracle in my family if we have the money for a car repair or even a tire a times it's rough out there but we do our best for our children, I know that at least Amen. But don't get my wrong our jobs aren't half bad, it's the crippling system and greed lies and corruption throughout from the shadow govt to every govt to every reserves to every bank and stock everything is rigged for the 1% elite scums and we all foot the sorrow and the bill.....Not fair!!! And honestly here lately a total collapse and reset no matter from stock market crash, dollar crash, or an e.m.p sound pretty damn good right now as I feel like the system is crumbling anyways so why stagger in this debt slave mess elites,shadow govt can we get on with it hurry up and start the chaos and lets start the final play for the lion eagle and the bear please.....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Last post for me on the thread. I'll leave everyone with a video as a peace offering.

Thanks for the tunes!!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Your welcome.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: TheArrow

I have a friend that started a blog three years ago from zero. First she got up to $30 a day. Now she's over $100,000 a MONTH.

Single mom makes $100,000 dollars a MONTH following these six simple steps! Click Here to find out how!

lol what are you rambling on about now? I don't even know you but I feel like you're my goofy uncle I see once a year at Thanksgiving.

It got 4 stars, so that means four people that aren't you understood what I meant. Maybe you should ask your rich blog friend. Or your rich vietnamese friend. Or your rich investment friend. Or your bikini model friend. Or all of the poor kids in the Bronx that you helped. Or the ones in New Orleans.

Seriously, because they would all know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Cutting_off_the_nose_to_spite_the_face
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-1-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: ketsuko

Whats the solution?

1) Don't take advice from people who aren't rich.

One question.

Are you rich?

Why is it important for you to ask me that question? What is the honest reason you want the answer?

Well, because you just gave a big list of advice that started with "Don't take advice from people who aren't rich." If you aren't rich, then the rest of your advice is garbage, right?

Cool.... if your intent is to really better yourself, and learn, that's awesome.

That said, whatever I tell you about me on an anonymous internet forum doesn't mean anything. I could be some broke ass loser giving you advice. Look at the list I came up with and see if those points make sense to you. You couldn't know if I was rich, or how much money I have.

Find people around you. Read books. Model people who've already achieved what you want to achieve.

Re your other question, inflation begins with money supply. Increasing wages to increase demand is going to increase prices. It's part of the reason inflation adjusted wages are lower now than 30 years ago.

You mean like how quantitive easing just printed north of a trillion dollars so the already rich could stack more money they dont need?

I dont know who you think you are talking to here but I am well educated and informed.

They devalued the US currency by multiples, putting all the poor in an even worse place to prop up the elites so they didnt lose money.

Fact is the majority( bottom 60%) of this country dont even own 1% of the stocks, which is what it was proping up by robbing them by devaluing their money, so......once again those with more rhan enough already can have more.

Your mindset is pathetic, if I were religious I would pray for you.

But I am not, instead you have my pitty.

You know nothing in your life but greed obviously, as per you posts.

Give your money away...all of it. It will make you happier.

Jesus was real, son of god, no imho, but still a symbol worth respecting.

The greedy live in constant fear of losing their wealth. The poor appreciate what they have.

The rich never get to live free, all their time consumed trying to get more, trying to rationalize screwing others over so they can.

It eats your soul.

You rot from the inside out.

You know what I would do with billions.......give it all away.

All day, pay for everyones groceries.
Put 10k on the pumps and tell them to fill everyone up till it is gone.
Pay off every layaway at local stores for the holidays.
Just walk down the streets handing out money to folks that need it.

It doesnt buy you anything when you die, what good is wealth but to do as much good for as many as you can with it?

Jealous much?
Just for the record pity has only one T in it.

Not at all. I do more than well enough, even after much giving of both finite money and time.

I have what I need, my kids eat, we have a roof and fiod and extras lime cable internet smart phones tablets xbox playstation ta lets laptops comps etc...

My kids though will never have billions because I taught them how to care about others and shun greed.

They will all live well, and find happiness.

I am quite content.

The day I die and have nothing left to my name I will be very happy.

Happiness doesnt come from things, it comes from the things we do with what we have.

You can live for others or live for personal greed, one is worth imulating, the other is worth pity.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

I didn't know he stars were a source of power. You had 4 people agree with you. Maybe there's politics involved. Why are you attacking her and what are you getting out of it? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I didn't know he stars were a source of power. You had 4 people agree with you. Maybe there's politics involved. Why are you attacking her and what are you getting out of it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Stars are a source of information, as in, four people like or generally understand the point of the post. As for attacking her, I'm not. I'm offering real advice for her.
edit on 6-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Where did you see any "attacks"?

This is a discussion board. People disagree, such is internet life.
edit on 6-1-2015 by th2356 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

I agree, to help out one another is complimenting ones knoweledge and understanding of their own and others environments around them. A True Wise man.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It got 4 stars, so that means four people that aren't you understood what I meant. Maybe you should ask your rich blog friend. Or your rich vietnamese friend. Or your rich investment friend. Or your bikini model friend. Or all of the poor kids in the Bronx that you helped. Or the ones in New Orleans.

Seriously, because they would all know what I mean.

You attacked her bikini model friend. The investment broker. Um... All the poor kids in the Bronx. You must be infatuated to know so much information. I'm jealous.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Don't! It's a trap.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm going to make my own bread. It's cheaper than 5 bucks a loaf and the 2 dollar stuff is nasty.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I would never be rich, even if you paid me a billion dollars to.

The rich are the worst of mankind, the acients warned us about greed for a reason.

It is a pit no amount can fill, and no amount of looking down and causing suffering for no other reason than you having more can accommodate.

For those under greeds spell everything will still not be enough.

From the inside it is hard to see, from the outside...

I learned very young. My father had a lot, my mother had plenty.

I had plenty early, but shunned that, I went to college, I served, I volunteered.

I have been around, seen much, loved more.

I have lived rich and poor.

Poor is better.

My father and all his friends still today only care about money and laugh and joke about screwing people over so they get a bigger return.

My mother cares more about her investments than her dogs.

There is nothing wrong with wealth. It is lust for more when you have plenty that is wrong.

It is using it to look down on everyone that doesnt have it, like they are insects that is wrong.

Most folks could have the same given a decent chance.

Most wont ever get a single chance.

Yet those that got lucky seem to act superior, like they deserve it.

When more often than not they got lucky, or had the right parents with the right friends.

Point is, in my experience skill and talent ay a minor role at best.

It is like being born into royalty, you hit the genetic lottery or dont.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If they stopped overspending the budget ,stop giving billions of dollars to countries so that they can have a base somewhere , stop paying so much for stuff on those black budgets ,Nasa, cut 50% off of everything and no war stuff for about 5 yrs. I think we could actually get OUT of debt or close to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
a reply to: infinityorder

I agree, to help out one another is complimenting ones knoweledge and understanding of their own and others environments around them. A True Wise man.

Well wise may be a stretch, but yes I am a man, and struggle daily to be a good man for my kids.

I am no saint, I can be a male phallus at times..
But I do try, that is all one can ask.

Thanks for seeing my point though.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Change will come. Innovation will put people out of work and the world will have to do something. I would like to hope it is like Star Trek. I have a gut feeling it's going to be bloody. I was watching a video about farming. The guy said it used to take him months to do what only took 20 minutes today. Automation at it's finest. Henry Ford put people to work. Robots and China made them unemployed. You can argue that the unions had a part in it if you wish. The flood gates are open at the border. Taking more jobs. When you become obsolete, things are going to get interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
If they stopped overspending the budget ,stop giving billions of dollars to countries so that they can have a base somewhere , stop paying so much for stuff on those black budgets ,Nasa, cut 50% off of everything and no war stuff for about 5 yrs. I think we could actually get OUT of debt or close to it.

If they just didnt raise spending for 5 years the economy would outgrow the debt....crazy Idea I know....but I do harbor hope.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join