It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling Again...But THIS Time, I finally I Got an AMAZING Recording. I Need Your Help Deciphering!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Great work please send this to Linda Moulton Howe if you havent already
Contact her here: [email protected]
www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am using Logitech G930 headphones and I can hear it really well..

Kind of creepy sounding for sure..I can hear every sound in your sound file crystal clear..

gaming.logitech.com...

These are some really fine headphones,

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
www.dropbox.com...

There, I did a lowpass and I tried to enhance the sound while keeping it true to the original.

I'm just reposting myself because I already isolated the sound, hello I'm here!!

edit on 6-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

AHHHH....we were posting at the same time and I did NOT see this! Thank you for re-posting it.

SWEET! Thanks for isolating it. It amazes me, how it just sounds like a little static over the computer, but when you put on the headphones...WHAM!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Nice job capturing the sound!!

That sounds like what I have been hearing in Northern California (North Bay Area). I was sitting outside night before last listening to it and searching the skies for an airplane, but there was nothing. I have heard that sound for at least 15 minutes straight, it is bizarre.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow nice recording. To me it sounds like the heavy lift rockets from the shuttle takeoffs. A little deeper in timbre though.

Launch is at around 1:35

edit on 1/6/2015 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Interesting. Were you facing the ocean by chance? Or could you tell what general direction the sound seemed to be coming from?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Azdraik

Hmmmm...that would go along (Kinda) with it possibly being the engines being tested out at NAS. Of course, they aren't that big.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Low frequency from 1- 10 Hz, like possibly that from rocket engine testing, can carry extremely far, given enough power. And it would sound pretty much just like that at a distance of 40 km, because the higher frequencies above 20 Hz of the signal would get attenuated, leaving only the rumble.

So to be sure it's not them testing a rocket, you'd have to know exactly when they are doing it to isolate the two events.

But funny this should come up. Because in the last couple days I have been picking up a very low frequency rumble on three seismos on spectro at Ranier. Been racking my brains wondering what it was, and seriously thinking about making a thread on it. It comes and goes. And it's low, like around 2-5 Hz, but visible on all three stations. Not a lot of power, but it's there. Was thinking it could be low level tremor. Hope not. Many more questionable signatures have been appearing along with it at Ranier. But again, we're back to the ice quakes. Oh no. I still worry that ice cap may be masking deep seismic events occurring under there. But the scientists say no, that it's just the glacier sliding.

Ok. Well I keep wondering with all these signatures (into the hundreds or thousands now) just how far the glacier can keep sliding down with each event before it finally just slides all the way down the mountain.
I mean Christ, they've been using that as the explanation for years now. You should see some of these signatures. Looks like volcanic long period events.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I know exactly what you're talking about...they often post spectographs of the slides on the PNSN FB site. They admit though, to not being exactly sure on the mechanism behind some of those odd signals. It's all educated guesses. I was wondering about geyser activity?

Oh...and for whatever reason, it seems impossible to find any sort of schedule for the jet engine testing. I don't know it it's secret or not. I would think, too, that there would be a schedule, and that they wouldn't be doing it late at night, when we sometimes hear it.
edit on 6-1-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
TA, Not wanting to derail this thread so hoping for a short answer or a PM.

I am currently living in the shadow of Ranier myself. Over in the Lake Tapps/Sumner area and would love to know what seismos you are viewing, are they publicly available or are you associated with an organization that has access to them. I would like to keep better tabs on the mountain, just in case. Even a little extra warning could be advantageous should evacuation ever need to happen.

Thanks!
EVC

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Well, I've kinda been at this for years, so I have some things most don't, but at the PNSN here you can view recent seismic activity at Rainier:

pnsn.org...

13 quakes in the last 30 days... or so they think. That ice cap makes life REAL difficult for those trying to decipher its seismic secrets.
edit on Tue Jan 6th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

One cool thing...I got contacted today about requesting to a part of the QCN monitoring program.

QCN program

This involves getting a program and installed equipment to help monitor. You can bet I'll be curious to see if anything at all shows up during the rumbling. I guessing it won't, since it seems to be sound waves, vs geological, or from the ground. But it'll still be very cool. (it's not the reason I'm joining the program, of course)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, I have it bookmarked and set as a secondary home page so it will get looked at periodically, in case I forget to do it manually.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yes I hear a rumbling sound, then the helicopter, but given there's a train nearby, and a highway those can't be ruled out as the culprits. I live near a train track and when it's carrying a heavy load it rumbles before it gets close. I live by a highway and airport as well.

I'll give it another listen on my bose speakers. I'm using headphones.

It's definitely eerie.

My speakers aren't picking up anything but the birds, and as a rule they're better than my headphones.
edit on 7-1-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Well I put on headphones, good ones and all I am hearing is the very loud cargotrain rumbling, lorries and a helicopter. At some point I thought there could be more, but there is definetly just a distant heavy train...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Heh... this is exactly the kind of sound I heard in Copenhagen yesterday around 1pm...... Didn't think much off it, except that it was out of place and unusual.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Yes I hear a rumbling sound, then the helicopter, but given there's a train nearby, and a highway those can't be ruled out as the culprits. I live near a train track and when it's carrying a heavy load it rumbles before it gets close. I live by a highway and airport as well.

I'll give it another listen on my bose speakers. I'm using headphones.

It's definitely eerie.

My speakers aren't picking up anything but the birds, and as a rule they're better than my headphones.

Anyone who thinks it might be a distant train or distant freeway noise are NOT using good headphones. If you heard it in all of its glory, you would know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well I put on headphones, good ones and all I am hearing is the very loud cargotrain rumbling, lorries and a helicopter. At some point I thought there could be more, but there is definetly just a distant heavy train...

They must not be good ones then, because there is a VERY loud rumbling/roaring that drowns out all of the other noise.

Did you miss THIS LINK

It's a cleaned up version that theMediator created. The only way this could be is a train is if I were getting ran over by it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast
a reply to: evc1shop

Trust me... I know EXACTLY what those stinkin trains sound like. I have to pause my audiobook recordings every time one goes by....but it absolutely NOTHING like this. There is actually a train going by in THIS recording. You can hear its horn at one point....it is totally drowned out by the rumbling.

I agree with you that this does not sound like those trains. I heard a rumble last Saturday while out at Padilla Bay and I thought it was the trains but it did grow in intensity and seemed to be coming from across the bay echoing off Cap Sante in Anacortes. Made me start searching the sky for some of those patrol planes that fly out of Whidbey NAS, prowlers, I think they are called, but I cold not locate them and the sound was not that directional to my position to actually get a fix on it.

So, I am also intrigued by this mysterious sound now. Thanks for giving me more things to distract me from my software writing tasks.

edit on 7-1-2015 by evc1shop because: fix mistake, clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join