It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling Again...But THIS Time, I finally I Got an AMAZING Recording. I Need Your Help Deciphering!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Yes very good headphones.
I take it there is no frakking in the area?
You didn't say,

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Nope! Thankfully, no frakking here, yet!!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Yes. It "feels" VERY powerful... Like a force I would definitely Not want to contend with!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

background.... quite a few years ago, like the 1970s era I think
there was another spate of rumblings that emanated from no visible source and came from 'nowhere'

the SciFi magazines had theories made by other authors that these rumblings were sounds from WW2 aircraft

I did note that in the OP LINK to the MP3 there was a segment towards the 1st two minutes which sounded exactly like propeller aircraft...
the explanation back then was the propeller WW2 aircraft sounds were time projections or time anomalies where the sounds of the aircrafts hit a time warp but the visual/physical craft were not materialized

just saying.... those sounds, noises...have been going on for generations--- even centuries in different places in the contiguous 48 States... the Hudson Valley is another rumbling spot... eerie rumbling for/by no apparent reasons (like storms or construction or military exercises)

hope this expands your inquiry/thread

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sorry WC, didn't mean to sound like I was putting down your OP! I actually could hear what you are describing, perhaps some good headphones would pick it up more. I just meant it would be easier to distinguish without the helicopter. The low freq sound actually sounds almost synthesized, it reminded me of a sound effect from a trance album by "Virus". Very strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's a very interesting sound.....makes me think of two tremendous vibratory frequencies trying to resonate. It certainly seems to be grand and awful times we're living in. Lots of mysteries and puzzles.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Wow...that is extremely interesting.

Since these sounds have always come from the direction of the ocean, I have wondered about sound waves traveling from a long distance. Maybe, even, underwater volcanoes? (just a theory)

To be fair, it is also the same general location of the NAS base.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Oh no, I didn't think you were!!

I'm going to see what I can do about isolating it, and removing all of the other noises.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Underground trains the Elite use to travel to their famed underground places?
Hole in the ozone and you can hear the Solar winds, or other sounds as Earth whooshes along thru the cosmos?

I dunno, but it is eerie!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Any way to get the sound isolated so those of us that are cheap can hear it?

I heard some weird crap in the woods once. It seemed really steady, and out of place. Few miles down there was construction going on. The sound travelled weird.

If this keeps happening I might be inclined to drive up there and see if I can hear it too. I sort of think most of these are hoaxes, but believe you.
edit on 0620150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I was up at a house I rent in Mt Vernon over the weekend and heard similar sounds around 3PM on Saturday while walking the Padilla Bay trail.... I currently live down in the Auburn area and have not heard anything like that here so probably not Rainier waking... yet.
I thought at first that since you seem to be over in the Bow Hill area that perhaps you were hearing the sound of one of the 3-engine diesel trains pulling the tanker cars out of March's Point refinery as they hit the grade along I5 but the recording doesn't have any of the squealing which normally accompanies the engine noise. Some of the diesel engines can really put out almost subsonic rumbles as they get into their low rpm serious power band but that's not what I heard on your recording. I will keep an ear out for the sounds when I am up there again.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Maybe there's something up there that we can't see that's making this noise.

Extra-dimensional? Alien? Experimental aircraft? A long distance weapon?

When the sound fades in, it seem to have a different curve than when it fades out. At the end of the second fade out, the volume spikes for a very short time before it completely disappears.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I am downloading the sound file now, will try it out on a pair of 15" PA monitors driven by a dbx 2400w amplifier (scare the neighbors LOL). You say you have a raw file? A .wav would be much better, mp3 sucks for analysis. I have spectrum analysis and forensic software running in my recording studio system, so I'll take a run at it if you want, you can PM me and I'll give you gmail address as I expect the file will be around 120-140mbytes.

What would you like to see out of an analysis?

If this happens again, if you can use two mic's parallel and pointing in the same direction, four feet apart and the second mic two feet back (45 degree offset), I might be able to do a partial decoding of direction using a virtual doppler process.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.dropbox.com...

There, I did a lowpass and I tried to enhance the sound while keeping it true to the original.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Trust me... I know EXACTLY what those stinkin trains sound like. I have to pause my audiobook recordings every time one goes by....but it absolutely NOTHING like this. There is actually a train going by in THIS recording. You can hear its horn at one point....it is totally drowned out by the rumbling.

I know people from Bow Hill, Anacortes, Mount Vernon, Sedro Woolley, Burlington, Big Lake and Concrete that all heard it one night last year when it was extremely loud. A police officer in Mount Vernon questioned 911 dispatch about it, it was so loud.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I hear sounds like this often when I'm trying to get to sleep, but it's kind of strange that I can hear it much louder when I'm laying in bed, which is in the back of my apartment, very strange.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Under the right atmospheric circumstances I can hear a train running on the tracks and even the traffic on the highway, both 6-7 miles away...All I am saying is that sound can really travel at times...

Perhaps you need to investigate by traveling to nearby towns with a small player and headphones and ask around if those people have ever encountered the noise...

Comes thru loud and clear on my end...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

I totally agree that this is likely some sort of phenomenon involving atmospheric conditions, open water, the mountains behind me, etc. I am just 100% certain that it is NOT a train or traffic. The ONLY plausible thing I have heard over the years, is possibly jet-engine testing at NAS. I'm hoping to get the sound isolated and find out if that's what it could be.

I do appreciate ALL input though. To explain a bit more about my sureness...I have lived near these train tracks for over 20 yrs now and I know what they sound like and what they sound like in different conditions. The trains are certainly louder on a cold, clear night but it's a totally different decibel than this.

I have lived in this valley for 25 years now and in this particular home for eight. Before that, I lived near a airport in Eastern Washington for about 15 yrs.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Thank you! I pm'd you. I am trying to isolate and remove the background noise, but I am butchering it.
I HAVE determined that rumbling sound is below 500 hz (I think that's right)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Thank you! I pm'd you. I am trying to isolate and remove the background noise, but I am butchering it.
I HAVE determined that rumbling sound is below 500 hz (I think that's right)

My recording system operates with a -117db noise floor 24/32 bit 192khz 50 tracks, I should be able to clean it up ;-)

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join