It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling Again...But THIS Time, I finally I Got an AMAZING Recording. I Need Your Help Deciphering!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Anytime!

It really is hard to describe hearing it in person, because you can feel it so much...like standing in front of a big sub woofer at a concert.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Classic earth plate movement sounds at its finest

Even the bird in the background hears it.

Or could be the train at 0:07 that blows its whisle and again at 0:18 thats making the ground sound.
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Yes. As I have explained several times now, in the background there is:

A TRAIN
A HELICOPTER
A CAR DRIVING BY
BIRDS
DISTANT FREEWAY NOISE

...and just good old background noise.

However....NONE of these things (obviously) are causing the extremely loud rumble DROWNING out all of the other noise.

I don't mind people giving ideas as to what it is, but get some good headphones and listen to it again.
edit on 7-1-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

I hear the noise because i use studio grade equipment when i did.

Also its not the first time this noise has been heard.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Wow...thanks for those links. Gives me more to think about.

And sorry...I might be getting a little defensive because several people are saying they think it's a distant train or cars. I can say with 100% certainty that it's not.

It's always reminded me of the 'quake noise' I experienced twice before during large earthquakes. Maybe those experiences are making me biased, but that's my closest comparison.

That last link you provide in particular....oh man. Exactly like what I'm hearing.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hi, this is a very interesting recording. I was an acoustics analyst in the Navy in the cold war. We used LOFAR (Long Range Low Frequency Analysis and Recording) equipment extensively in many parts of the ocean, off the continental shelf of many parts of the US. As such, we were looking for submarines, but have recorded many hours of what we used to call "Modal frequency anomalies" when our hydrophones were at the right depths to intercept a deep sound channel, that occurs due to certain temperature thermoclines. These layers channel sound over great distances, and many of them sound and look similar to what you have shown.

You need more detail and granularity in the 20-50hz area, but to me it is apparent that you have a fundamental frequency somewhere around 20-50 hz that is showing harmonic distortion into the higher frequencies. The fundamental seems to be very powerful to do this. You may be in an area that exhibits Modal resonance to this frequency, and would be a factor of how the bedrock and surrounding geology reflects and absorbs this sound.

You should relocate your equipment in different areas where you live and see if you can capture it again. Broadband Sound that gets trapped in these "Modal Channels" can propagate great distances, and I wonder if that is what is occurring here. Still, you do not know what the source is, which could be hundreds of different things ranging from aircraft engine testing, to experiments that the Military has been known to do on land and at sea.

I would recommend the LOFAR analysis available in Sony's Sound Forge Software. It is very good, and may help to determine the actual fundamental that is causing this amplified reverberation. If I have time, I would like to download your sample and run it through what I have. It will be fun.

Thanks for a great thread!
edit on 7-1-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Very interesting! Thank you for your detailed reply. There is actually a seismic station in the sound that I think has the recording ability you're talking about. On a couple of different occasions, I was able to get someone at the PNSN to check it and confirm that it did, in fact, pick up a sound wave.

Would you like the wave file? I have that at 16bit that I could email to you if you want to pm me!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

More detailed spectral analysis of this MP3 reveals the lack of a clear, narrow band fundamental, and is more indicative of low frequency, pretty evenly distributed broadband noise that has been attenuated above 120 Hz over distance to the source. Because it is an mp3 I wouldn't make observations on the area below about 50 Hz, as compression and low frequency trimming inherent in that conversion process will distort or lose much of the very low end. But in this case, we don't need the low end below 50 Hz to make a pretty good educated guess that it is likely something like a jet engine several miles away- because the even distribution of peak frequencies across the 50 Hz to 120 Hz range differentiates this sound from something like any kind of seismic activity, which tends to exhibit much more clear narrow band fundamentals in the 0 to 20 Hz area.

Therefore I would tend to disagree a bit that this is any kind of resonance-related amplifying of a fundamental in the local geology. Cause there really is no fundamental. Take a look at it yourself and see. I've run it through four different types of spectrographs.
edit on Wed Jan 7th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Interesting and good information. The only thing that would make sense if there is one or more narrow band fundamentals at the root of this, is great distance, in which that granularity is lost in the mix of endless multipath transmission. I will give the sound bite a go to check out what you have seen. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Yes, thanks. I will IM ya. TrueAmerican did some great analysis. I would like to back it up. Let's see what's there.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You must have a good mike to capture those deep frequencies.

I always had in the back of my head it might possibly be the noise of a new type of jet-engine (SPECULATIVE of course), but listening to your file I don't have the impression it's from a moving craft/jet.

The noise (with the exception of in the beginning) starts relatively and also ends relatively abruptly. I wouldn't expect this from a jet engine, the noise would gradually fade out etc.

It sounds like something stationary.

One on hand I would want to say it sounds like something "natural", but then the abruptness of the sound speaks against that it is a natural Low Freq sound.

I am just guessing, some type of machinery, fracking, drilling, whatever...which in some way is amplified. It's really difficult to tell when a noise is merely very low frequencies, you cannot locate the source and it can carry miles.

Edit, Just noteworthy to mention:

Seattle, Boeing ...
Do they maybe have an engine test facility in that area?
edit on 1/7/2015 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I remember a story about a man who had a
filling that would play a radio station!
the chemicals acted like a crystal radio.

could the mix of chemicals under the ground
be acting as a reviver for some thing from the sun or space?
Like a quasar.

both give out a Lot of Power.
any one know what low frequency
come from the sun and quasars that are low?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
this is the exact same sound we hear in SE QLD. it will fade in and out continuously sometimes for hours.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Fracking ?

I know this has been mentioned already. But ...

I was just informed of underground oceans - with waves !

Sorry no links or sources.

This particular sub-terranian activity could explain a lot - if true ...

Techtonics mixed with water could have earthquake like sounds ... without disaster, like an "earthburp" maybe ?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I didn't listen, as I don't have headphones here at the moment. But I grew up in a suburb of Cleveland and the NASA Lewis research center has a wind tunnel. When they tested something there, you could hear a low rumble for as long as the tunnel was active. Maybe there is a recording of it somewhere to compare to. I was about 8-10 miles away from it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
As someone who studies a lot of audio theory and the likes I can say one of the first things I would do is look at this under a spectrum analyzer. Figuring out the frequency band can go a long way in determining what it could be. The way your describing it sounds as if it's somewhere down in the 30-60hz range. Anything lower than 20z and headphones don't respond to it too well as well as our ears having trouble hearing it. I haven't heard trains or helicopters do this but I can say depending on what you used to record this has a lot to do with it as well.

The noise floor is a key factor here. Instead of trying to give an audio lesson here I'll let google define noise floor..."In signal theory, the noise floor is the measure of the signal created from the sum of all the noise sources and unwanted signals within a measurement system, where noise is defined as any signal other than the one being monitored." This basically means you could be recoding the A/C or any other mundane thing that you don't ever even hear with your ears. The lower the noise floor the more that's picked up.

I haven't had a chance to listen on any good monitoring equipment yet but I figured I'd give a little of my invite here as it seemed it would help. First start by identifying the frequency as that will let you rule a lot of stuff out. Also maybe checking into some of the free sound sample forums out there which have great communities full of people who record samples of all kinds of things. I'm sure if it was a common occurrence those people would know.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Could it have been the Texas Quake from the same day??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that reportedly lasted for 4 seconds.

here is a recording from YT of the Japanese EQ (watch from 39 Seconds)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Rather than make multiple, individual posts, I'll try to answer all the questions in just one. )

Thanks for all the responses!

First, TA...I'll try to find a site to upload the RAW WAVE file for you. I think the higher freq showing up on the spec as all the other noise. When isolated, the rumble is primarily on the low end.

(much bigger image...this is zoomed in, obviously)
files.abovetopsecret.com...

@NoRulesAllowed: The NAS Whidbey base, that is 30 miles to my West, does do jet engine testing. I even found an article about some people trying to get them to build a 'quiet' building, because right now they do it out in the open on the tarmac. This is why I think that it's the only likely explanation, but I have a hard time believing that it can be so loud, so far away. It must have something to do with the atmosphere, the water, ground and mountains behind me. Whatever it is...it's fascinating. I've also been hearing this for more years than they've had the newish testing program - but that doesn't rule it out.

@Timely - no frakking in our state yet. The only underground tunneling is big Bertha in Seattle, who has been sitting idle for sometime now.

Rikyd-I have a couple people working on it. I can run some filters and such, but I'm not that good at it.

@Phatdamage: I don't think there's any way it could be connected to a small quake that far away. Interesting theory, though.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Great capture. Never heard this before.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm in Napa county, and it isn't too far from the ocean but I wouldn't say it's close either. There is also Travis AFB on the other side of the hill moving inland. The sound could be from something they're flying too. It's just that the sound carries on for what seems like too long to be a plane. We have flyovers of jets all the time and it sounds similar but not the same. The rumble is more distant then the sound of the jets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join