It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had intel to save US government, would you? I sure as hell wouldn't.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I dabble in Amateur Astronomy, one night recently I was staring into the sky and it kinda dropped on me all of a sudden.

Hypothetically if I knew of a rock big enough to take out Washington DC and knew exact time and day it would hit Washington DC.

And I could warn the government so they all escape to other states to save themselves or go to deep underground bases.
They would probably give me few million, make me a hero among my peers. Offered me a nice job position.

Despite all of this.
I would not only not say a word, I would destroy any evidence I collected.

I know all about how it would cause chaos for entire country for a number of years, I know all about how many non government people would also get hurt. I know all of that.

I still wouldn't say a word. US government is a madman, why would I save a madman.

To count only one single thing from the present they did
*created ISIS though astronomical support of Syrian Rebels*

Can you imagine all the things the madman has done in the past.
If fate has sent a Rock to take the madman out. Who am I to interrupt it.

Would you do it? Forget the scenarios, lets say it is up to you. Would you do it ?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I would because not doing so would make me just as mad/bad as them. I try to live by the thought that whatever I do today... I'll have to sleep with tonight. It's not my issue if others do things that are horrendous, monstrous, or immoral. My issue is me and how I choose to live my life. I prefer not to have my conscience beat the hades out of me on a daily basis.

I can understand not wanting to do it 100%. I absolutely get it. I just couldn't not say anything and live with myself afterwards.
edit on 1/6/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

You do know that there are more people in Washington DC than just the politicians right? It's a WHOLE city full of various people from all walks of life. In fact, regular people outnumber the politicians by a GREAT margin. By not putting out the evidence, you've effectively written all those people off and doomed them to death. Hope you can live with that on your conscious. Might as well throw Baltimore into that mix too, since my city is so close to DC that anything that effects DC effects Baltimore.

Though that doesn't change the fact that even if you do go through with this heinous idea. The death of the leadership in Washington DC would throw the country into the worst chaos its ever been in. Our country could possibly fracture, crime would run rampant, and eventually martial law would be declared. If you think the state of the country is bad now, the state of the country minus its leadership would make our current situation look like a utopia.

I can see that you really didn't think about the consequences of your decision to not warn DC about the imminent death approaching them. You just wrote them off because of your hatred of the politicians in DC. This is a very sorry excuse for a thread and shows how callous you are.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I mean no disrespect but how can you live with yourself now. If you know about things US government does.

Unless of course ATS is just an extreme entertainment site and not a site you believe gives at least 40% truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Of course I would warn them.. I'm on the good team.

Link

"surely that thing which you fight you become. If I am angry and you meet me with anger what is the result? More anger. You have become that which I am. If I am evil and you fight me with evil means then you also become evil, however righteous you may feel."

I mean you do realize what corrupted our government right?? It was fighting evil people.. Other people had secret weapons, we had to have secret weapons.. This all comes from fighting what you think is evil.

Instead work on what is good.

Just my thoughts anyway..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I live with myself fine and don't understand why I should lose sleep over what other people that I can not control do. That's like asking one how they can continue living because serial killers exist...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All those people you mention that will be killed by the rock when DC is hit, are anyway gonna be killed by US government only slowly. Spiritually most of them are dead already due to fine fine programming.

Better to lose an arm than entire life.

Removing US government is like removing an arm with cancer that didn't yet spread.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

OK, see you at WW3 instigated by US government where potentially a billion people will die worldwide, I hope you gotta deep hole somewhere and I hope you have a small corner for me too.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So you would condemn innocent people to death because you don't agree with your government?

Okay...

Personally, i would alert the government about any threat to it or society...

Through alerting the government, you are not only ensuring the remaining structure of the nation-state, you are also saving the lives of innocent civilians. Regarding the hypothetical topic at hand, the destruction caused by a meteorite would not only ruin the USA, but the world too. International social structures could possibly decline as a result. People would die. It would set everything back.

I think such an event would have severe consequences, and i would definitely hand over the information to save not only the government and the societal structures, but my fellow human beings and nature too.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
"surely that thing which you fight you become. If I am angry and you meet me with anger what is the result? More anger. You have become that which I am. If I am evil and you fight me with evil means then you also become evil, however righteous you may feel."
Just my thoughts anyway..

What anger ?

Only INACTION. Keeping quiet and letting things happen.

Isn't that what majority of Americans do anyway. Apathy is the word of the century.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555

All those people you mention that will be killed by the rock when DC is hit, are anyway gonna be killed by US government only slowly. Spiritually most of them are dead already due to fine fine programming.

Nice rationalization to dehumanize other people there buddy. If you weren't such a hater of the US Government, the military would LOVE you. Like this is TEXTBOOK military dehumanization method so that people can live with killing innocents of enemy combatants.

Better to lose an arm than entire life.

Well your op describes the death of America, so I'd say that is a BIT more than losing an arm.

Removing US government is like removing an arm with cancer that didn't yet spread.

Bullcrap! First off, if you take out the current crop of politicians in the government, new ones just as bad if not worse will take their place. And second off, losing our leadership for even a day would throw our country into chaos. Believe it or not they DO keep this country running. You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you hate the US Government so badly, then go live in another country. Though, if you did that, you'd find that the leadership no matter which country you live in is corrupt and self-serving.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555

What anger ?

Only INACTION. Keeping quiet and letting things happen.

Isn't that what majority of Americans do anyway. Apathy is the word of the century.

killing the government and letting the government potentially go to war are not your only options. What I said was instead of fighting the negative (government) work with the positive (Love)..

But do you really think another government can't fill the void the US would leave? Power vacuum in the US with all the drugs, and Russia.... Gangs... Youd be creating one hell of a problem, and how do you know this would not kill billions..

Work on the good. Try to stop the end of the world, but I wouldn't murder millions in the process on your quest to "save the world"

They're all trying to "save the world" don't you see?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Fine Krazyshot, you posted in this thread which is what I wanted, people to post. Voiced your disagreement.

Well I guess see you at WW3, will you survive, I honestly hope you will, I do. It would be nice for you to live and learn how wrong you are, then to just float to the other side where it is much easier to see 20/20

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

WW3 isn't going to happen any time soon. It's been imminent for like the last 70 years and still hasn't happened. Heck we aren't even as close now as we've been in the past to WW3 happening. I mean if you think we are closer to WW3 now than during the Cuban Missile Crisis, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Stop fearing the WW3 bogeyman, it's making you into an irrational hater. You are in too deep. For the record, I've been where you are now and it is boring and fearful. Plus, it never happens. Will it happen? Maybe. Will America be the cause? Possibly. But I see no point in worrying about it until it does.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would be very vocal in my findings...that way the citizens get a chance. If one was to find out the scenario you laid out, if the information wasn't disseminated publicly, who knows what the government would do with it and you. Would they sit on it and prepare COG and military for the aftermath? Or would they do the right thing and start evacuation and attempt to keep order? Either way, the country will be so busy they wouldn't be able to start a war for decades.

Also, D.C. getting taken out won't take out the government. Do some research into Continuity of Government (COG). Doomsday scenarios like the one you've provided have been thought out. The "shadow government" would be given power. These are people that are appointed to rule. I can't see that being a better alternative.
edit on 6-1-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
killing the government and letting the government potentially go to war are not your only options. What I said was instead of fighting the negative (government) work with the positive (Love)..

But do you really think another government can't fill the void the US would leave? Power vacuum in the US with all the drugs, and Russia.... Gangs... Youd be creating one hell of a problem, and how do you know this would not kill billions..

Work on the good. Try to stop the end of the world, but I wouldn't murder millions in the process on your quest to "save the world"

They're all trying to "save the world" don't you see?

Since your scenario is the real scenario *meaning there is no rock that will wipe out DC*.
That means we will try it Your Way.

We'll see how it works out

Hope you got a deep hole somewhere

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'd have to warn them.
I can not sink to their level and kill innocents, just to get rid of a few vermin.

edit on 6-1-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Nice rationalization to dehumanize other people there buddy. If you weren't such a hater of the US Government, the military would LOVE you. Like this is TEXTBOOK military dehumanization method so that people can live with killing innocents of enemy combatants.

Yep..

I remember starting in Basic training, we were told stories of sand monkeys, and how many times kaji got away..
Dehumanization is what leads most to mass death across the globe now and in all of our history.

The solution is humanizing more people. So the OP complaining that people in America are "spiritually dead" in the same time as saying I want to kill these other people cause they are less worthy.. Irony. But it's no joke..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
...and just like that, you made a watch list somewhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
WW3 isn't going to happen any time soon. It's been imminent for like the last 70 years and still hasn't happened. Heck we aren't even as close now as we've been in the past to WW3 happening. I mean if you think we are closer to WW3 now than during the Cuban Missile Crisis, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Stop fearing the WW3 bogeyman, it's making you into an irrational hater. You are in too deep. For the record, I've been where you are now and it is boring and fearful. Plus, it never happens. Will it happen? Maybe. Will America be the cause? Possibly. But I see no point in worrying about it until it does.

I quoted your post so that if you edit yours there is a record of the original one.

Read slowly what you wrote, s l o w l y.

How does that make any sense.

*Don't fear WW3, possibly will happen, possibly US government will cause it, but don't worry until it actually happens*

???

OK, so I won't worry about stage 2 cancer, I will worry till stage 4 till I got 3 months to live and no hope of a cure.

Nice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join