It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomerang UFO Zigzags over NH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A decent story about an 'unknown aircraft' witnessed by different people 30 miles apart. Actually got a picture of this thing and one witness passed underneath the craft and was able to do a computer layout of the lighting pattern of the craft. The link has the pics and descriptions.

"My wife and son kept watching it while I was driving, and it eventually appeared to be just above the treetops, and traveling no more than 30 or 40 mph, because we were doing 50 and we could see it moving slowly, just in front of us. Then, as we drove under it, we could still see it moving over the trees, making no sound whatsoever."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The next thing Bowe did was to file a report with the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), who turned the case over to NH field investigator Mark Podell. He told HuffPost he thinks this most likely has an Earth-based explanation: "I've studied aircraft and propulsion systems for 25 years. I think this sighting adds up to it being a man-made, possibly stealth aircraft that has abilities that most people are not aware of."

Bowe respectfully disagrees with that assessment.

"I think it was extraterrestrial, in my personal opinion. From what I witnessed, I've never seen a craft that could do that -- being that big -- float by without falling out of the sky and not making a sound. It wasn't a blimp or a drone. I estimated the size of it. The wings were about the size of two tour buses -- that's how big this was over the trees."

A super secret Stealth aircraft or E.T out for some sight seeing ? Either way interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A super secret Stealth aircraft or E.T out for some sight seeing ? Either way interesting.

Ultra stealth, Ultra light?

If it "flew" , yanking and banking, followed by a helicopter? They surmise it was terrestrial in origin, I tend to agree.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

LINK

You'll have to scroll down a little more than halfway but it's worth it, it solves this and other mysteries.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Could any of those outrun an F 16?
I didn't think so......meh

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I agree with the LTA vehicle idea. It probably was one. That being said the govt does have triangles out there that may be lighter than air that can outrun f16s.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I agree with the LTA vehicle idea. It probably was one. That being said the govt does have triangles out there that may be lighter than air that can outrun f16s.

And YOU have a link to back that up??
Didn't think so....meh

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hopefully Zaphod see's this thread, and comments. I'm pretty confident from reading through the Aviation forum that he would have a pretty good idea what was seen (albeit he probably wouldn't tell you though). Good find S & F.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"Hello Huston.....we have the alien reproduction vehicle in sight"....I don't really think so.....
Unless Zaph is "in contact with the aliens"......

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Northrop Grumman has a large facility in the region. They've done upgrade work on the X-47B up there while it's testing at Pax River. The Northeast has a surprisingly robust aerospace and defense industry.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Maybe I misread you post, but I wasn't claiming it to be ET. There are other members that are a little more in the know than me. Maybe one of them can bring a little more to the table. UFO threads tend do fizzle, and die around these parts. As much as I would LOVE for this to be ET, me thinks it's black budget material.
edit on 5-1-2015 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Can the X-47B travel at that low of an altitude, and as slow as 40 MPH?

X-47B
edit on 5-1-2015 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeenyus2008
Hopefully Zaphod see's this thread, and comments. I'm pretty confident from reading through the Aviation forum that he would have a pretty good idea what was seen (albeit he probably wouldn't tell you though). Good find S & F.

Sure, if you are looking for a rational prosaic explanation. I don't think reality is rational or prosaic!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jeenyus2008

That low, sure. Actual performance numbers are classified though. They have a number of other programs as well. Quite a few non-DoD UAV platforms are in development.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't mean to poke fun...but Zaphod has no more knowledge of what the ETs are up to than you or I....just sayin...
Well. I did mean to get a smile out of youse though....
Theres always somebody who will give you the prosaic...but that sometimes just doesn't cut it....

edit on 5-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

So instead of trying to explain it conventionally, we should assume this is a couple of aliens flying around probing cows? That sure does put a smile on my face, thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

How does a solid aircraft (UAV or not) stay in the air weighing as much as they do, going as slow as reported? LTA aircraft usually has do to with baloons, and blimps. One would think that a solid UAV would weigh too much.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jeenyus2008

VTOL/STOVL/STOL technology. A STOL platform can land at what looks like walking speed almost.

Lockheed VARIOUS
edit on 1/5/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That does not mean it can sustain such walking speeds indefinitely does it?
I cant say what this is but I don't think there is anybody else on here who can.....
Its all a crap shoot when it comes to such anomalous craft sightings....
There is NO LTA that can outrun an F16....period...
The x37 b cant fly at very slow speeds For very long anyways....it becomes rock like at low speed.....
Unless of course it has an alien power source....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

A STOL airplane can maintain slow speeds as long as it maintains lift over the wings.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I can't guage how loud the crafts that use STOVL actually are while hovering. Would someone driving a few hundred yards away hear it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join