It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Rosary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

No whether they are real or not is meaningless for the discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No whether they are real or not is meaningless for the discussion.

The OP made numerous claims about the rosary that were based on the existence of God, Jesus and Mary. How, then, is it not relevant whether they exist(ed)? I'm sorry, but I don't follow your thinking in that regard.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The claims are based on what the Bible says. Whether the Bible is accurate or not is meaningless, only what it says matters as far as answering the OP is concerned.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I would like to start my reply to you by saying that I am sorry for putting so little thought into my replies to you last night. These fourteen hour work days are killing me.

Now, in reply to you, I will say that with reason, Mary would have had to be free of sin to carry God. If she were to have sin in her, then Jesus would be born of sin, and that cannot be.

I would say that there are exclusions, or exceptions to the rule you posted from scripture. For example Jesus, His Mother, and John the Baptist who was sanctified in the womb by the Presence of the Christ in the womb of Mary.

There must be exceptions, because then that would mean that Jesus too was in sin

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
copa reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Mary was a sort of co redemptress. Notice how she was also on Calvary, suffering and weeping in sorrow for not only Her son, but her Lord.

She knew him better than all of us, and she knows of the human condition better than we do. She is willing to become our mother too, and graft us into the line of Her Son, that we may branch out and bear fruit in His name.

Many do not realise that Her name is very much like His.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

I would like to start my reply to you by saying that I am sorry for putting so little thought into my replies to you last night. These fourteen hour work days are killing me.
I do 12 and sometimes 20 hour shifts, I hear ya!

Now, in reply to you, I will say that with reason, Mary would have had to be free of sin to carry God. If she were to have sin in her, then Jesus would be born of sin, and that cannot be.

Except nowhere in the Bible is that view promulgated, and the Bible explicitly states Mary did have sin, as ALL have sin.

I would say that there are exclusions, or exceptions to the rule you posted from scripture. For example Jesus, His Mother, and John the Baptist who was sanctified in the womb by the Presence of the Christ in the womb of Mary.

There must be exceptions, because then that would mean that Jesus too was in sin

Except there are no exceptions. ONE exception would nullify the need for Jesus. There is no need for Jesus to be born with sin (especially since children are NEVER born with sin, and scripture supports that too).

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Mary was a sort of co redemptress.

That is so dangerous an idea, it's not bordering on heresy, it IS heresy, and against everything Jesus and God teach.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
ea reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I agree with you, but I also believe that God is with the Mother, and praying WITH her is like going to God's soft spot.

Sometimes, when I am sinful and ashamed of my human condition, I go to Her and get bandaged up, and made able to take up my cross again. I do this in the eyes of the Mother, who watches the scene of Calvary

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

ea reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I agree with you, but I also believe that God is with the Mother, and praying WITH her is like going to God's soft spot.

When his mother and brothers came to watch him and someone asked if He wanted them to come speak to Him, what did Jesus say?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

The Rosary is one of God's greatest gifts to man.

If only more people knew of the graces made accessible in the prayer. There is so much peace to be found.

Pope Francis gave out rosary beads disguised in a box labeled 'heart medicine', truly it is that and much more.

Do not be deterred by the Hail Mary, for it is not the worship of an idol. It is the call to purity, it is the aspiration to obedience, for we should all aim to be like Mary, the woman who deserved to be the Peace of God incarnate.

Why should we perform a ritual to hail a mythological figure? Any of them.

Why do you enter into this forum, knowing already that you will encounter people with a strong faith that you do not have?

What is your reason for paying this thread any mind at all, when you are so incredulous as to give the scriptures no merit at all?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

That's very vague, how about a hint?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

That is so dangerous an idea, it's not bordering on heresy, it IS heresy, and against everything Jesus and God teach.

Jesus is the God. Babies are born with sin, the OG sin.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

That's very vague, how about a hint?

The hint is he did not say yes. He said his real mother, and real brothers, were those already gathered there. There was no special place by His side for Mary.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Jesus is the God. Babies are born with sin, the OG sin.

There is no OG sin. The OG sin is a sinful nature, it is not sin itself. Jesus had that same sinful nature, He struggled like we struggle. He overcame what we can not overcome. That is why it had to be Him on the cross, only he was able to remain sinless.

It's very simple to prove your line of thinking wrong if you would like I can do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

We differ in our understandings of the Christ. My understanding is that He had the passions subdued at birth and was only tempted with sin. My understanding is that the only pain of man He was not required to suffer was the remorse and bitterness that comes with sin, for He was and had to be without sin.

Feel free to diagnose my train of thought though, I will read it carefully, so do not think that you write in vain. I may answer you a bit later though, I have to get ready and go to work.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

We differ in our understandings of the Christ. My understanding is that He had the passions subdued at birth and was only tempted with sin. My understanding is that the only pain of man He was not required to suffer was the remorse and bitterness that comes with sin, for He was and had to be without sin.

The fact he was tempted is proof enough. If His nature is one that can not sin, He can not be tempted. The fact He was tempted meant He felt our stuggle.

Feel free to diagnose my train of thought though, I will read it carefully, so do not think that you write in vain. I may answer you a bit later though, I have to get ready and go to work.

It's ok my shift is over soon too.

So let's use simple logic. If Mary had to be sinless because the only way to give birth to someone who is sinless is to be without sin, then Mary's mother would have had to have been sinless, to give birth to sinless Mary. And her mother before her, her mother before her, until we reach Eve. Meaning if what you say is true, ALL people are sinless, as Eve would have had to have been sinless, and would have given birth to sinless children.

We know that is false, therefore the premise Mary had to be sinless to give birth to sinless Jesus is also false.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Ah, okay, I see where your coming from. I'll answer you a bit later, but if you could do me a favor, contemplate Jesus being tempted in the desert, the options given to Him there and read my thread written and called: the Devil.

Talk to you soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That was a brave decision on your part to promote the rosary and Mary on what is a very anticatholic website.

For the record, I agree with you. The rosary is a powerfuland extremely misunderstood prayer tool. Interestingly however, some Anglicans use it, and there are even a couple of Anglican approved Marian miracles, including one here in SA not far from Adelaide.

Kangarilla is a beautiful little town near the sea with a very special little stone church there.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: backcase

I won't have time, my shift is ending.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

There was nothing special about Mary, ....

The way I see it, Mary is Jesus mother. They were close in life and she stood at the foot of the cross as he died. Some of His last words while He was alive were to comfort her. I have no doubt that now that she's in Heaven they are close as well. Yes yes, we all get to see and be with Jesus, but this is an intimate mother/Son relationship so I have no doubt she's close to Him there. So when I need the 'powerful prayers of the righteous', I ask HER to pray for me to Jesus. A Jewish mother asking her Son for something ... it's gotta' have some extra oooomph, ya know?

Worshipping Mary or Satan, both are equally evil and sinful.

Thankfully, Catholics do not worship Mary (no matter what fundamentalist preachers try to claim).

edit on 1/5/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join