It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Rosary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Can you show me any place in the Bible Mary is referred to as a Goddess?

Why should I? I was addressing the following post:

originally posted by: PeaceVindicator
Goddess worship and all its dead ends can be found throughout scripture and with the discerning Spirit in today's world. God did not reveal Himself in this way, and while His patience is great, He will not be mocked. Are you prepared to challenge the God of Abraham against "The Goddess, Mother"?

I. personally, don't have a problem with Goddess/Mother worship, which is what you're accusing these Catholic/Christians of doing. But, I'm neither of those.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Care to show me what holy attributes Jesus got from Mary?

Uh.......Life?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Whether Mary or anyone else would do is a red herring to her Queenship, and worship belongs to God alone. We should strive to be like Christ, yet all fall short. Thank God for the mysteries of those who have come after Christ, all in His mighty Name, honored as Saints with an over abundance of history to show the heavenly mark of approval with sweet smelling graves, bodies that don't deform, and many other miracles. These fellow sinners give people hope that they too can be an active participant in the Kingdom, on earth as it is in Heaven. What is a denominational label to Truth?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
James 5:16 - Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

The Rosary is a wonderful meditation on the life of Jesus and the wonderful works of God. And asking Mary to pray for you is a rather smart thing to do. We can use all the prayers of 'righteous people' that we can get and she, being in Heaven, is known to be righteous.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Care to show me what holy attributes Jesus got from Mary?

Uh.......Life?

So nothing Godly. Exactly as I said.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Well, then there is no point in debating you on the topic, as the response to the OP is from a Christian standpoint. It's sort of like saying there is nothing wrong for a Christian to pray to Satan, I do it, but I'm not a Christian.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The difference being your viewpoint places no special attributes to Mary above and beyond any other person. Asking Mary or asking my neighbor to pray for me, they both pull the same weight, and neither is any more special than the other.

James 5:17
Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

I believe that verse drives home the message I am sending. Elijah is simply a person. Mary is simply a person. No different than you or I.
edit on 5-1-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

So nothing Godly. Exactly as I said.

What was it that Jesus sacrificed on the cross?

HIS LIFE!

It's sort of like saying there is nothing wrong for a Christian to pray to Satan, I do it, but I'm not a Christian.

So now you're equating reverence to Mary, the Mother of your God, to Satan?

Was Mary the Bride of Yahweh, or just a "One night stand"? I mean, Christians are the bride of Christ, right? What was Mary, chopped liver?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PeaceVindicator

We need belief, we need faith... we already have hope. Its a promised fulfillment - God is Faithful and True.

Oh ye of little faith! Jesus said. Jesus says through HIM we can do all things.

Trying to trap the living inside the dead won't get anyone anywhere. Life lives... we must experience that life first through belief, then through faith, then we will have our own proof, and faith becomes natural as breathing. Let the dead bury the dead. The living, lives.

edit on 5-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
The Rosary is one of God's greatest gifts to man.

If only more people knew of the graces made accessible in the prayer. There is so much peace to be found.

Pope Francis gave out rosary beads disguised in a box labeled 'heart medicine', truly it is that and much more.

Do not be deterred by the Hail Mary, for it is not the worship of an idol. It is the call to purity, it is the aspiration to obedience, for we should all aim to be like Mary, the woman who deserved to be the Peace of God incarnate.

Why should we perform a ritual to hail a mythological figure? Any of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

HIS LIFE!

I fail to understand your point. Many died on the cross. Mary dying on the cross would have been meaningless. Only Jesus could have done it. Life could have come from any woman, not just Mary, which is exactly what I stated. There was nothing special about Mary, nothing that made her worthy or deserving.

Was Mary the Bride of Yahweh, or just a "One night stand"? I mean, Christians are the bride of Christ, right? What was Mary, chopped liver?

Worshipping Mary or Satan, both are equally evil and sinful. Mary was neither bride nor one night stand, I fail to see the point of anything you posted, and you clearly have little to no grasp of the subject matter. Or can you point me to Scripture that says either of them?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You asked me what holy attribute Jesus got from his mother. I said, "Life."

You said, "So, nothing godly."

I pointed out that HIS LIFE is what he sacrificed.

I fail to understand your point. Many died on the cross. Mary dying on the cross would have been meaningless. Only Jesus could have done it.

Did Mary NOT give Jesus life? Was NOT Jesus' life holy? Is NOT his holy life, that he gave what "saves the world"?

Life could have come from any woman, not just Mary, which is exactly what I stated.

So then the answer is "Yes, Mary was Yahweh's one night stand".

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

So, are you saying that Mary wasn't Jesus' mother?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You asked me what holy attribute Jesus got from his mother. I said, "Life."

You said, "So, nothing godly."

I pointed out that HIS LIFE is what he sacrificed.

The 2 men who died with Him had life. Every mother gives a child life. Any woman could have done the same. There is nothing special about Mary.

Did Mary NOT give Jesus life? Was NOT Jesus' life holy? Is NOT his holy life, that he gave what "saves the world"?

Mary birthed Jesus, the Bible is quote clear Jesus was around long before the Universe existed. Mary helped give Jesus His human form, His human form is not what made Jesus Holy. Again, you have little to no understanding of the topic.

So then the answer is "Yes, Mary was Yahweh's one night stand".

The answer is you have no answer so you stick to ad-hominems and insults. There was no sex, other the fact you are completely ignorant on the subject I am not sure how that enters into the discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

a reply to: OpinionatedB

So, are you saying that Mary wasn't Jesus' mother?

Jesus said it, not him. Perhaps you should become educated on the topic and come back to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I will disagree with you on one point though, Because there is something special about Mary. First, she was willing to face all she had to face for Christ.

She did it for God, out of love of God.. she did it for us. But she was probably given a choice of some kind. I don't think God forced her to subject herself to all that she was subjected to.

I was 14 and unwed and pregnant in a society that frowned heavily on such a thing too. I did it in a much more modern time so there was more acceptance of that for me than ever would have been for her.

Do you really think most people believed her that no man had touched her? I dare say she was the subject of ridicule and shame the same as I. Joseph was a help to her in that, I do know. Top that with the fact in her old age her son was making the entire country side angry..

yeah.. she got a LOT of flak over bad parenting too I would imagine. She put up with a lot, and was willing to do so, because of her love of God.

Ones like her, are very very few. They do exist, she certainly isn't the only one willing, but they are not running down the hillsides like water either. Look around and you know this truth also. She was special, and her sacrifice had great meaning for us all.

I say if she helps people get closer to Jesus then it is good.. but if she takes away from the message then it is not good, and Mary would not be happy about that at all! She sacrificed self so we would know HIM in truth.. not so we would know her.

But being self sacrificing is part and parcel of doing God's will on earth. We should all take the lesson in that, and give just as much of ourselves for Christ, for one another, as she gave for us.

edit on 5-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I will disagree with you on one point though, Because there is something special about Mary. First, she was willing to face all she had to face for Christ.

She did it for God, out of love of God.. she did it for us. But she was probably given a choice of some kind. I don't think God forced her to subject herself to all that she was subjected to.

I was 14 and unwed and pregnant in a society that frowned heavily on such a thing too. I did it in a much more modern time so there was more acceptance of that for me than ever would have been for her.

Do you really think most people believed her that no man had touched her? I dare say she was the subject of ridicule and shame the same as I. Joseph was a help to her in that, I do know. Top that with the fact in her old age her son was making the entire country side angry..

yeah.. she got a LOT of flak over bad parenting too I would imagine. She put up with a lot, and was willing to do so, because of her love of God.

Ones like her, are very very few. They do exist, she certainly isn't the only one willing, but they are not running down the hillsides like water either. Look around and you know this truth also. She was special, and her sacrifce had great meaning for us all.

I say if she helps people get closer to Jesus then it is good.. but if she takes away from the message then it is not good, and Mary would not be happy about that at all! She sacrificed self so we would know HIM in truth.. not so we would know her so much.

There are many women in similar circumstances. I admire those who face such adversity and rise to the challenge. You misunderstood my meaning, which is that Mary was simply a woman, not special in any way, and that is why she is to be admired. She was just like us, yet succeeded with burdens far beyond what most of us have faced. That doesn't make her special though, that does not make her more than human. Not blameless, not sinless, just a person.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

She was just like us, yet succeeded with burdens far beyond what most of us have faced.

That is what I see too. Which means, we can do more than we are doing today. I pray I rise to every challenge and be considered trustworthy in every trust HE sees fit to throw my way. We should all pray the same, not only for ourselves, but for one another.

We are to encourage one another, and be the model for the other. Be helps to one another, yet all we can do is to argue and fight. Sit and say we are right about things that shouldn't matter.

What matters most is our salvation, Jesus Christ on the cross and how that translates into the modern day. We should encourage one another, and help all who suffer for the testimony of Jesus Christ. People are dying right now in this world for that testimony.. and we argue theology that will not save us.

all my love to everyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

HIS LIFE!

I fail to understand your point. Many died on the cross. Mary dying on the cross would have been meaningless. Only Jesus could have done it. Life could have come from any woman, not just Mary, which is exactly what I stated. There was nothing special about Mary, nothing that made her worthy or deserving.

Worshipping Mary or Satan, both are equally evil and sinful. Mary was neither bride nor one night stand, I fail to see the point of anything you posted, and you clearly have little to no grasp of the subject matter. Or can you point me to Scripture that says either of them?

Hilarious. You're arguing about storybook characters as though they were real. Who would win a cage match? Frodo or Sam or Pippin?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join