It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Rosary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Rosary is one of God's greatest gifts to man.

If only more people knew of the graces made accessible in the prayer. There is so much peace to be found.

Pope Francis gave out rosary beads disguised in a box labeled 'heart medicine', truly it is that and much more.

Do not be deterred by the Hail Mary, for it is not the worship of an idol. It is the call to purity, it is the aspiration to obedience, for we should all aim to be like Mary, the woman who deserved to be the Peace of God incarnate.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Why would I want to be like Mary, a sinner?

Rom 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
She is the sinner who deserved to be the Mother of God. to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
She is the sinner who deserved to be the Mother of God. to: OccamsRazor04

Deserved? How did she deserve it?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Afgy to: OccamsRazor04

Because she was full of Grace.
edit on 103131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Why would I, when God has already answered?

She was graced, grace, by definition, is something we do not deserve. You do realize that right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Afgy to: OccamsRazor04

Because she was full of Grace.

What you are suggesting, is that when we are saved by the grace of God, we DESERVE salvation. Which is exactly the opposite of the message contained by the Bible.

Mary was lucky, but she was nothing special, just a normal person chosen for an extraordinary purpose, for the glory of God, not the glory you bestow upon her.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
OccamsRazor04

God chose Mary as His tabernacle. Why? Maybe it was because she was the only one fit to carry God inside her? Why? Maybe she was not a sinner at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

God chose Mary as His tabernacle. Why? Maybe it was because she was the only one fit to carry God inside her? Why? Maybe she was not a sinner at all.

Except then you need to toss the entire Bible out, and the whole idea of God. If people can be sinless they no longer need God. Your what ifs are just that, what ifs, not contained in the Bible, and have no basis, and are in fact contradicted by what the Bible actually says, as I have already quoted in my first response.

Rom 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Are you suggesting all have NOT sinned? All have NOT fallen short? We can be perfect and have no need for God?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was extremely ill last year. After a long and strange spiritual journey which kept me away from the Rosary for a long time for all the wrong reasons, I prayed on the situation and did extensive research on its origins and proper use as a deep meditative device, not some superstitious disgrace to God that calls for repetitive praying like the pagans do. The very first time I came back to it armed with proper knowledge, it was miraculous. I no longer needed to rely on the faith from the stories of it saving kings, monks in the atom bomb spread, or that girl in Florida from Ted Bundy, for I prayed it one night, went to bed, and woke up in full recovery from my illness. Praise be to the Lord of Lords.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So we should try to emulate Mary because she was sinless? Sounds a lot like Jesus to me. If Mary is sinless then what makes Jesus any better than her? Mary is even assumed into heaven just like Jesus was.

This is something that has always puzzled me, even when I was still a believer. If Mary was chosen to be the vessel for Jesus then she must be just as or more important than Jesus himself. Without Mary there is no Jesus and no salvation.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If you're honest in your quest for this truth, I recommend getting the Footprints of God dvd series on Mary. They happened to have a free copy at my local library. The mystery of Mary being the new ark of the covenant is so deep it's breathtaking. There's a correlation between the 6-month mark with the Baby kicking and King David dancing around the tabernacle (i'd have to re-watch and take notes to do a better job of explaining that one).

If one were to be free from sin, they would still need God's full grace to make it so. Paul's explanation about all having fallen short is a solid line. Paul also explains how Mary is the New Eve and Jesus is the New Adam sent to undo what was originally done.

Bathsheba was the Queen of Solomon, for it is the Hebrew way for the mother to be the queen. Think critically. From a purely physics perspective, it only makes sense in a heavenly dimension for Yeshua to give His mother high honor in the Kingdom He bestowed. I mention physics because we're talking about alpha-omega, all that has and ever will be done. If you were capable of imagining the realm of eternity, it would be, scripturally speaking, absurd for you not to accept Mary as the Queen of Heaven. That being said, i am not the end in any of this. Be honest with yourself in the quest for truth, and make way for the awe of mystery. God bless, and have an insatiably peaceful new year

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

We should aim to be like Christ, not Mary. She was a sinner like us. She was chosen as Christ's mother because of her bloodline to David. We need not pray to Mary. She has no control or authority in heaven nor on earth. Our prayers should be directed to our heavenly Father after just as Jesus taught.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So we should try to emulate Mary because she was sinless? Sounds a lot like Jesus to me. If Mary is sinless then what makes Jesus any better than her? Mary is even assumed into heaven just like Jesus was.

This is something that has always puzzled me, even when I was still a believer. If Mary was chosen to be the vessel for Jesus then she must be just as or more important than Jesus himself. Without Mary there is no Jesus and no salvation.

False. Without Mary there is another woman with a bloodline to David who will do.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Without Mary there is another woman with a bloodline to David who will do.

Hmm. I don't know about that. Did God use Mary's egg, or a heavenly pre-fertilized embryo? In other words, in your mind, was Mary nothing more than a surrogate?

Personally, I've find meditating on "The Goddess, Mother", many problems are easily soothed away.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Goddess worship and all its dead ends can be found throughout scripture and with the discerning Spirit in today's world. God did not reveal Himself in this way, and while His patience is great, He will not be mocked. Are you prepared to challenge the God of Abraham against "The Goddess, Mother"?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Does it matter either way? Jesus did not get anything special from Mary other than David's bloodline. It was not Mary who made Jesus holy.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeaceVindicator
Goddess worship and all its dead ends can be found throughout scripture and with the discerning Spirit in today's world. God did not reveal Himself in this way, and while His patience is great, He will not be mocked. Are you prepared to challenge the God of Abraham against "The Goddess, Mother"?

LOL! Are you serious? Are Daddy and Mommy fighting?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Jesus did not get anything special from Mary

That's quite a myopic misogynist viewpoint you've got, harking back to day when women were nothing more than mere chattel.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: PeaceVindicator

LOL! Are you serious? Are Daddy and Mommy fighting?

Can you show me any place in the Bible Mary is referred to as a Goddess?

originally posted by: windword

Jesus did not get anything special from Mary

That's quite a myopic misogynist viewpoint you've got, harking back to day when women were nothing more than mere chattel.

And nice ad-hominem. Can't attack the post, so you attack the poster. Care to show me what holy attributes Jesus got from Mary? There are none. Any women would have done, the only requirement was being of David's bloodline.
edit on 4-1-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join