It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Holyoke students say ‘black on black’ crime doesn’t exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Has college really been this dumbed-down??? Seriously????

Now black on black crime has been declared a myth. It doesn't exist.

"Reality: There is no such thing as black on black crime."

Source

Um.... no, that's not the reality.

This is reality:

I wonder if these college students would erase the word "myth" from their whiteboard if they saw this video??

(not saying this is Michael Brown in the video so save your comments that it's not)
edit on 3-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow!!! Is that a joke?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

1. Those flash cards are probably just some troll looking to cause your exact reaction.

2. That video is obviously not Mr. Brown, it has already been debunked.

Yes college students are generally idiots and it's my opinion that Brown's own actions and choices lead to his death. He was a criminal who attacked a police officer.

But, this is a garbage thread full of nonsense. You should be ashamed of yourself.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Another race bait thread? Sure you have a point and whoever wrote those little signs is quite blind to the truth (that violence exist on all sides) but this is just fanning the flames. Do people like you want a race war to happen? Lets draw attention to Asian on Asian violence, Hispanic on Hispanic violence, Native on Native violence, White on White. The point is race is an illusion and the more we desperately feed the beast the stronger it will become. People (all of them) need to realize this before its too late.

Actually now that I reflect a bit the person that wrote that sign is 100% accurate. There is no such thing as "black on black" crime. There is only human on human crime. Nothing less, nothing more.
edit on Cam11Saturday0120153631Sat, 03 Jan 2015 11:01:36 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: add

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

1. Those flash cards are probably just some troll looking to cause your exact reaction.

Yes college students are generally idiots and it's my opinion that Brown's own actions and choices lead to his death. He was a criminal who attacked a police officer.

But, this is a garbage thread full of nonsense. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Instead of making up sh!t about what this "probably" is why don't you research it yourself? Or debunk it?

And yes, I posted in the OP that I'm not saying the video shows Michael Brown because I anticipated people like you would try to derail the point of the thread.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

This is anything but a "garbage" thread.

It shows what garbage is being fed the youth of this nation. These eggheads coming out of college got so much politically correct liberal garbage pumped into them they follow it as a faith no different than religion when they get out and interact with the real world.

The video shows a black thug assaulting an elderly black man. Deflecting, distracting, derailing attempts on who their names may or may not be is proof of the garbage you are spewing.
edit on 3-1-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Another race bait thread? Sure you have a point and whoever wrote those little signs is quite blind to the truth (that violence exist on all sides) but this is just fanning the flames. Do people like you want a race war to happen? Lets draw attention to Asian on Asian violence, Hispanic on Hispanic violence, Native on Native violence, White on White. The point is race is an illusion and the more we desperately feed the beast the stronger it will become. People (all of them) need to realize this before its too late.

Do you even understand what race-baiting is?

Are there any races who will be offended by seeing this story? If so, please explain your offense.

The old black man in the video got pulverized by two other black guys. For some snot nosed college kids to minimize what happened to him to promote their political agenda is disgusting and stupid, imo.

Pointing this out is not race baiting.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Are there any races who will be offended by seeing this story? If so, please explain your offense.

The old black man in the video got pulverized by two other black guys. For some snot nosed college kids to minimize what happened to him to promote their political agenda is disgusting and stupid, imo.

Black agenda supporters will be offended because they want total focus on the bad whiteys.

Ironically that students whole presentation is based on a myth. Hands up don't shoot never happened in the Brown case that the Black Power agenda picked as its current slogan. The hammer bludgeoning deaths of white Serbs in the immediate area puts blood on all their hands.
edit on 3-1-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You want to stir perceived racial tensions to insight argument and fan the flames of perceived racial hatred. What else is that besides race baiting?

There is no difference between black on black vs. black on white vs. Hispanic on white. Its all just human violence. Unless that violence is committed with the sole intent of harming an individual of another race, as in racial violence, such as that perpetrated by Neo Nazis skinheads or Klan members or extremely racist street gangs.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Surely you aren't suggesting I am a supporter of this "black agenda", I'm not. I support humans and their freedom.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Is it just me or do these look like they were made by 6th graders..?

The content of the cards definitely supports my suspicions.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Pointing out any wrongs the black man does is race baiting. I learned that from going to college and paying attention to modern entertainment.

Tired of the racists in this country. The black ones especially. Because they get a free pass, accuse everyone else then sit back and enjoy the mess they made. If Ferguson, Eric Garner, Honor Student Who Was Killed In A Drug Deal #283 taught me anything, it's that black America is inherently more racist than whites ever were.

The more people sit back and let this crap happen the more it WILL happen and the more it WILL affect everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I think the students have a point. The semantics and common usage of the term "black on black" is by and for a certain group of people to imply that "black on black" is a less important form of crime. It's also used in a horribly twisted way to morally offset LEO's murders and flockery.

But that's race baiting (i.e. a critical examination of authoritarian norms). Not strong on introspection. Go cheer on the sniper instead.

The people in this thread will tell you "black on black" is real, it's different than all other forms of crime. it's statistically important and it is ample reason to dehumanize blacks. As if you rally needed another reason. After all, they do it to themselves so why does it matter?

Morally and logically bankrupt. So you see. It's not good enough to ignore this cancer. It needs to be dissected.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

There are millions of instances of all races inflicting injury among their own, jeez the biggest mass murderers of the 20th century were white, Hitler and Stalin.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your thread is ignorant and pointless.

Why don't you research why there are so many influences and social conditioning that keep humans divided? And what is the reason for keeping us divided? Who would profit? That would be an interesting and compelling thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Surely you aren't suggesting I am a supporter of this "black agenda", I'm not. I support humans and their freedom.

Then why be offended at blunting the false narrative that white on black crime is more prevalent than black on black or white on white or any other combination?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I think the point was showing how modern society is being forced to think blacks can't hurt their own. We're always told about the racist white system but the ones "exposing" racism always forget the racism given a free pass in this society.

Ever hear of Idi Amin? Or is bringing him up ignorant and pointless, you know, since all horrors are committed by the white man?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Crime is crime, and it is mostly done to people of the same race as the person doing the the crime

Read the article that is sourced in your op.
Cause it gives the context of the flash cards.
They are not saying the crime doesn't happen, just that to label it is wrong.

When is the last time you heard the phrase white on white crime?

edit on rdSat, 03 Jan 2015 11:24:01 -0600America/Chicago120150180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am not surprised. Mount Holyoke is notoriously extreme far left and not what I'd consider a high end school. There are idiots out there who actually believe that black people can't be racist (I have even seen a few people here say that.) and that the only reason black people shoot each other is because white people have somehow made them do it via racism. It's absurd.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Pointing out any wrongs the black man does is race baiting. I learned that from going to college and paying attention to modern entertainment.

Tired of the racists in this country. The black ones especially. Because they get a free pass, accuse everyone else then sit back and enjoy the mess they made. If Ferguson, Eric Garner, Honor Student Who Was Killed In A Drug Deal #283 taught me anything, it's that black America is inherently more racist than whites ever were.

The more people sit back and let this crap happen the more it WILL happen and the more it WILL affect everyone.

really did you just say that? that Black America is inherently more racist then whites ever were. All races have been equal in there racism throughout history, I can't believe that statement was just said.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Crime is crime, and it is mostly done to people of the same race as the person doing the the crime

Read the article that is sourced in your op.
Cause it gives the context of the flash cards.
They are not saying the crime doesn't happen, just that the label it is wrong.

When is the last time you heard the phrase white on white crime?

Yes, I omitted this, this is the crux of the argument. Why does the phrase "Black on Black crime" even exist? Heck, MS13 can be argued to be one of the most violent organizations out there, but one does not hear the term "Hispanic on Hispanic crime". Why is that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join