It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Holyoke students say ‘black on black’ crime doesn’t exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Yes I did read the article you linked but still a lack of context for me with regards to the image.

Personally I think the term black on black crime is a bit of a racial canard. There is no equivalent, as Dr Junk says, no one talks about white on white crime or Asian on Asian crime. So why does this term exist?

Yes black people kill black people. White people kill white people and so on. But defining these crimes using race is a bit bizarre unless you are gathering statistics.

People commit crimes against each other. Sometimes racial motives are involved and in these cases we can cite the person's race as it is relevant. Otherwise leave it out.

Perhaps that was the point the students were making?

Sociology is all about expanding your social horizons and not everyone will agree on things. Have you studied sociology? Have you attended seminars were discussions and debates are encouraged and strong differing views and opinions are seen as healthy?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lol, if it didn't exist, it would actually be another proof of how racist the black community really is...unless there's no black crime at all, of course.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk
Does white on white crime exist?

It's sure never reported as such.

other than from the FBI ?....

Murder

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DrJunk
Does white on white crime exist?

It's sure never reported as such.

other than from the FBI ?....

Murder

Please quote where the FBI uses either the term "white on white" or "black on black" on that page. I can't seem to find it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: daftpink

It's hard to make judgements on what is effectively a picture of a kids' display about social issues. We don't know the context. Perhaps it is being used as a discussion point or a way for kids to share misconceptions.

They became offended when some dared to say that all lives matter instead of "black lives matter."

The zealous student activists ran with this meme, and like the good little party members they are trained to be, began promoting the meme of the day, "Black on Black Crime is a Myth."

I think your two points here are contridictory.

To me by saying that racial crime does not exist it is a step in the right direction of removing the racial barriers that have been put up and it is the start of actually seeing people as more equal and removing the thought that crime is different by color. Once that happens in the minds of the majority it will be a good day.

Perhaps you are correct in your assertion that they had other intentions with the sign but you have not proven that yet and the evidence points to this being a good classroom exercise that seeks to break the divide between us and an attempt to reign in the current mental paradigm givin by the msm.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
dopple ganger
edit on 4-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
And blacks can't commit hate crimes either. They also can not be racist.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Educate yourself on the usage of a spreadsheet table. The area that says "Race of Victim" directly compares with the area that says "Race of Offender". Essentially whites offend whites at a comparable rate that blacks offend blacks.

Why the blacks offend blacks figures get more attention then others is a debatable topic. Personally I do not believe that race is the sole exclusive reason as to why it is mentioned.

For the sake of clarity: "offend" is used in the context of law violation offenses.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality

Educate yourself on the usage of a spreadsheet table. The area that says "Race of Victim" directly compares with the area that says "Race of Offender". Essentially whites offend whites at a comparable rate that blacks offend blacks.

Why the blacks offend blacks figures get more attention then others is a debatable topic. Personally I do not believe that race is the sole exclusive reason as to why it is mentioned.

For the sake of clarity: "offend" is used in the context of law violation offenses.

False. The rate is not the same. The number of offenses is about the same.

Whites are 72.4% of the population, compared to 12.6% that are blacks. That means the rate of offense of black on black crime is 600% (6 times) higher.

Of the 2,600 black people murdered less than 200 were killed by a White person, almost all of the rest were done by a black person.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

If black on black crime doesn't exist, the government should free black gang members guilty of killing other black gang members as it obviously doesn't happen.

I swear, the world is getting dumber and dumber!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The person I replied to asked where the FBI gathered the term "white on white" or "black on black" on that page. I pointed out that the information is available if the data is looked at. I was not arguing percentages. Also I think I stated that the number of offenses is essentially comparable(IE. almost the same).

So...where did this misunderstanding of language arise(because I don't see it)?

Also it is not deniable that the figure of "blacks offend blacks" receives more attention than the other figures in that table. Why this happens is unknown to me but as I said i believe race is not the sole factor.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Yes I did read the article you linked but still a lack of context for me with regards to the image.

Personally I think the term black on black crime is a bit of a racial canard. There is no equivalent, as Dr Junk says, no one talks about white on white crime or Asian on Asian crime. So why does this term exist?

Yes black people kill black people. White people kill white people and so on. But defining these crimes using race is a bit bizarre unless you are gathering statistics.

People commit crimes against each other. Sometimes racial motives are involved and in these cases we can cite the person's race as it is relevant. Otherwise leave it out.

Perhaps that was the point the students were making?

Sociology is all about expanding your social horizons and not everyone will agree on things. Have you studied sociology? Have you attended seminars were discussions and debates are encouraged and strong differing views and opinions are seen as healthy?

I think the root of the problem is the education system has failed to teach kids math and statistics, not to mention logical thinking. Instead, they are taught to politicize numbers to promote whatever agenda they're trying to promote.

If engineers used math this way, every plane would crash and every bridge would collapse.

Let's follow this:

The protests are about white cops killing black suspects. There were 1,217 TOTAL police shootings between 2010 and 2012. That's ALL police shootings of suspect. In 2012, 123 blacks were shot by police. Not just white police, all police.

Now think about that number. 123 blacks killed by police in 2012.

IN that same year, 326 whites were killed by police.

Ok, got those numbers.

In Chicago in 2014, just one city, there were 353 blacks shot and killed. Of the arrests made so far, 99 shooters have been identified as black.

So in one year more than twice as many blacks were murdered in Chicago alone as were shot and killed in the entire U.S. by police in 2012. And of those, so far 99 shooters black shooters have been arrested.

So let's put this is perspective. There is one Officer Wilson who killed one Michael Brown.

In Chicago alone, there were 353 "Darren Wilson's" who killed blacks. So far 99 black suspects who killed black victims have been arrested.

That's what would be called black on black crime. It exists. To call it a myth is false. it's a fact. Arguing over semantics is nothing more than political posturing. It's doing nothing to address the problem, or find a solution.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

Yes, the first part I am with you. The 2nd part, the rate, I am not.

They are not comparable. The NUMBERS are about the same, but since Whites vastly outnumber Blacks population wise, the RATE is 6x higher for black on black crime.

ETA: Maybe this will help.

There are 1,000 of race A. They kill 80 of themselves.
There are 100 of race B. They kill 80 of themselves.

The number is identical, the RATE is not. Race A killed 8% of themselves, race B killed off 80% of themselves.
edit on 5-1-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Jamie1

It's hard to make judgements on what is effectively a picture of a kids' display about social issues. We don't know the context. Perhaps it is being used as a discussion point or a way for kids to share misconceptions.

They became offended when some dared to say that all lives matter instead of "black lives matter."

The zealous student activists ran with this meme, and like the good little party members they are trained to be, began promoting the meme of the day, "Black on Black Crime is a Myth."

I think your two points here are contridictory.

To me by saying that racial crime does not exist it is a step in the right direction of removing the racial barriers that have been put up and it is the start of actually seeing people as more equal and removing the thought that crime is different by color. Once that happens in the minds of the majority it will be a good day.

Perhaps you are correct in your assertion that they had other intentions with the sign but you have not proven that yet and the evidence points to this being a good classroom exercise that seeks to break the divide between us and an attempt to reign in the current mental paradigm givin by the msm.

Saying racial crime doesn't exist would be a step in the right direction.

But that's not what's happening.

What's happening is a false double-standard is being perpetuated. Black crime doesn't exist. Only white racist cops exist.

We can protest now because we can target white racist cops and pretend the thousands of blacks killed every year by other blacks don't exist.

What's really draining on the soul is the obsession people have to promote their anti-white, anti-cop agenda over giving a sh!t about the thousands of other black kids being gunned down. There are dozens of Michael Brown's every day but we don't hear about them or their murder cases because it doesn't fit the media's narrative.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Yes I understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is why it matters. You are looking at the number regarding total population. I am looking at the number of total offenders in a population. 600% of 2 is only 10 more total numbers. This is where we are getting confused. According to the post I quoted and responded to:

Out of total Homicide data:

3128:2614 of "white" deaths were committed by "whites"

2648:2412 of "black" deaths were committed by "blacks"

Drop the percentages and look at the figures at face value. Even with you computing the difference between total population numbers the difference is so small as to be almost trivial.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

I said the numbers are near identical. The term "rate" has a very different meaning.

The numbers are the same, the rate is not, the rate for black on black crime is 6 times higher than white on white crime.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Yes? Is that your point? I have known that from the beginning. I never said the rate was the same. I said the numbers were comparable. Excuse me if my post did not fit your prjections. As I explained in the original post of your first reply to me I was simply telling the person I replied to that the data he was looking for was there.

Forgive me but I do not see where this is headed. Why do numbers and rate have anything to do with this? I wasn't trying to make a point that declared so. I had no intention of debating the fine points between the two. I merely wanted to show DrJunk that the numbers he was looking for were available for the taking.

If I made an error with the numbers I displayed I'll thank you in bewilderment.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yes? Is that your point? I have known that from the beginning. I never said the rate was the same.

Actually you did, that was what I pointed out. Otherwise I agreed with you. You pointed out the numbers were there, which the other poster said they were not. Your post was a quality post.

Essentially whites offend whites at a comparable rate that blacks offend blacks.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Black on Black crime is as real as White on White crime as real as yellowish and yellowish crime as real as Brownish tan crime on Brownish tan crime as real as ????

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

surely you do not believe that there are no racist cops out there? I can't say i agree with the recent events but i do see how bringing up black on black death just spins the conversation from the problem that is certain police shootings where the system has covered up clearly murder of citizens.

I can agree that a more focused message of seeking out those among the force with views that would leed to crime instead of it being about race but as i have pointed out blacks have been forced to stick together and not trust whites and imo there reason is acceptable to some extent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join