It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush resigns from board positions ahead of possible presidential run

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: FlyersFan

Then again, Obama was nothing compared to Hillary and somehow he managed to get elected instead of her. Weird.

If you watch her performance in the primaries, Hillary was sure she had the nomination in the bag and got VERY lazy the first 3 months of her tour.

Had she started the race with the same gumption that she ended, it probably would have been a tighter race.

~Tenth

I watched the primaries, and I watched Hillary's face when she got the news from the big J that Obama was getting The Nod.

Seething.

I think FF's post with the 'which they aren't' refrain is worth keeping.

# 337

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Okay America, it is time for a serious wake-up call. We can’t expect to see a miraculous change in this convoluted mess we call a government, without “us” doing something different.

We sit around, we blip about this, we blip about that, and in the end, the result is always the same, because “we” continue to do the same things. If we want change, then we have to start by changing how we think and what we do.

The first thing we need to do is to educate ourselves. There is no excuse for ignorance. The information is just a couple of keystrokes away. No one should be voting for a candidate without at least knowing who owns the candidate. All of them have a paper and money trail that you can follow blindfolded. Just follow your nose.

Perhaps before knowing the candidate, you should know yourself. What are your “realistic” expectations from your President? We have to drop the complacency. There is no hero or heroine that is going to ride up on the white steed and save us. Your neighbor, your co-worker or Mork, is not going to going to clean up this mess for you. We are all going to have to get our hands dirty if we are going to turn this ship around.

We have no representatives in government. The government represents those that pad their bank accounts and their only concern is how they can remain on Capitol Hill and continue to collect their fat checks.

We can continue to lie to ourselves and we can continue to buy into the party line bull crap, but as long as we keep allowing the crooks to play with their own loaded dice, they are going to keep rolling sevens and we are going to crap out every time.

Vote for the darn dog catcher, but there is no good and no change that will come from another Bush or Clinton in the White House.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Look at it this way, this is the last Bush and while he is there for eight years Hillary will fade away so no more Bush's or Clinton's in the future.

He's only the last until Bush the IV. W's kids will be old enough to run when Jeb is out, lets elect a young female president!

Absolutely no way on Jeb. I like some of his policies but not having a royal family trumps a good politician.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would take any Bush over what we've got right now.

originally posted by: mamabeth

Dear God in heaven please save us from another Bush or Clinton in the Whitehouse!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony

Dear God in heaven please save us from another Bush or Clinton in the Whitehouse!

Yeah, we've got it real bad right now...

I put gas in my car for 1.98 today.
We got Bin Laden.
Unemployment is less than 8%.
GDP is up for the 50th month in a row.

Pretty rough patch. I'm sure we'll get through it.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have faith that the majority of Americans are ignorant enough to vote for another Bush.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I hope this 2016 election run proves to the stupid masses that this country is corrupt, unsaveable and irredeemable. THEY HATE AND LOOK DOWN ON YOU! Jesus, don't vote for either of the jagbags anymore. its impossible to have a consensus if 1/4 of the eligible voting public shows up.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

We got Bin Laden.

Unemployment less than 6% right now:
www.reuters.com...

But that's the gosh darn liberal media, I'm sure the real unemployment rate will be listed on fox news or Breitbart or etc etc.

As for Jeb, I don't see how this makes a difference to his future presidential campaign. He thinks because he resigns from his board position conveniently leading up to the election season this will be ignored? I mean how long ago was Ron Paul's newsletters before they pinged him for it? What about Obama's controversial pastor? This isn't the 90's anymore, we have internet, ample information out there to scrutinize the candidates. Jeb can't hide his ties, not in this age.

Jeb does seem like the saner of the Bushes. However regardless of this he has that family tie. If he gets in the bush dynasty will be influencing his decisions one way or another and I'm sure we're well aware at this point what 12 years of the Bush dynasty has already given us.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I don't think McCain was planning to win against Obama in 2008. He wasn't taking the Presidential race seriously.

I also got the impression that McCain and Obama might have been in on the election together. In any case, it may have been in McCain's best interest not to be elected in 2008 because the winner inherited a big mess.

This election was right during the bail-outs and start of the financial crisis.
edit on 03amSat, 03 Jan 2015 05:42:14 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: DrJunk

We got Bin Laden.

Unemployment less than 6% right now:
www.reuters.com...

But that's the gosh darn liberal media, I'm sure the real unemployment rate will be listed on fox news or Breitbart or etc etc.

As for Jeb, I don't see how this makes a difference to his future presidential campaign. He thinks because he resigns from his board position conveniently leading up to the election season this will be ignored? I mean how long ago was Ron Paul's newsletters before they pinged him for it? What about Obama's controversial pastor? This isn't the 90's anymore, we have internet, ample information out there to scrutinize the candidates. Jeb can't hide his ties, not in this age.

Jeb does seem like the saner of the Bushes. However regardless of this he has that family tie. If he gets in the bush dynasty will be influencing his decisions one way or another and I'm sure we're well aware at this point what 12 years of the Bush dynasty has already given us.

He is not hiding his ties, it is a legal move in order to accept campaign finance that everyone has to do that runs.
Doing this signals his seriousness as a candidate at this early stage.
He's is in it for the long haul and funds can start flowing in to usher him into the White House, great news for a staggered country reeling from Obama's tenure as Golfer in Chief.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If good ol' Jeb will become potus I will have lost every little hope which is left for he citizens of the US being a concerned people.

Really... if that happens the people of the US will deserve everything that will follow upon them next.

The people in the USA should also be aware that what happens in the white house will also direct or indirect affect the rest op the world. So... the citizens of the USA have the responsibillity to choose wisely....or make is able so they can choose wisely.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Jeb is being brought in to start the attack on North Korea.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I am with Carlin on this one. . . I aint voting!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He is not hiding his ties, it is a legal move in order to accept campaign finance that everyone has to do

That would make more sense because this idea of him resigning from anything to cleanse himself of his ties never made any sense although this was the reasoning I was getting.

He's is in it for the long haul and funds can start flowing in to usher him into the White House, great news for a staggered country reeling from Obama's tenure as Golfer in Chief.

Firstly, Jeb Bush getting into the whitehouse is 'great news' for this country? This is rich coming from you Tinfoil considering your avatar is a picture of Obama and Bush morphed together with the word Sheeple written on it. Really now? You honestly believe this Bush will be any different from George? Sounds alittle hypocritical coming from you.

Secondly, the country reeling from what? As stated below, unemployment below 6%, the economy is at all time highs since before the financial market crash, we got Osama Bin Laden (believe it or not). What's the country reeling from again? And please resist the urge of going to rightwing propaganda, if you have solid impartial sources to argue our country is reeling from anything, please do share.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He is not hiding his ties, it is a legal move in order to accept campaign finance that everyone has to do

That would make more sense because this idea of him resigning from anything to cleanse himself of his ties never made any sense although this was the reasoning I was getting.

Firstly, Jeb Bush getting into the whitehouse is 'great news' for this country? This is rich coming from you Tinfoil considering your avatar is a picture of Obama and Bush morphed together with the word Sheeple written on it. Really now? You honestly believe this Bush will be any different from George? Sounds alittle hypocritical coming from you.

Secondly, the country reeling from what? As stated below, unemployment below 6%, the economy is at all time highs since before the financial market crash, we got Osama Bin Laden (believe it or not). What's the country reeling from again? And please resist the urge of going to rightwing propaganda, if you have solid impartial sources to argue our country is reeling from anything, please do share.

I can satisfy your reeling urges with just one word.....

Obamacare.

That word alone will usher Jeb into the White House.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Obamacare.

That word alone will usher Jeb into the White House.

Because that really helped Romney in 2012 right? Hey what do I know? We'll have to wait until 2016.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

this is America not a #ing country that has royal families.

Have you been living in a cave? What do you think happens when you let a few percent of people have all the money and all the power? We are an aristocracy now, it's just not officially declared yet, but the Republicans will take care of that pretty soon I'm sure.

A true aristocracy looks after its people so if anything it's a very warped one at that.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Well that makes it officially, non official really.

It looks like it will be Jeb Bush in the primaries vs the Tea Party candidates.

(CNN) -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who announced in December he would "actively explore" a presidential bid in 2016, has resigned from all of his corporate and nonprofit board memberships, an aide confirmed to CNN.

The move was first reported by the Washington Post.

"He will be reviewing his remaining business engagements in the coming year," an aide to the former governor said Wednesday evening.
Jeb Bush leads 2016 GOP candidate poll.

Bush spokeswoman Kristy Campbell characterized the resignations as a "natural next step" for Bush as he "turns his focus to gauging whether there is support for a potential candidacy."

Hillary might get a run for her money.

~Tenth

Another Bush in office?

GOD..... help.... us all.. I'm moving to Guatemala lol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join