It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush resigns from board positions ahead of possible presidential run

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Here's the question I want an answer to.

If all of us stop looking...will it go away?

Maybe, instead of watching the calamitous train wreck of the 2016 election and posting pieces about it, we simply drop the topic of the election altogether, it will at least "feel" as if nothing happened. But better yet...if everyone in the country tuned the election out...maybe it won't happen!

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This might just be the best thing that could ever happen to a third party.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Evan Bayh

This'll give you a place to start. I'm no expert on him, either. The few things that I do know, I like.

He said one too many crazy things during the last primaries. But maybe he was just trying to keep up.

That's probably more true than we know. Instead of just being himself, he said some stupid things.

That's going to be as problem for any darkhorse candidate, such as Carson, Bayh, or any of the others... No coverage by the press. Other than someone like Rolling Stone or other. They, however, are not CNN/FOX, are the alphabet networks. ...and that is something we need to, somehow, alter.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I bet you if you peeled the curtain off of Citizens United and SUPER PAC's you'd see that CNN,MSNBC and FOX owners are only covering the ones they've sent money to.

I'll have a look at that link and see.

As for John, it reminds me of Rick Perry. During the election he has said awfully crazy thing, but it turns out he was on hardcore pain meds most of the time due to a back injury, so that made a little more sense.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I hate to say I told you so but "I told you so".....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like Gov. Bill Richardson, he did a lot for "the land of enchantment" and my industry, but his closet is completely full of skeletons.

I'm all for a 3rd party as well....the "sex, drugs and rock and roll" party.
edit on 1-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

bet you if you peeled the curtain off of Citizens United and SUPER PAC's you'd see that CNN,MSNBC and FOX owners are only covering the ones they've sent money to.

No bet. I know a sucker bet when I see one...

I bet when you finish peeling, you'll find that many of them contribute to all the campaigns. Access, you know.

Not just the media moguls, either. Most, if not all, the major corporations do the same damned thing. They've no dog in the fight, no conscience, just agenda...and that's covering all their bases to protect their profits.

Not wrong, exactly... Just not right, either. If that makes any sense...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have no problem having money in politics, as long as there's a way for me to verify whose providing the money to whom and in what amounts.

I swear if they just ran a 15 min segment every day entitled " This is who paid for what, in today's election news", we'd see a lot more active voting blocks and a lot more interesting questions put to the candidates during debates and news conferences.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Jeb
Bachmann
Palin
Gingritch
(insert other previous primary candidate)

Well,,,,, when you put it that way,,,,,,

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: mamabeth

Dear God in heaven please save us from another Bush or Clinton in the Whitehouse!

If you think about it.

Would you rather have:

Jeb
Bachmann
Palin
Gingritch
(insert other previous primary candidate)

The GOP actually have a relatively good candidate with Jeb, family issues aside.

I haven't heard him say any incredibly stupid stuff yet. So he's got that going for him.

~Tenth

The country is tired of the continual downward slide provided by Obama and his anti American handlers, especially the soft touch on terror and the consequences that are so plain to see. Jeb is going to look ten times the savior Obama's image was when he first ran.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Please God...NO!

No Bush, No Hillary!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

especially the soft touch on terror and the consequences that are so plain to see.

Obama has been the most active "War" President since George Bush Sr.

Just the drone program alone. He (supposedly) killed OBL.

Come on now, he's not soft on terror. Maybe soft on Imperialist Occupation of nation states, but that's about it.

I don't like Obama any more than you do, but facts are facts.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It will be Jeb vs Hill. Done deal!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Jeb Bush sounds like a sane candidate compared to the other people the GOP has been hanging around with lately.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Can guarantee 100% this fool will get in.
its a vile world we live in. god help us all.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Jeb Bush sounds like a sane candidate compared to the other people the GOP has been hanging around with lately.

And this is why I firmly believe the GOP threw the last 2 elections to Obama.

They didn't have ANYBODY to run against him who made sense, so they made a Circus Act instead to at least entertain the base.

Now they have a real, non crazy, traditional type A, GOP Candidate.

And they are going to run him harder than any other candidate since probably Regan lol

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

especially the soft touch on terror and the consequences that are so plain to see.

Obama has been the most active "War" President since George Bush Sr.

Just the drone program alone. He (supposedly) killed OBL.

Come on now, he's not soft on terror. Maybe soft on Imperialist Occupation of nation states, but that's about it.

I don't like Obama any more than you do, but facts are facts.

~Tenth

The facts are he let terrorists go from Gitmo and we now have 5 million dollar bounties out to get them back.
He negotiated with terrorists to get a know deserter back for releasing more terror commanders.
He left whole regions irresponsibly after so many sacrificed so much, like Iraq and now Afghanistan which immediately fall into terror bases.

The terror world has more territory and wealth than ever under his watch, we are generally understood to be in a far worse position now than before 9-11 directly caused by his policies.

The list could go on forever, the decimation of the military while he gives his cappuccino salutes would fill a large portion of that list.

Jeb will get a huge following after this last traitor in chief.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

To be honest with you I liked Jon Huntsman hell I even liked Herman Cain I would vote for either of them over Bush or Clinton again.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

To be honest with you I liked Jon Huntsman hell I even liked Herman Cain I would vote for either of them over Bush or Clinton again.

Look at it this way, this is the last Bush and while he is there for eight years Hillary will fade away so no more Bush's or Clinton's in the future.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If the Republicans were smart - which they aren't - they'd run with Jon Huntsman and Ben Carson.

If the Republicans were it run with the two they would be handing the election to the Democrats. Huntsman couldn't get the nomination if he tried and Carson is a nutcase that the PC crowd would rip to shreds. Even though I don't like him the only person the Republicans have that could possibly win it is Rand Paul.

If the Democrats were smart - which they aren't - they'd run with Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh.

Richardson I like but I don't think he has the personality to be President VP definitely. As far as Even Bayh goes I come from his state and there is something about him I just don't trust for one his connections with the oil industry which means he would more than likely let big oil do whatever they wanted. I think Alan Grayson would be a good choice for President for the left mainly because he seems to one of the few politicians that actually seems to have any brains.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The facts are he let terrorists go from Gitmo and we now have 5 million dollar bounties out to get them back.

Most of them were held illegally, without charges. Moot Point.

He negotiated with terrorists to get a know deserter back for releasing more terror commanders.

I'd like a source for that, sounds like hyperbole.

He left whole regions irresponsibly after so many sacrificed so much, like Iraq and now Afghanistan which immediately fall into terror bases.

Nopes, no no, George Jr. did that when he disbanded the Iraqi army. He created 2 million terrorists with the swing of a pen.

We created the power vaccum in those nations, that could ONLY be filled with extremists, as it always has, dating back to Gulf War.

The terror world has more territory and wealth than ever under his watch, we are generally understood to be in a far worse position now than before 9-11 directly caused by his policies.

Who in the intelligence community thinks this?

The list could go on forever, the decimation of the military while he gives his cappuccino salutes would fill a large portion of that list

FFS, yeah, cause any of that actually has any bearing on how the man runs the country, his policies or anything at all.

And to be honest, yes, military spending has decreased under Obama, but efficiency is up..

I see somebody who tried to clean up the international mess left by his predecessors. He did a piss poor job mind you, don't get me wrong, but he didn't perform as badly as all conservatives would like to think.

Then again, liberals are REALLY bad at running on their accomplishments.

~Tenth
edit on 1/1/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join