It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush resigns from board positions ahead of possible presidential run

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well that makes it officially, non official really.

It looks like it will be Jeb Bush in the primaries vs the Tea Party candidates.

(CNN) -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who announced in December he would "actively explore" a presidential bid in 2016, has resigned from all of his corporate and nonprofit board memberships, an aide confirmed to CNN.

The move was first reported by the Washington Post.

"He will be reviewing his remaining business engagements in the coming year," an aide to the former governor said Wednesday evening.
Jeb Bush leads 2016 GOP candidate poll.

Bush spokeswoman Kristy Campbell characterized the resignations as a "natural next step" for Bush as he "turns his focus to gauging whether there is support for a potential candidacy."

Hillary might get a run for her money.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Dear God in heaven please save us from another Bush or Clinton in the Whitehouse!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No more Clintons or Bushes please, this is America not a #ing country that has royal families.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Dear God in heaven please save us from another Bush or Clinton in the Whitehouse!

If you think about it.

Would you rather have:

Jeb
Bachmann
Palin
Gingritch
(insert other previous primary candidate)

The GOP actually have a relatively good candidate with Jeb, family issues aside.

I haven't heard him say any incredibly stupid stuff yet. So he's got that going for him.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A lot of ATS members would be better choices to run then what we
have.

edit on 1-1-2015 by mamabeth because: changed post

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Hillary might get a run for her money.

~Tenth

Hilary would win with a mandate if put up against a Bush, unless Sanders runs... in what would only be the most delicious of ironies.

Could you imagine a spoiler candidate stealing an election from a Clinton and handing it to a Bush after a spoiler stole an election for a Bush and handed it to a Clinton?

Delightful.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Now that sounds like a riveting election.

I'd support Bernie, he leans a little too left for me, but better than the others.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Now that sounds like a riveting election.

I'd support Bernie, he leans a little too left for me, but better than the others.

~Tenth

I'd probably vote for Bernie as well, but it wouldn't be a vote stolen from either of the other two.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

A mandate? You really think so?

Personally, I've no use for her. None. Anymore than I have any use for the Bush family.

I can't possibly be alone in that, either.

If those are two of my choices? I'll go with a third every single time, and there will be viable third choices out there, if people actually pay attention for a change.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I haven't heard him say any incredibly stupid stuff yet. So he's got that going for him.

Yes, he's "relative-ly" unknown.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

this is America not a #ing country that has royal families.

Have you been living in a cave? What do you think happens when you let a few percent of people have all the money and all the power? We are an aristocracy now, it's just not officially declared yet, but the Republicans will take care of that pretty soon I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

A mandate? You really think so?

Yes, I truly do believe so.

Jeb Bush is unelectable for a multitude of reasons, some deeply rooted, like his pedigree, some are, sadly, very shallow. Bush won't be able to win against the first major female candidate to run for the position. She is a hawkish democrat whose husband was an internationally liked president, and she has over 20 years of experience at the upper levels of the federal government. Couple this with an almost guaranteed voter block of women, and she will easily beat Bush by 10 points.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

All that is true enough, where Bush is concerned. I don't disagree with you.

Clinton? She's as many skeletons in her closet as any politician today.

I think this coming election cycle could, if all goes well, see a third party candidate make a serious run at the Oval Office. Provided, of course, he/she is actually a good choice...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

A lot of women I talk to don't like Hillary. They feel like they can't relate to a woman who spent 30 years in office, having other people raise her kids while she was gallivanting around the world.

They'd prefer to have Warren run, but she won't. A lot of women like to say they have liberal values, but end up voting conservative for some reason.

It'll be an interesting primary season that's for damn sure.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Clinton? She's as many skeletons in her closet as any politician today.

The Clintons are like Teflon. Highly toxic, but nothing seems to stick to them.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Jeb will run. Christy was 'the man' but he has fallen from grace. It's Jeb now. Jeb a POTUS and a myriad of VPOTUS possibilities. My guess would be Jeb and John Kasich, Governor of Ohio. Jeb will bring in Florida and the Hispanic vote. Christie has too big an ego to be #2 on the ticket. Kasich can bring in Ohio.

Hillary will run. Some people are pushing that Elizabeth Warren woman, but she's nothing but a shadow compared to Hillary. Then again, Obama was nothing compared to Hillary and somehow he managed to get elected instead of her. Weird.

If the Republicans were smart - which they aren't - they'd run with Jon Huntsman and Ben Carson.

If the Democrats were smart - which they aren't - they'd run with Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh.

If America was smart - which we aren't - we'd go with a third party ticket and dump the (D) and the (R) for a while.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Then again, Obama was nothing compared to Hillary and somehow he managed to get elected instead of her. Weird.

If you watch her performance in the primaries, Hillary was sure she had the nomination in the bag and got VERY lazy the first 3 months of her tour.

Had she started the race with the same gumption that she ended, it probably would have been a tighter race.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If the Republicans were smart - which they aren't - they'd run with Jon Huntsman and Ben Carson.

If the Democrats were smart - which they aren't - they'd run with Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh.

If America was smart - which we aren't - we'd go with a third party ticket and dump the (D) and the (R) for a while.

Absolutely!! Both of those groupings are great ones. Which, of course, means that none of them have a chance in Hell.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm not familiar with Evan Bayh, I like those other choices, except for Huntsman.

He said one too many crazy things during the last primaries. But maybe he was just trying to keep up.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What we need is a solid Independent Candidate to stir this cesspool. No Bush or Clinton.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join