It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma to ban hoodies in public?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

Does that include the Burka ?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I lived in Oklahoma for a time and I can tell you that it gets damn cold sometimes. How are people supposed to keep their ears warm?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
ok. is the state that is basicaly completly a native american reservation and has state laws against mj that are extremely strict yet the feds just made it legal to have and grow mj on reservations. They do not mind if laws are contridictory at all so a hoodie ban will be seen as ok fitting right in. Come on people nothing good ever comes from the hood as far as they are concerned. Let's be honest though this is likely killing two birds with one stone. They also have many muslims there that operate in the country side and are seen as the next grave danger and they are seen as being terriost training camps

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A town here in new Zealand tried to ban the wearing of hoodies in the town center. There was even a massive "no Hoodie day " advertising event that was meant to start it off and get the public behind it.
Well the day came and everyone had a hoodie on. I even saw a bunch of older woman wearing them over their work clothes. The idea got canned pretty quick.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I often get the feeling the people making the laws are
afraid of us. And consequently are making laws to assure
themselves, we can't get to them and do the right thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

yea your post reminded me of how our military are not allowed to carry firearms on bases.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884
It would seem that some states are paving the way for legislation restricting the wearing of "hoodies" in public.

......The measure includes exceptions for holidays and special events like Halloween and religious beliefs.......

Just claim your hoodie is part of your religious belief.
edit on 1-1-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

What is with Oklahoma, the conservative stronghold of America? From wanting to tax solar power to wanting suing Colorado for it's decriminalization of marijuana to this... wanting to ban hoodies in public?

Why do the freedom loving residents of Oklahoma continue to vote these politicians in? What happen to liberty? The tea parties? I thought we should only fear the federal government for stripping our freedoms away?

You have no idea. I moved back here a few years ago and would have no problem leaving tomorrow. I believe there are more extreme right wing dinosaurs in Ok. than anywhere else in the nation. They're so close minded and set in their ways it's sad. There's a lot of good people here but a large majority............God forbid if you don't think the same way they do.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Geeze, I'm a 68 year old gramma who wears hoodies all the time.

This is not reasonable.

edit on 2-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The jittery police state is all over the place !!

State Codes Related To Wearing Masks

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Someone please stop her, she hates freedom!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

Someone please stop her, she hates freedom!

😄

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Working as I do in a grocery store, more than once I've asked people to pull the hoodie off their head. Every single one of them has done so.

Pfft. If you asked me to do that I would tell you to go screw yourself. Unless you're a sweet old lady or incredibly polite, I would ask that you get a manager to formally trespass me, and when you did, it would be the the reason I won a lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Republicans and Dems are pushing us all deeper and deeper down with anti-privacy legislation. I have no problem at all putting my hood down in some stores. No problem taking off a hat in the filling station. It's courtesy and puts people at ease.

Putting it into law is a whole other matter. It ain't just the craziness of legislating what we should and should not wear. Cos that's what it is right? A law on clothing. Goddamn! It's worse than just that. It's another inch taken away from the citizen's right to be a private citizen.

Officer: Hey you! Put that hood down
Citizen: Officer sir, I prefer my hood up as it's cold today
Officer: Hands in the air. don't move (proceeds to search 'suspect')

Now that's a dumb scenario. Exaggeration and scare-mongering on my part? Yes. BUT under law its another intrusive way for PUBLIC SERVANTS to get in the face of private citizens.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark I do live in Oklahoma. Guess what I will wear my Carhart jacket that has a hoodie attached to it. I will wear it as I have for the last 10 years. I even wear insulated gloves, and a scarf. OMG I am staying warm!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hoodies are my absolute favorite types of tops and sweatshirts, jackets. For warmth and also like them. We don't have gangs, yet always dress my kids in hoodies when its not tshirts, whenever I have a chance.

And here is the absolute thing we all need to get. All of these laws that violate constitution and basic common law, don't exist. They're null and void at conception. The courts have debated for years whether people null and void them or whether courts null and void them, but under international law that executed Nazi's for following bad orders and bad legislations, the international law is that People, null and void unjust and unlawful things by their conscience.

Now its a slippery slope. When mafia kings erect unlawful legislation that does not exist, if people obey it and don't rally at the police station or political offices in huge crowds when police break the real law by arresting people for disobeying something that doesn't exist and is actually a crime to enforce, then you're stuck with illegal laws.

So the rule of life oneearth is this: every single thing that the gangsters try to entrench into law, affecting your children and grandchildren MUST BE CHALLENGED AND DISOBEYED BY THE PEOPLE. I figured this one out early and to my absolute horror found everyone was committing crimes against humanity and almost as evil as the leaders by obeying things and refusing to right the wrongs. But that will never stop me from speaking up, because I am not sharing the co-guilt of your systems. I would never allow this. If there was a world with me, we would have all confronted them and not left until everything was a eutopia. No matter how many armies they tried to call in. Will not live a slave. We would all have beamships in our back yard, everyone homes and gardens, no slaves, no money, councils of citizens and no corrupt leaders.

Guess people haven't done their jobs or a host of of null and void things wouldn't be on the books.

So, here is the thing. If someone tries to dictate what you wear, you don't obey them. Everyone wears the hoodie then.

They lose, you win. Thats the formula.

You don't obey corruption or you are abusing your children.

Now, here is the other thing, the bad people who are wearing hoodies can't take hoodies away from the good people. That is like saying, some people beat people with banana's ,so now no one is allowed to eat bananas.

Each person is responsible for themselves in every situation in how the resources of the planet in their world is used by them, and in no way shape or form does this limit anyone else at any time. Ever.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I read a caption that was very true:

Slaves ask if something is legal.

Those who are free ask themselves if something is right.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
this is absolutely ridiculous. IMO nothing is more comfy than a big oversize hoodie. I love hoodies, i usually wont wear a winter jacket and just use hoodies. My previous job banned hoodies and I was very mad. Now they are going to tell us what we can and cant wear???? If they try to ban it in my state i will seriously protest.

what's next hats??? sunglasses??? I wear them all the time too!
edit on 2-1-2015 by miss_sky because: .

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

This is idiotic.

Follow this logic.

Robbing a store is already illegal, right?

Then a robber wearing a hoodie comes in to rob the store. He holds up the store a gun point. He gets off with the loot.

Now what? When they finally catch him are they going to charge him with robbery AND a second count of wearing a hoodie?

That's the "point" of this law. If you go in and Rob a store with 5 dollar disposable Wal-Mart hoodie and rag on your face, it makes it harder to find you which is difficult already. In a way, society has no recourse.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Though I've never even bee in OK, isn't it safe to say there's a decent amount of snow down there?? If so, it makes it even stupider to ban hoodies. When it's freezing outside, and I have to take the dogs out, I'll wear a beanie and put my hood up. It's already been below 0 here in CO.

So now every person wanting to keep warm will be breaking the law, that's just great. How will that effect the homeless down there?? Oh wait, chances are they don't care about the homeless.

So much for "land of the free". :\

They are being extremely technical about it. The law says it would ban them FOR THE PURPOSE OF HIDING IDENTITY not ban them because it's cold. I highly doubt cops are gonna be snatching up anybody and everybody who's wearing a hood. But if it's say a nice spring afternoon and someone is chilling outside 7 Eleven for twenty minutes with their hood up and face down, there is a chance they are up to no good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join