It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma to ban hoodies in public?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ban Assault Clothing!

Ugh, ridiculous. This will go over about as well as a fart in an elevator.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Private property.

Not to mention it's posted as you come in the door, in three languages. English. Spanish. ...and French, for some odd reason.

Law suit wouldn't be an option. Or so I'm told.

...and I'm always polite. I don't like the rule, so I'm always polite.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I don't blame you. I have a friend there and he said it hardly snowed at all. My first year there (20000), there was a huge snow storm. Snow up past my knees. It was so cold lol. Stay warm.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Skid Mark because: edit

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Not really a lot of snow. Just lots and lots of wind. Cold wind.

This law is stupid. I love wearing hoodies in the cold.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So people think it's fine for business to destroy the planet, poison all of us, cut our benefits, buy off congress, fund elections and anything else they want but asking people not to wear hoodies is over the bline? WTF?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

Looks like Halloween will be soon illegal.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The cops will just smile and say i am just doing my job. My hands are tied. At some point i think they should have some personal morals and say i refuse to uphold certain laws. There seems like there has to be some point where they reject what they are being told to do for money in the name of justice and peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So caps are going to be illegal?
But only if they are attached to your sweater?
Surely this can't pass.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Ban Assault Clothing!

Ugh, ridiculous. This will go over about as well as a fart in an elevator.

Ban assault farting. Hoodies don't tend to smell as bad.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Halloween: "Thousands of small children arrested and charged with wearing a mask in public!"

Silly silly 'fashion police', and we thought that was a humorous phrase that was not real

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If its anything like Florida's law, then it will be only in specific circumstances, such as someone committing a crime, or when used in an act of intimidation.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
God bless the GOP and their values of
less government intrusions in your personal lives.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
These laws have been on the books in FL since the 1950's:
www.flsenate.gov...

You'll see the batch of them in the center, and can click them to read the actual laws.
Here in the south, these laws generally had to do with wearing hoods of the white, pointy, variety.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Bill Belichick would be in trouble if he went there.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

This is idiotic.

Follow this logic.

Robbing a store is already illegal, right?

Then a robber wearing a hoodie comes in to rob the store. He holds up the store a gun point. He gets off with the loot.

Now what? When they finally catch him are they going to charge him with robbery AND a second count of wearing a hoodie?

So is going around shooting people but that doesn't stop them from violating our 4th amendment rights, and banning guns.
edit on 5-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, I guess that's the end of Batman and Robin, Zorro and the Lone Ranger..all fighters for justice.
What about someone who has a disfigurement, and wishes to conceal their face?

That line, " The bill would broaden existing law that already prohibits concealing one’s identity when committing a crime."...Hilarious!
For goodness sake, young people's eyeballs must pop out when they hear this stuff coming out of the lawmakers these days. There are all sorts of 'crimes' committed by governments using people with masks and concealed identities including untried execution so much so, it's hard to know what is or isn't a crime anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

This is idiotic.

Follow this logic.

Robbing a store is already illegal, right?

Then a robber wearing a hoodie comes in to rob the store. He holds up the store a gun point. He gets off with the loot.

Now what? When they finally catch him are they going to charge him with robbery AND a second count of wearing a hoodie?

Yes.

If you act like a thug you should be treated the way a thug is treated.

"live by the sword / die by the sword"

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I understand the concern. However, that is complete bull crap! I don't need anyone, especially the government to micro-manage the way I dress. They were made for warmth. They could pass a law that if you use a hoodie while committing a felony, then it would be an aggravating factor in the sentencing if found guilty. Like in Florida, we have the 10-20-Life law which is about guns. If you have one in a robbery or violent felony it is automatic 10 years, if you pull it out, it is 20 years, and if you fire iit, it is life. Well a hoodie used in a felony would have some severe add-on to the sentence. It would have to be severe enough to nmake criminals not want to wear one. Something like 5 or 10 years. I bet you wouldn't have the problem.

The real issue is the 'Surveillance Police State'. It is causing them to not be able to ID you by camera and makes cameras useless. That, in my opinion, is the real issue. No one should have to be identifiable to the public if they choose not to be. I mean large shades, a ball cap, and assorted jewelry would have the same effect as a hoodie. Not to mention fake beards and mustaches. So, this will affect the black population more that others as that is more widely used in my opinion. Hell, I would because if I was on the street, I don't want to be shot because I looked like someone the shooter was looking for.

This is government crying about their expensive camera investment is useless with hoodies and "disguises' are next. No hats, no turtle necks, not fake mustaches, etc. I am sick of the government and their BS in areas they should have no business in meddeling with. LEAVE US ALONE.

And before anyone flames me, I don't wear hoodies, nor disguises. I just don't do wrong on camera. Ever hear of reconnaissance?

Welcome to the Computer Enhanced Polce State with Computer Enhanced ID and Photo Matching Software.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884
It would seem that some states are paving the way for legislation restricting the wearing of "hoodies" in public.

Republican state senator Don Barrington has authored a bill to ban wearing a mask, hood or other face-covering in order to hide one’s identity in a public space, Oklahoma’s Channel 6 reports. The measure includes exceptions for holidays and special events like Halloween and religious beliefs.

Similar laws are already on the books in 10 states around the country, including Florida, California, New York and Washington, DC.

time.com...

Seriously? I can somewhat understand the masks but hoods? How much crazier can things get? I practically live in my hoodie. What's next, banning sweat pants or tie up shoes? I really hope these laws don't pass, it would be a huge defeat for freedom.

Until they get after the muslim crowd, i'm going to wear anything i want on my head when i go into any establishment. IT IS MY RELIGIOUS RIGHT TO. END OF #N STORY.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I fully support this, hoodies blatantly inspire racism in people.

The libertarians are going to have a field day about this.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join