It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling oil prices and what`s behind it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Jawboning! I'll go with that narrative. It is the logical reason. I knew that before reading the piece but some of the information was enlightening. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Apparently Obama has admitted it`s the case, see my post before this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know. There will always be competition within the oil industry between USA, Russia & Saudi Arabia. I sort of thought myself that the sharp fall in gas prices was due to another issue that means they're all in it for quick money for some sudden reason. Add in the fact of the FEMA food grab and the ignorance of Japan and America over the Fukushima fallout, I think the answer isn't immediately clear but related to a non-oil excuse.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They're giving the public a meager chance at surviving the coming collapse by lowering process so they can stock up before the Looooong Cold Winter of our demise that they've planned for decades.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anyone could be doing this and no one really knows who is doing it. All there is right now is finger pointing.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I noted this post which sort of sums up my take on the crisis responses/conventional wisdom about cheapo oil=cheap PMs...
a reply to: Ancient Champion

It seems clear to me that jumping-on-the-bandwagon.... and going along with the general consensus...
& claiming the general idea that this is designed to hurt the Russians, bankrupt the wildcat frackers in the USA is just scratching the surface...
hell fire--- I am a CT'er.... there is a lot more dark/deep sinister things going on with this cheap-oil suckers play

I just threw a few ideas out there but I ain't married to just those possible bad conspiracies on the world stage...
I just want a few of youse to present some stuff that's out-of-the-box

don't be scared to speculate beyond your 'comfort-zone'....
as I really think that the big 'net' is being drawn smaller and us captive actors are in denial of an approaching Arnageddon/Gog-Magog-civilization stunting series of events

edit on th31141999408530482015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31141999422730502015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Well if the USA wants to attack Russia by shooting itself in the foot over shale gas then i think i know who's going to win that one since Russia could ask China to hep out if needs be.

OPEC like "we the people" has no rights and will simply do as the bankers in Washington tells them to do and would not dare fart in the wrong tone when it comes to Zionists who control the states.

Bp, Shell,Exxon are all drilling for oil inside Russia as we speak so they must be feeling the pain too and shows that this war might not be quite so hot as people are being told.

Maybe the truth is even worse than trying to provoke Russia/China into a nuclear war, maybe the demand has crashed in the west which will blow up the bonds and CDS markets and this bad news needs to be blamed on someone else besides the money counters.

NONE OF US REALY KNOW WHATS GOING ON !

This in itself is quite disturbing and only goes to show that these money changers can play the market as they see fit without a question being asked and if they can crash oil by 50% then taking gold down by 90% would be easy but thats not to say that you will ever get 1oz of physical gold for anything less than $500[/quote

The Wizzard of OZ. My pretty, you think clicking your heals together will help U. You and toe toe are already home. ah, ha,ha,ha,ha. Follow the yellow brick road, Follow the yellow brick road. MY Pretty have you looked into the mirror lately. YOUR A LEMING. Now go and follow the others over to the cliff. Follow the yellow brick road, Follow the yellow brick road.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ON The whole Big Oil thing. At least they are all taking out the pollutants from earth. Burning them is Bad, but it will turn the stuff into CO2 Pollutants which will go into the air then settle on the ground for the plants to take in and change to oxygen. Hopefully the pollutants will not be to much and plunge the earth into another Ice Age. Mother earth's way of cleansing the planet of the fleas on her back by an ICE AGE. That way it will melt again to have to plants to grow again and mother nature goes back to normal. All the holes in the earth from all this fracking,shale,oil sucking,coal mines,gas deposits and all other mining deposites will leave all kinds of holes underground that will eventually SINK along with the occupants above ground to fall into the dark abysssssssssssssssss.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
ON The whole Big Oil thing. At least they are all taking out the pollutants from earth. Burning them is Bad, but it will turn the stuff into CO2 Pollutants which will go into the air then settle on the ground for the plants to take in and change to oxygen. Hopefully the pollutants will not be to much and plunge the earth into another Ice Age. Mother earth's way of cleansing the planet of the fleas on her back by an ICE AGE. That way it will melt again to have to plants to grow again and mother nature goes back to normal. All the holes in the earth from all this fracking,shale,oil sucking,coal mines,gas deposits and all other mining deposites will leave all kinds of holes underground that will eventually SINK along with the occupants above ground to fall into the dark abysssssssssssssssss.

so you are dismissing the idea that there are corrupt, Vulture Capitalists who are orchestrating this oil price collapse & that reasoned thinkers are directing the demise of all oil/ polluting oil,,, ventures in the world...

well OK with that

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

All the people who use these materials as consumers are to blame also. You use these products to do many things like heat your home,gas in car to go to work, plastics to put things in like foods and such, oils to grease your gears and all other machines to function on. You know all, and i mean ALL SOCIETIES would TOTALLY have a different lifestyle without these products. When we phase out of this stuff is the SCAREY part. I mean really, think about how much these things impact our daily lives. NO GAS, NO FOOD to be transported to your local grocery stores. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. Utter Mayhan, thats what will happen, A WORLD OF CHAOS. Really. We need to phase out of these things so that the impact would not be so devastating. Other means of power, other than nuclear,gas and coal. We need to use the energies that do not pollute our environment. One day this stuff will all be used up, THEN WHAT? When this all runs out you will see the END OF THE BANKER and the beginning of barter and trade like back in old. I # you not. When the end of these kinds of materials goes away so will the LEACHES OF THE LAND, they will be swallowed up by the hoard and the hoard will collapse in on itself. We need to seriously think about this. You may laugh, but your children may find themselves running around scavaging for food. Neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, brother against brother for any kind of morsel of food. REALLY. Without oil and gas you have no heat and no gas to run any kind of vehicles to move products. BAD , VERY BAD. The whole WORLD is addicted to these things and soon will no longer be. Over 9 billion people and counting. We will consume these things in a very,very,very short amount of time. AFTER that, ALL MAYHAN.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Are slumping oil prices are doing what an american failed foreign policy couldn't? I heard that question the other day and it made me think...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

bumping my own reply, because the info-wars site wrote a piece that follows mine more-or-less and I thought it would show that there are a few here on ATS which feel/know that there is more to the cheap-oil gambit than the obvious chatter

link: www.infowars.com...

here's a thought.... the elites are already secure & well off enough to weather a generation of mob chaos & a zombie population.... so instead of gradually 'inflating' the economies they have decided that to achieve a long-lived family succession of elites living like gods.... that deflating the economies is the tactic to take

i.e. their Billions which would erode away in an inflationary economic paradigm will both increase today and tomorrow(s) in a deflationary economic paradigm.... cheap-oil gambit is a way to slow all economies, bring industry to a halt, and those with resources/assets will continue to get even wealthier as a days wage goes from $10. hr to $1 a day among the zombified peasant class of useless eaters

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
or else... here is another line of thought by a good economy analytics man:

usawatchdog.com...

... . . . What this breakdown in the crude oil price is going to spawn another financial crisis.
It will be tied to the junk debt that has been issued to finance the shale oil plays in North America.
It is reported to be in the area of half a trillion dollars worth of junk debt that is held largely on the books of large financial institutions in the western world.
When these bonds start to fail, they will jeopardize the future of these financial institutions.
I do believe that will be the signal for the Fed to come riding to the rescue with QE4.
I also think QE4 is likely going to be accompanied by bank bail-ins because we all know all western world countries have adopted bail-in legislation in their most recent budgets.

The financial elites are engineering the excuse for their next round of money printing . . . and they will be confiscating money out of savings accounts and pension accounts.
That’s what I think is coming in the very near future.”

see... It's not about crippling the Russians...it's about crashing the individual's $$$
& to bail-in the twic-as-busted Banks that have a Trillion in Bonds for Shale oil and the Trillions of "protecting" derivatives intended to profit from the junk Shale-Oil Bonds/Loans/payment extensions that is funding this false GDP growth economy

video just released 30 min plus: www.youtube.com...=112
edit on th31142040478204532015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
oil is getting to a Low...below 49$...
the false GDP growth of last Quarter being revised upwards to ~5% annual is just the false, Shale oil fracking boom...
which is half-again as big a Bubble as was the $1.5 Trillion Housing Bubble of 2007-2008 crisis....(which we have recovered from, ha ha ha)

the 'growth' and 'expansion' is just the $2 Trillion of debt given to the Shale oil fracking start-ups with no glimpse of a Profit to pay back those start-up loans in the next 3 months

there will be hundreds of pioneering Shale Oil wells closing down and thousands of Bankruptcies coming in Quarter 2 of 2015 when most of that Debt is way overdue in payments to the big banks...

the banks will also lose in their derivative bets about oil price/cost and lose Billions in the process of settling those derivatives & futures.... oil price was almost chiseled-in-stone to hover around $95 on the worst day...
and the future prices are going to say around the sub $50 areas till after spring at least

But who knows...

I am still holding onto energy & tobacco stocks, DOW chemical & Intel too... but I go along with the interviewed expert in this link:
www.msn.com...

... he (bill gross) was far from bullish but said he did not foresee a “significant bear market” and called for returns returns of 2-4% in bonds and 5-6% in stocks over the next seven years. Gross will share his 2015 forecasts for interest rates and risk assets at Barron’s Roundtable later this month.

“What to consider in such a strange new world?” asks Gross. “High-quality assets with stable cash flows. Those would include Treasury and high-quality corporate bonds, as well as equities of lightly levered corporations with attractive dividends and diversified revenues both operationally and geographically...

© Provided by Forbes

edit on th31142065713507582015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I wouldn`t worry too much about the U.S. shale oil companies, I`m sure the government is generously compensating them with tax dollars for any loses are experiencing.

I don`t think this is aimed at U.S. shale producers because unless the Saudis intend to keep the prices this low permanently, the shale producers will be back in business when the prices go back up.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You`re probably right about the compensation because the blow up of the junk bonds would be too big otherwise, but the hit on Russia may cost some money.

Economic Terrorism Against Russia Intensifies

We’re not seeing “a currency crisis” in Russia’s economy. Rather, we are witnessing the most-extreme manifestation of economic terrorism yet perpetrated by the One Bank. And it’s continuing to get worse.

Now, while the short-term damage to Russia’s economy is undeniable; we’re seeing indications that over the longer term that this, too, will be another failed exercise in economic terrorism by the One Bank. It begins with how this attack has caused Russia and China to forge even closer political and economic ties. China has essentially offered to back-stop Russia’s economy, and (with its large war-chest of U.S. dollar instruments) even the One Bank dare not launch its economic terrorism at that target.

Source
edit on 7 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
the global economy is slowing down. there is less demand. the price paid for scrap metals just fell through the floor. there just isn't demand

not as sexy and idea, but much more terrifying actually

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

See my 6th post (inc. OP) in this topic.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It's simple.

Sanctions on Russia would never have occurred had they not invaded Ukraine.

Putin has been told how to have the sanctions removed and Putin refuses to comply with it - which is to say Russia needs to withdraw from Ukraine.

Since Putin is all about image instead of intelligence he is solely responsible for the position Russia finds herself in.

People can drop the economic warfare bs also as there is nothing to support it. Even more so since Russia has also placed sanctions on countries.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Actually the USA is no longer the main office of PTB. All of your gold and silver is now being redirected towards Russia and China. If none of you yet know the 2 players are about to release a GBC which is known as (Gold Backed Currency).

On top of that Gas lines are being built all over Europe and Asia and the Saudis are already aware of the future progress, heck they run it with the Rockefeller and funded the operations in Mali.

What I can tell you is that soon the EUR will be 1-8 up to 1-18 against the RUB and USD is going to be confetti due to what is going to play out soon.
edit on 8-1-2015 by OneManMasquerade because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join