It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Um Yeah The Matrix May Be Real!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
So I have been looking up some research a few friends of mine have been showing me, and it brought me to the conclusion that we may be in a kind of matrix like reality. Perhaps its gods matrix, or even some unenlightened individuals, who knows. I dont doubt that to a higher power we may be nothing more than codes of programing running in a program. Interesting to say the least.
I think one of the most interesting things from the original vid was the computer code from the 40s found in the supersymetric particles and math.

edit on 30-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
So umm yeah I was watching this video with Joe Rogan and thought it was relavent to the topic.

Joe Rogan & NASA Physicist: We're Living in the Matrix.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You gotta wonder then... if you believe in such nonsense...

Who coded the matrix?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Who coded the matrix?

Maybe we did in another form?

Maybe Jesus

Maybe some dude who invented the binary code found in supersymetry back in the 40s

Maybe a supercomputer

Maybe god

Maybe various gods

Maybe angles

Maybe demons and devils

Maybe scientists

Maybe military

Maybe a secret government

Maybe the CIA

Maybe the NSA

Maybe the BIG BANG

Maybe we are programming it all the time with our desires.

Maybe some evil Red Skull type persona

Maybe some noble individual like Captain America

Maybe a group of individuals working in unison like the Borg from Star Trek

Maybe its done by the people of Hollow Earth or Agartha

Maybe its done in another universe by other versions of ourselves

Maybe it was programed to program itself

Maybe all of the above

Maybe none of the above

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
but then who matrixses the matrixmen?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I find all this very fascinating. One thing that keeps popping into mind is, how do we know that this "computer language" is just the very basic language of all reality? And that we, humans, have simply stumbled across the same language for use in our computers? Basically, we're building websites the same way that the universe in a natural sense, created itself via the big bang (or other creation event non-computer related).

I'm tired, so I may not be formulating myself correctly.

Let's take dancing for an example. Step, step, sway is a dance, but it's also a move in karate. Same moves, just applied differently. What if this binary code, is simply just the most basic and sure fire way to create something? So basic, that even we humans have been able to adapt it (unknowingly) for our use? We assume we're living in the matrix simply because we draw a simple parallel.

We also honestly have no clue how anything works. We can observe and understand the very basics around us, but we don't know how a black hole works, how dark matter works (if it even exists), how quantum physics work... There are so many other pieces to the puzzle that for the time being, we're just throwing spaghetti on the wall in hopes it'll stick.

After 56 hours, I'm finally going to bed. Goodnight.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Study: German Scientists Believe Reality May Be A Simulation.

A study out of the University of Bonn in Germany suggests that the Universe itself may indeed be a simulation.

The theory states that according to Moore's Law, computing power doubles approximately every 2 years. Eventually computers are going to become so powerful that they will be able to artificially create a virtual Universe that is indistinguishable from our own, and suggests the possibility that this may have already happened.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Study: German Scientists Believe Reality May Be A Simulation.

A study out of the University of Bonn in Germany suggests that the Universe itself may indeed be a simulation.

The theory states that according to Moore's Law, computing power doubles approximately every 2 years. Eventually computers are going to become so powerful that they will be able to artificially create a virtual universe that is indistinguishable from our own, and suggests that this may have already happened.

Good stuff I guessing WW2 could have been the time when the simulation began changing or creating our reality.

So this dude found a specific type of computer code created in the 40s written into the very fabric of reality.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Physicist Silas Beane - The idea that we live in a simulation isn't science fiction.

"There is a famous argument that we probably do live in a simulation. The idea is that in the future, humans will be able to simulate entire universes quite easily. And given the vastness of time ahead, the number of these simulations is likely to be huge. So if you ask the question: 'do we live in the one true reality or in one of the many simulations?', the answer, statistically speaking, is that we're more likely to be living in a simulation."
edit on 30-12-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Physicist Silas Beane - The idea that we live in a simulation isn't science fiction.

"There is a famous argument that we probably do live in a simulation. The idea is that in the future, humans will be able to simulate entire universes quite easily. And given the vastness of time ahead, the number of these simulations is likely to be huge. So if you ask the question: 'do we live in the one true reality or in one of the many simulations?', the answer, statistically speaking, is that we're more likely to be living in a simulation."

Yes Yes Yes!

Perhaps we are in a simulation of sorts the whole BIG BANG may be simulated. Well the question comes to mind why in gods name is simulating the universe we experience so crappy?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
About code showing up in particles... this doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Some patterns are designed, some are emergent. Also, sometimes you have to create something to discover that it was already there.

The universe so far appears to be emergent, but that doesn't mean that someone or something couldn't have tampered with the flow a bit. I personally believe that the universe (including past and future) is dynamically updated with the creation of new information, regardless if new info is created by accident or intention. That alone would cause quite a few "huh" moments for those who notice, such as the changing variables that Philip K. Dick mentioned.

The matrix or simulated universe may exist in infinite layers inside and outside the one we currently perceive. Hell, we might even wake up in a slightly different one every day without noticing. Does a universe exist within us? Is our consciousness the barrier that separates internal and external universes? If so I wonder who the douche is that I'm inside of cuz this place sucks.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The major premise that underwrites Putnam’s argument is what he calls a “causal constraint” on reference:

(CC) A term refers to an object only if there is an appropriate causal connection between that term and the object

Putnam thus stipulates that all sentient beings are brains in a vat, hooked up to one another through a powerful computer that has no programmer: “that’s just how the universe is.” We are then asked, given at least the physical possibility of this scenario, whether we could say or think it. Putnam answers that we could not: the assertion “we are brains in a vat” would be sense self-refuting in the same way that the general statement “all general statements are false” is.

Putnam's argument against the BIV theory.

Have patience with the article. In true philosophical style it can be a bit brain bending but eventually it explains how Putnam's argument is not only based in semantics.

Something to think about.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: circlemaker
About code showing up in particles... this doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Some patterns are designed, some are emergent. Also, sometimes you have to create something to discover that it was already there.

The universe so far appears to be emergent, but that doesn't mean that someone or something couldn't have tampered with the flow a bit. I personally believe that the universe (including past and future) is dynamically updated with the creation of new information, regardless if new info is created by accident or intention. That alone would cause quite a few "huh" moments for those who notice, such as the changing variables that Philip K. Dick mentioned.

The matrix or simulated universe may exist in infinite layers inside and outside the one we currently perceive. Hell, we might even wake up in a slightly different one every day without noticing. Does a universe exist within us? Is our consciousness the barrier that separates internal and external universes? If so I wonder who the douche is that I'm inside of cuz this place sucks.

Does a universe exist within us I would guess yes!

Is our counsiousness the barrier that seperates internal and external universes? Yes again I would guess only counsiousness appears as all things matrix or otherwise.

Now onto the reason the world sucks so bad that is a head scratcher there I think agent smith summed it up pretty clearly, but who knows.

Also notice the horn of helm is different in the above video which is the matrix effect lolz!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

*crickets*

edit on 12/30/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

*crickets*

I would say time gets them in the end but until then they would most likely do whatever they like in the physical universe. However all things fall to ruin wether by accident or not for some reason or no reason. There may be another matrix which they themselves are in and yet unaware of known as the much larger astral universe composed of light. The astral universe may be watched or maintained by the casual universe of universal beings of ideas. The casual universe may be watched by types of universal gods beyond existance itself.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Who coded the matrix?

Maybe the same people that created matter from nothing and time that never started or ends.

DNA is computer code and your brain not only works like a computer but some parts of it today can be read by a computer so it is only logical to conceive that we live in side a computer unless your brain is messed up with religion

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Even in comedy people talk about if they were in the matrix. I loled when I listened to this. Seriously though all jokes aside, the computer code made in the 40s found in the building blocks of matter is a dead give away.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wait a second, your telling me that a fake, digital reality is real?

I thought it was fake.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
What is seen and heard is both real and unreal. It is as real as any dream. Is there anything more real than experience itself?
Are you real or unreal? Can you say that you are not?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Are you telling me the matrix is real, which means it fake?

Or the matrix is fake, and were real?

Also, you shouldn't mention God, he's like an artist and takes his work too seriously, and would be insulting to what heart God has left in He...Heaven.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join