It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Um Yeah The Matrix May Be Real!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Of course it's real. I'm fairly certain I have it on Blu-ray.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Wait a second, your telling me that a fake, digital reality is real?

I thought it was fake.

So here is George Smoot talking about how we are simulations nothing as good as the guy who found the frikkin computer code from the 40s woven into our reality, but definatly worth a listen.

You are a Simulation & Physics Can Prove It: George Smoot at TEDxSalford.

Astrophysicist, cosmologist and Nobel Prize winner George Smoot studies the cosmic microwave background radiation — the afterglow of the Big Bang. His pioneering research into deep space and time is uncovering the structure of the universe itself. He has also made a cameo appearance (as himself) in an episode of the 'Big Bang Theory.'

George Smoot looks into the farthest reaches of space to the oldest objects in the known universe: fluctuations in the remnants of creation. Using data collected from satellites such as COBE and WMAP, scanning the cosmic microwave background radiation (a relic of the heat unleashed after the Big Bang), he probes the shape of the universe. In 1992 he and his Berkeley team discovered that the universe, once thought to be smooth and uniform at the largest scale, is actually anisotropic — or varied and lumpy. Smoot continues to investigate of the structure of the universe at the University of California at Berkeley, mapping billions of galaxies and filaments of dark matter in hope of uncovering the secrets of the universe's origins.

All the answers you comedy seekers are looking for are in these matrix comedy vids:

edit on 30-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

You gotta wonder then... if you believe in such nonsense...

Who coded the matrix?

This article suggests that our universe could be nested inside other simulations just as virtual computers can be stacked.

humansarefree.com

The article speculates that a "posthuman" civilization might be running an ancestor simulation.

I've often wondered if the phenomena of "observer effect" can be explained by a "matrix" universe. The article seems to elude to that as well.

Moreover, a posthuman simulator would have enough computing power to keep track of the detailed belief-states in all human brains at all times. Therefore, when it saw that a human was about to make an observation of the microscopic world, it could fill in sufficient detail in the simulation in the appropriate domain on an as-needed basis.

edit on 30-12-2014 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thanks but not interested even if your source is credible. I'll look into it later, at eternities end.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well if other intelligent life is out there and you would be wise to believe we arent the cream of the universal crop with our Honey Booboo loving society. Then other civilizations may be simulating us just like we simulate worlds.

We may be in a world within a world within a world within a world etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Thanks but not interested even if your source is credible. I'll look into it later, at eternities end.

Don't bother watching it. It's all an illusion anyways.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Are you telling me the matrix is real, which means it fake?

Or the matrix is fake, and were real?

The waves are made of the ocean- does that make the waves fake and the ocean real?

The patterns and shapes that are seen are made of nothing other than yourself.

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh we're all just binary in the end.

But on a serious note, the holographic universe theory supports this as do many others.

Our brains are representations of computers. We don't see this world our brains just process the electrical signals from the atoms that are around us, you know those atoms that are actually made up of empty space so again aren't physically there and well once you get down to quantum level the particles exist here and everywhere all at once. Kinda omnipresent kinda God.

Yeah god is a pretty decent programmer but decoding the universe is like hacking a virtual reality game from the inside whilst not wanting to admit its just a game.

It's a good game though. Don't you agree?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

It is untrue to say describe a human being in this manner, especially immediately after asserting that "what you actually are is beyond words".

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The human brain actually does computations based on a Ternary (base 3) system, not Binary.

Yes, No and Maybe

-1, 0, +1

I think the "discovery" of computer code in the mathematical understanding of our universe is merely the discovery that we unknowingly modeled computers based upon universal mathematical truths.

So, really it's just chicken or egg issue.

Much ado about nothing

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Is the Matrix real butter, or I can't believe that it not butter.

I don't think such a thing should spread like Jesus and bread.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Oh we're all just binary in the end.

But on a serious note, the holographic universe theory supports this as do many others.

Our brains are representations of computers. We don't see this world our brains just process the electrical signals from the atoms that are around us, you know those atoms that are actually made up of empty space so again aren't physically there and well once you get down to quantum level the particles exist here and everywhere all at once. Kinda omnipresent kinda God.

Yeah god is a pretty decent programmer but decoding the universe is like hacking a virtual reality game from the inside whilst not wanting to admit its just a game.

It's a good game though. Don't you agree?

Yes I agree, reguardless of which simulation we are in its still made of the same astral light, casual ideas, and physical godly stuff. So there is alot of solace in the idea that no matter how aweful the world gets it's still a divine creation at some level. Superposition exists wether we are aware of it or not.

You mention atoms, they may contain all the answers, and our own future simulations may be within them, we may be within one as well. There may be an infinate number of simulated worlds within all atoms endlessly. Gods eternal infinate creation, both outside and within.

As to finding clues the guy who found a very specific binary computer code created in the 40s pretty much was the deal sealer for evidence. It boggels the mind that this isnt a headline in our news, "GUY FINDS BINARY COMPUTER CODE FROM 40s IN THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF OUR REALITY! BTW HE HAD NO CLUE HE WAS DOING IT EITHER LOL."

What the heck really?! How is that even possible? Wait thats not possible! No way he stumbled onto the natural code of the universe writing computer code for a computer, absolutlly not. Thats like saying legend of zelda binary code is in the fundamental building blocks of matter, anyone who believes that could be a coincidence has a few bridges to buy.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Who coded the matrix?

With all do respect, nonsense? I don't think so. Time for the Love experiment I think.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks OP, brilliant thread.!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting....But at right around the time you think you may have figured it out the agents or the source changes something and makes you wrong....

Really though, one first must consider how one has been conditioned to think by those who taught one how to think and why.

No drugs, no alcohol or any other consciousness altering substances like how we have been conditioned to perceive whatever this whole mess may be.

No religion too, can't have anyone believing in anything at all if one is to see things without their perception of this whole mess being tainted.

I really actually think this way.

I am lost....

Consciously eliminate anything that cannot be proven to be true and then rethink it.

Now is all there is and now is all we need, the rest is just static.

Is that clear?.

No?.....

Tis clear enough for me, Bzzzzzzzzt.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
The human brain actually does computations based on a Ternary (base 3) system, not Binary.

Yes, No and Maybe

-1, 0, +1

I think the "discovery" of computer code in the mathematical understanding of our universe is merely the discovery that we unknowingly modeled computers based upon universal mathematical truths.

So, really it's just chicken or egg issue.

Much ado about nothing

And quantum computing can use base 3...

I think in all honesty none of us can claim to know or define reality.

Makes for an interesting discussion though.
edit on 30/12/2014 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

Meant to smile :-)
edit on 30/12/2014 by daftpink because: wrong smiley was inserted by the technology gods having a laugh

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

I think in all honesty none of us can claim to know or define reality.

Most accurate statement I've read here in a long time.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I like your post because it highlights something to me. All the debates for and against a simulated or matrix reality revolve around one core tenant: is it computable? The second component of the debates is does it show signs of being coded? Example: Is an algorithm we created already existing in nature? So what does your post highlight? Just because something is computable and/or shows signs of being coded, does NOT mean it has to be created by a God or intelligent agency. In fact, maybe it was programmed by a form of tempered chaos, something reminiscent of the Big Bang or species evolution.

Another thing thrown around to help support a simulated universe argument is that it's like a hologram. And yet this too is misleading. Just because we might exist in some kind of hologram doesn't mean we're existing on an alien's computer. Quite hte contrary, we might be existing on the 2d surface of a singularity or black hole.

It's the same argument creationists use. They say we MUST be created by an intelligence since we're so impressive. And yet science says no God or intelligence is needed to create us. The same thing can apply to the simulated universe argument. Just because our universe is computable and impressive on the whole doesn't mean God MUST have created it.
edit on 30-12-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I like your post because it highlights something to me. All the debates for and against a simulated or matrix reality revolve around one core tenant: it's computable and shows signs of being coded. So what does your post highlight? Just because something is computable and/or shows signs of being coded, does NOT mean it has to be created by a God or intelligent agency. In fact, maybe it was programmed by a form of tempered chaos, something reminiscent of the Big Bang or species evolution.

Similar to the argument about universal constants where if the constant of gravitational force was slightly more or less, the formation of heavenly bodies would not be possible. Some have argued that the gravitational constant proves the existence of God. But that argument ignores the other possibilities, 1.) that we are living in a simulation, or 2.) (If infinite parallel universes exist, we just happen to live in a universe that the gravitational constant is just right....

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Who coded the matrix?

It's turtles . . . turtles all the way down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join