It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Um Yeah The Matrix May Be Real!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You gotta wonder then... if you believe in such nonsense...

Who coded the matrix?

It's turtles . . . turtles all the way down.

You may be right....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What if I told you theres a doubly even self dual linear binary error-correcting block code, first invented by Claude Shannon in the fundamental nature of our reality developed in the 40s. This code was discovered embedded within the equations of superstring theory on a fluke.

Claude Elwood Shannon (April 30, 1916 – February 24, 2001) was an American mathematician, electronic engineer, and cryptographer known as "the father of information theory".

Shannon is famous for having founded information theory with a landmark paper that he published in 1948. However, he is also credited with founding both digital computer and digital circuit design theory in 1937, when, as a 21-year-old master's degree student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), he wrote his thesis demonstrating that electrical applications of boolean algebra could construct and resolve any logical, numerical relationship. Shannon contributed to the field of cryptanalysis for national defense during World War II, including his basic work on codebreaking and secure telecommunications.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

oh the notion that the universe is alive and thinking is nonsense but thinking everything got here from nothing and life blossomed out of random chance makes perfect sense. dont make me laugh.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
A little bit of history on Claude Shannon whos binary error-correcting computer code just happens to be written into the building blocks our realiy. I just find it interesting that his code is part of the building blocks of our known universe or earth. I wonder if the rest of the universe works on the same physics as the earth we live on?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So researchers and physicists are comming up with ways to test if the the universe is a simulation. It may be, and to me thats interesting. That theres computer code embedded in our reality makes me think of the movie "They Live" and how a reality was projected over another.

A team of physicists have come up with a test which they say could prove whether or not the universe as we know it is a virtual reality simulation - a kind of theoretical red pill, as it were.
Silas Beane of the University of Bonn, Germany, and his colleagues contend that a simulation of the universe, no matter how complex, would still have constraints

All we have to do to identify what these constraints would be is to build our own simulation of the universe, which is close to what many researchers are trying to do on an incredibly miniscule scale.
Computer simulations have been run to recreate quantum chromodynamics - the theory that describes the nuclear forced that binds quarks and gluons into protons and neutrons, which then bind to form atomic nuclei.

It is believed that simulating physics on this fundamental level is equivalent, more or less, to simulating the workings of the universe itself.
The question of whether we are actually aware of the real world is one which has been continually asked by philosophers.

One of the earliest articulations of the conundrum occurs in Plato's Republic, where the Allegory of the Cave attempts to describe the illusory existence led by most unthinking people.

Plato, regarded by many as the father of Western philosophy, suggested that the only way to come to a realisation of the real world was an in-depth study of maths and geometry, which would give students an inkling of the real nature of the world.

French philosopher Rene Descartes, pictured above right, whose works are often used as a general introduction to metaphysics, raises the problem again as a thought experiment to lead readers to a position of radical doubt.

By postulating a malicious demon who can keep us trapped in an illusory world, Descartes asks readers to cast aside all the evidence of their sensory experiences in a search for one certain premise.

He famously comes up with the argument 'cogito ergo sum', or rather 'I think therefore I am', which he uses as a indubitable bedrock from which to reconstruct a certain picture of reality.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: daftpink

I think in all honesty none of us can claim to know or define reality.

Most accurate statement I've read here in a long time.

In all honesty do you think we can FIND OUT how to know and define reality ??

I have come as close as it gets, and was real fascinating watching all sorts of "lifeforms" scrambling and begging me to stop.

Makes me think that the ancestor sim is very accurate, as in they are looking for a way out, and yet do not see that the problem lies far beyond here.

They will fail, we decide not to stay in or out of the sim, because we were originally designed to escape the hologram, minor tweaking messed up the entirety of every dimension, and these idiots want us to open a clean path back to the beginning.

We will do that, but they cannot come with us, no matter how hard they try.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just a thought, the computer code found within our reality could very well be some kind of signal broadcast over our reality. Rather than remaking everything a signal may just change the things we see in our physical worls like a directed reality.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's easier for me to see that someone is messing with time and parallel universes. As silly as this may sound I think it makes more sense than imagining we are simply code in a computer... like someone already said "who would have done this" and more important WHY?
There are strange enough things happening these days that to reference our existence basically based on a fictional movie is really reaching!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

how do we escape and to where? you've got me curious

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wulff

It's easier for me to see that someone is messing with time and parallel universes. As silly as this may sound I think it makes more sense than imagining we are simply code in a computer... like someone already said "who would have done this" and more important WHY?

There are strange enough things happening these days that to reference our existence basically based on a fictional movie is really reaching!

Yeah I get that logic, and agree perhaps some kind of tampering with nature like a projection over reality is what we are seeing. Still theres computer code in the reality we do see which was made in the WW2 era. I am not claiming to have all the answers, just evidence points to some kind of tampering.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Funny how much technology came from the 40s as well, it would be interesting to know more about Claude Shannon who's computer code they found embedded into our reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Who coded the matrix?

Maybe we did in another form?

Maybe Jesus

Maybe some dude who invented the binary code found in supersymetry back in the 40s

Maybe a supercomputer

Maybe god

Maybe various gods

Maybe angles

Maybe demons and devils

Maybe scientists

Maybe military

Maybe a secret government

Maybe the CIA

Maybe the NSA

Maybe the BIG BANG

Maybe we are programming it all the time with our desires.

Maybe some evil Red Skull type persona

Maybe some noble individual like Captain America

Maybe a group of individuals working in unison like the Borg from Star Trek

Maybe its done by the people of Hollow Earth or Agartha

Maybe its done in another universe by other versions of ourselves

Maybe it was programed to program itself

Maybe all of the above

Maybe none of the above

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Who coded the matrix?

Maybe we did in another form?

Maybe Jesus

Maybe some dude who invented the binary code found in supersymetry back in the 40s

Maybe a supercomputer

Maybe god

Maybe various gods

Maybe angles

Maybe demons and devils

Maybe scientists

Maybe military

Maybe a secret government

Maybe the CIA

Maybe the NSA

Maybe the BIG BANG

Maybe we are programming it all the time with our desires.

Maybe some evil Red Skull type persona

Maybe some noble individual like Captain America

Maybe a group of individuals working in unison like the Borg from Star Trek

Maybe its done by the people of Hollow Earth or Agartha

Maybe its done in another universe by other versions of ourselves

Maybe it was programed to program itself

Maybe all of the above

Maybe none of the above

Haha lolz

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What if I told you theres a doubly even self dual linear binary error-correcting block code, first invented by Claude Shannon in the fundamental nature of our reality developed in the 40s. This code was discovered embedded within the equations of superstring theory on a fluke.

I would love it was this to be true but its BS our Quantum friends put out as far as i can see as is the entanglement theory that was never proved to be anything other than spooky logic at a diatance.

Someone built a machine to test it but no one wants to speak about how the machine worked and they just say that Einstine was wrong when he had no one to defend him.

Because you can take six from ten does not mean that you can travel back in time by six years and this is where our quantum freinds get it all wrong and if they could prove entanglement then they would had produce a machine and a good profit by using this theory to send encrypted data.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I suggest looking at some of the links I posted earlier.

Not saying we are in a matrix, but something is definatly up with our reality having computer code in it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I just had a "wow" moment when I realized how much the ten dimensions correlate to the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. Of course it could just be me making sense out of my reality with my (present) worldview, but...wow. Also the phrase "As above, so below" fits the idea of realities within realities on an infinite scale.

All I know is that there is a whole hell of a lot to this crazy thing called reality, and anyone who looks at it all and isn't awe-stricken to their core needs a 'reality' check, har har. Great OP, been pondering this one for a long time now.
edit on 4-1-2015 by humanityrising because: derp

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: circlemaker
About code showing up in particles... this doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Some patterns are designed, some are emergent. Also, sometimes you have to create something to discover that it was already there.

The universe so far appears to be emergent, but that doesn't mean that someone or something couldn't have tampered with the flow a bit. I personally believe that the universe (including past and future) is dynamically updated with the creation of new information, regardless if new info is created by accident or intention. That alone would cause quite a few "huh" moments for those who notice, such as the changing variables that Philip K. Dick mentioned.

The matrix or simulated universe may exist in infinite layers inside and outside the one we currently perceive. Hell, we might even wake up in a slightly different one every day without noticing. Does a universe exist within us? Is our consciousness the barrier that separates internal and external universes? If so I wonder who the douche is that I'm inside of cuz this place sucks.

Does a universe exist within us I would guess yes!

Is our counsiousness the barrier that seperates internal and external universes? Yes again I would guess only counsiousness appears as all things matrix or otherwise.

Now onto the reason the world sucks so bad that is a head scratcher there I think agent smith summed it up pretty clearly, but who knows.

Also notice the horn of helm is different in the above video which is the matrix effect lolz!

Loved the Matrix snippet.

Okay, I an not religious, or a Bible junkie, but something resonated with me here...

When Smith talks about the perfect/non-suffering world, I wonder if that is a reference to the story before Eve
from Adam & Eve bit the apple from the tree of knowledge.
After that metaphorical incident, the humans defined their existence through misery and suffering because Eve ignored the advice not to eat from the tree. Maybe this was the Matrix re-design and why there is suffering, greed & resource stripping behaviour?

I wonder if someone can follow my thought?

RE: second video
The guy is correct.
School did not prepare me for life or give me choices.
Furthermore, I went to a shopping mall in the UK after Christmas.
The 0 - 35 year old folk were acting like consumer zombies, heads obeying their mobile phones, ignoring the real world , buying brands they don't need.
Eye opener indeed, I feel as though I am living in a different world to them, but I guess I am just responding slightly differently to my 45 years of programming.
I know I am not free, we have democracy to make us feel we have a choice.

edit on 4-1-2015 by IndigoGoGo because: new info

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

A little bit of history on Claude Shannon whos binary error-correcting computer code just happens to be written into the building blocks our realiy. I just find it interesting that his code is part of the building blocks of our known universe or earth. I wonder if the rest of the universe works on the same physics as the earth we live on?

I'm not an expert on this stuff but when they're talking about his codes, they're not talking about the code itself but rather the method. Basically error correcting code uses parity to determine if there's an error, in your computer it will take an 8x8 byte block and add a 9th byte as error correcting, the error correcting byte is the sum of the row or column, this way when there's an error it can flip the byte where there's a problem. To demonstrate this we'll use 0 as odd, 1 as even

00001111 1
00111100 1
11100111 1
01010101 1
10101010 1
00011000 1
00111001 1
11000110 1

Now, here's what happens when there's an error (4th row, 4th column)
00001111 1
00111100 1
11110111 0 (should be 1)
01010101 1
10101010 1
00011000 1
00111001 1
11000110 1

4th 0 should be 1.

By lining up the errors in the row and column you can flip the bit using the error correcting values.

Shannons work invented this concept, and then he used it to determine the maximum throughput of trustworthy data on lines of various capacity and noise level. What they're talking about here, is that the universe is using something similar to send data over noise and maintain clarity. Again, not an expert on science but my first thought of data transfer in nature is in DNA replication/transmission, and in doing so without errors.

As far as it's meaning in our reality being a matrix, that could be. The universe acts like a giant computer in many ways already. So here's the question, lets say everything is a simulation: What's the purpose? My guess would be that a civilization with a fast enough computer is recreating civilization from the ground up in order to study technological development and new approaches to problems their civilization can't solve with it's current viewpoints. Our lifetimes, compounded over thousands of generations could be existing in no more than 10 seconds in their world, it just feels long to us because of the simulation. If that's the case though... does it make our reality any less real for the time we experience it?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Because you can take six from ten does not mean that you can travel back in time by six years and this is where our quantum freinds get it all wrong and if they could prove entanglement then they would had produce a machine and a good profit by using this theory to send encrypted data.

Entanglement has been proven. The reason it hasn't revolutionized communications data is because it takes immense amounts of energy in order to get a proper pair of particles. Then the lifespan on these particles is rather low. Enough has happened to prove it's real, but not enough has happened in order to actually use it beyond a conceptual stage.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
Yeah god is a pretty decent programmer but decoding the universe is like hacking a virtual reality game from the inside whilst not wanting to admit its just a game.

Quantum Physics is like decoding a complicated regex that has no documentation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join