It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophysicist angers Christians with Christmas tweet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks for the correction on Kansas and Missouri. I should have verified that Missouri was the Show Me state.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What do I think it means?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Astrophysicist angers Christians with Christmas tweet

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson sparked an Internet supernova on Christmas Day when he took to Twitter to troll Christians. “On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world,” the “Cosmos” host tweeted Thursday. “Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642.”

Man Tyson does like to stir up a hornets nest. But he is right the work of Newton did change quite a bit in this world.

That is a grade A trolling but funny nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

No problem. Kansas and Missouri have a *ahem* healthy rivalry!!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: grainofsand
People of faith get offended all the time, tough luck I say, the guy's tweet was funny to me, get over it.
I laughed when the Queen in her xmas speech went on about her faith in Jesus, thought she was more rational than that, but hey if it pays the bills...

And people without faith don't get offended all the time? That's a human condition, not a spiritual one.

They usually get offended because people of faith are always screaming about how they are going to hell or burn for eternity for not believing in they believe in. So the human condition is brought on by the spiritual condition.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IWasHereEonsAgo

originally posted by: Aleister
Newton is a fine person to celebrate, as is Jesus. Not a bad pair to share a birthday (or a beer) with.

Except that Newton was a real person and Jesus is a non-confirmed character potetially created by religious nutcases to control people.

If that were the case then the Jews writing about him in the Babylonian Talmuds would have simply mentioned it. They spoke of Him and didn't even deny His miracles, just tried to explain them away by saying He was a magician. That is the strongest evidence of His life, "hostile-source attestation".

When was the Talmud written? Like the bible long after the death of Jesus. I could write a book about the flying spaghetti monster but that doesn't mean it's true.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

People of faith get offended all the time, tough luck I say, the guy's tweet was funny to me, get over it.
I laughed when the Queen in her xmas speech went on about her faith in Jesus, thought she was more rational than that, but hey if it pays the bills...

And people without faith don't get offended all the time? That's a human condition, not a spiritual one.

They usually get offended because people of faith are always screaming about how they are going to hell or burn for eternity for not believing in they believe in. So the human condition is brought on by the spiritual condition.

That's mot the reason people get mad and offended, it's a plethora of reasons. What an absurd statement. People are highly offended over EVERYTHING under the sun.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IWasHereEonsAgo

originally posted by: Aleister
Newton is a fine person to celebrate, as is Jesus. Not a bad pair to share a birthday (or a beer) with.

Except that Newton was a real person and Jesus is a non-confirmed character potetially created by religious nutcases to control people.

If that were the case then the Jews writing about him in the Babylonian Talmuds would have simply mentioned it. They spoke of Him and didn't even deny His miracles, just tried to explain them away by saying He was a magician. That is the strongest evidence of His life, "hostile-source attestation".

When was the Talmud written? Like the bible long after the death of Jesus. I could write a book about the flying spaghetti monster but that doesn't mean it's true.

Doesn't matter when it was written, it's a "hostile source", meaning if He didn't exist that would be SIMPLE for the Jews to claim since they hate Him and Christianity. lol

Literally saying He would spend eternity boiling in Hell in a cauldron of excrement and that his mother was a whore. That's an absurd amount of hoops to jump through when they could have said: "Yeah, we are Jews, we were there, dude never existed.. next question?"

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I just have to say to all those this offended, that you are in serious need of a psychological evaluation.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm OK with it. The atheist Tyson made a provocative statement, but I am amused rather than angered. Don't get
your panties in a bunch, church ladies.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Science has done some major damage to people and the planet, and yes good things as well.

Church damage is primarily confined to people, though they have done a lot of good also.

Your statement reads like science is all rainbows and unicorns where as churches are dripping with the blood of sacrificed babies.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh i guess if the mans religion had been in the thread I would have known that he knows that he dont know you know ?...lol
And i kind of figured the man who said that wasnt a christian duh ... lol
And how do you persuade some one on what you dont know.
Like asking some one lost for directions.
The point of my post was that Newton was into physics and God.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh i guess if the mans religion had been in the thread I would have known that he knows that he dont know you know ?...lol
And i kind of figured the man who said that wasnt a christian duh ... lol
And how do you persuade some one on what you dont know.
Like asking some one lost for directions.
The point of my post was that Newton was into physics and God.

I'm a huge NDT fan, but if we're being fair it was definately a shot.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

"always" huh..........only a sith deals in absolutes

Its funny no one I know thats Christian does this.......

To accuse a group of people of "always" doing something is disingenuous at best.....you know better then that Buster

Just like not all Athiest are always offended..........I like Penn Jillette quite a bit myself

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
a reply to: buster2010

I just have to say to all those this offended, that you are in serious need of a psychological evaluation.

agreed everyone's entitled to their statements........I found it amusing

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join