It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You're trying to combat anti-religion arguments, yet are combatting my pro-religion curiosity? What a genius you are. Tell me more about how you actually give a damn about other opinions.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3
I honestly don't care what your original post was about at this point, I want you to entertain my thought process instead of being stuck on yours.

You're not going to get what you want.
The standard etiquette of ATS is that discussion is based on the original topic of the thread.
I will ignore any further off-topic postings.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

He doesn't. He said it in his very first reply. HE IS NOT OPEN TO CONVERTING... or something.
So he is locked within his own realm and beliefs, not going to accept anything other than the Bible and God himself, which is rather stupid but whatever.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

rules rules rules and rules, try to move beyond that, seems like you always set yourself your own borders and limits whereas there are no limits and no borders, everything is limitless - starting your own mind

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This special baby that's going to make the world not suck needs to hurry up and get out of the womb.
Maybe if humans start breeding at a faster rate we can get this person sooner...law of averages.
If I catch wind of a virgin knocked up by a bird I will be right on top of it. Free room and board.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

The same about Eskimos. They don't know and they don't need to know. So why do we, right here in the EU (or the US) ? Why us?

You are mistaken. Anyone who is capable of realizing that a Creator created all that exists, is capable of asking the Creator for the truth. Seek and you shall find...ask and you shall recieve. If you really want the truth, ask God and wait for the answer.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

He doesn't. He said it in his very first reply. HE IS NOT OPEN TO CONVERTING... or something.
So he is locked within his own realm and beliefs, not going to accept anything other than the Bible and God himself, which is rather stupid but whatever.

It seems that you too are locked within your own realm, not taking the time to understand the biblical perspective. I was once that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
As usual, well written and doctrinally sound as a whole. I do enjoy reading your threads Disraeli.

I'm not open to being converted to another religion.

Neither are most of us heathens, but I still see the Christians knocking on doors, and preaching on the streets. I guess if you're gonna sow, you gotta reap a little too.

S&F.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Thank you.
When Christians go out evangelising, they meet people who refuse to talk to them. Similarly, I was refusing to talk about other religions in this particular setting.
My approach to apologetics is to tackle the puzzle one piece at a time, as my back catalogue shows.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

My replies are not even off-topic. For frikks sake, they're about YOUR religion. The fact you cant acknowledge that shows that you are ignorant and controlled by a fiction novel. I was trying to show my curiosity by asking you to be flexible on your beliefs and entertain the possibility your frikkin' son of god still exists today, but now i'm actually going to be anti-religion.

Thank you for showing me how good I have it not believing in the trinity, for I can actually have a civil conversation discussing things with people without disregarding them, and I can see a different side of the story not written by my perspective.
edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: when im angry i type fast and make mistakes on my cellular keyboard.

edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Oh, I just love like religious people tend to use the word "SHALL"

It makes you look more rigid, more strict and authoritarian.
edit on 21-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

It seems that you too are locked within your own realm, not taking the time to understand the biblical perspective. I was once that way.

I am the other way round... I am very open-minded and I do appreciate everyone's opinion and I think about many possible solutions to all kinds of problems, but your soul looks as dry as the pages of the Bible to which you so desperately cleave.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I just love how you trolls think you know it all.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I just love the very same thing about you
isn't it great?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I always imagine a hypothetical situation -- I am born in the middle of jungle, somewhere far away from the other tribes and living only with my parents. How would the christian God reach me...

Wisdom is only gained through experience...

Knowledge can never take the place of spiritual experience.

As to those who live in tribes without God’s Word, God has revealed Himself in the hearts of all men. Through general revelation, man can sense God’s existence and see His power. www.tillhecomes.org...

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

Melisa: But if they could just see you...

Jesus: Not even that would be enough. Look at satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned. Gave himself over to pride. Scratch any sin and just below the surface you'll find pride...

In Romans 1:18-20, Paul was declaring that God has revealed Himself to all mankind. Old Testament scriptures proclaim that God has revealed Himself to everyone through nature (Ps. 19:1-3), but Paul was stating here that there is an intuitive revelation of God within every person.

There are five words used in these three verses to describe the extent to which God has revealed Himself to mankind, and they are worth special note. Any one of these five words used by itself would have made a strong argument for Paul's case. However, the combination of these words in just two sentences emphasizes the certainty of Paul's claims.

The use of the word "all" in Romans 1:18 shows the extent to which God has revealed Himself. God has placed a witness within every person against all ungodliness and unrighteousness.

Therefore, no one will be able to stand before God on the Day of Judgment and say, "God is not fair." He has given all people who have ever lived, regardless of how remote or isolated they may have been, the opportunity to know Him. They are without excuse.

www.awmi.net...

God has revealed Himself to everyone; no one is inexcusable when they say they don’t believe in Him. Second, that by rejecting Him, they turn to the worship of created things rather than Creator. This is not just true of ancient forms of paganism, but equally is true of modern atheism (consider atheist Lawrence Krauss's statement, “Forget Jesus, the stars died for you”) and is certainly true for the autonomous, humanistic thinker such as Buddha and those who follow him. They worship man in general by exalting Mankind as the judge of everything else or may even worship the Buddha. So yes, it is possible to adhere to a godless religion – in fact, it is impossible not to be religious regardless of one’s professed beliefs.

www.apricotpie.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well, just from reading your posts and the way you attack the OP, I wouldnt say that youre open-minded at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hey, Im not the one blasting Christianity on a Christian thread. If you dont like the subject matter, you can take your wide open mind elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

In case I am looking for spiritual experience I would be trying meditation and yoga.
I just like the atmosphere at Hindu or Buddhist temples for example, they are much more open, friendly and you just feel like you are at home (well, at least I do) whereas every time I walk into a church, it's cold there, it's kinda scary, I don't feel like home, I feel like I don't belong, I actually feel all those cold walls surrounding me and the eerie priest mumbling words, subjugating to some higher entity as if we were something less ... all this stuff... churches just feel creepy.
That's just MY humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Well, just from reading your posts and the way you attack the OP, I wouldnt say that youre open-minded at all.

that's mainly because he refused to accept anything else besides his opinion in the first place...
and I do not attack anyone, just trying to discuss... now looking at the thread, everyone is attacking everyone and yet, everyone is just defending themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps it is time to get back to the subject of the thread, following normal Abovetopsecret practice;
That is, free and open discussion confined to the thread topic, as defined by the title and the opening post.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join