It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'#ShootThePolice': Crazed man's online ranting before executing two NYPD officers, committing sui

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well deadeye, I myself have been arrested thirtythree times,
as I've said in some other threads and you know what? Some
how, I never had a violent arrest. Never even close, want to
know why? Because I knew better and everyone on the streets
knows from the time they were on training wheels, that you do
not mess with cops. Because you will only end up a lot worse off.

By being on the streets, I mean street smarts. Sorry, but
Garner knew better. So you can't make Garner out to be Mr.
innocent either. Telling the cops to get away and leave him
alone. He was resisting and the cops took him down and he
died. #### happens. Get over it.

edit on Rpm122114v07201400000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

No need to replace words. You specifically stated "most" cops. I feel that is an extreme exaggeration. You may feel it's true. We are both entitled to our opinions.

That being said, the system is far from perfect. That is a given.

The human element always plays a role. Due to that fact it is impossible to remove all bad police because eventually another will take their spot. Again you can't defeat the human element.

That being said I can post many stories of officers being arrested and convicted.

In those cases the officer did their jobs.

edit on 21-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

I do not support anarchy. I agree that there are laws that do not need to exist. But I am just one voice. I don't speak for the masses.

That being said, do you feel we should have police?

If so what do you think their duties should be?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

there will be no shortage of ones that do not accept an arrest in the first few seconds. I am not saying there is no need ever for a takedown but that they were not near that point yet in that case. A bit more rational talk and then you go for the arrest especially if you are being filmed. I say that only because he never made any threatening gestures or had weapons. In that case more words are the choice. More rational convincing of the situation. Now if there had been only two officers it would have been different but they had him covered well and he never made an advance.

Dang dude you should have at least tried to run. lol
i get your point and am the same way though.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

What happened to Gardner was an accident. Gardner had other issue that helped lead to his death, and its not like those cops went out saying "hey, I feel like choking someone to death after my morning Joe".

"Hey, look at that guy over there, he just sold a cigarette to that other gentlemen for fifty cents without our permission. Let's go harass him for no reason at all."

Yeah. You seem to be under the impression that police in the US are supposed to be mindless drones that enforce every law (whether good or bad) just because "that's their job."

protip: it's not.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I do not support anarchy.

Most people don't.

I agree that there are laws that do not need to exist. But I am just one voice. I don't speak for the masses.

Your voice is just as important as the masses.

That being said, do you feel we should have police?

Yes.

If so what do you think their duties should be?

I don't know. It would take time to build a cohesive argument for something better. What we are doing right now is not working, though.
edit on 21-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

You don't care that two innocent people were killed?

No. No I don't. They were cops, I place them in the same ranks as British soldiers in the 1700s and trollocs from the Wheel of Time.

wow

You can wow all you want. If that's your reaction then you haven't been paying attention.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been out-right robbed, harassed, threatened, and bullied by the gang members that we call police officers.

If this is the case, perhaps you should evaluate your behavior.

I find it very hard to believe that you are just sauntering around, minding your very own business and then BAM! you became robbed, harassed, threatened ect..

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

As much as I hate the fact that you think I am bad because I am a police officer in today's society I would be interested to hear what you think the duties of the police should be.

I would also like to hear what laws you think should be eliminated and which should be enforced.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Dang dude you should have at least tried to run. lol
i get your point and am the same way though.

I know you were joking but I don't believe you fully
understand either. For people who've been to county jail
before or like myself are just out raise'n hell pissed at the world
in and out for awhile. You figure out real fast, that all that
evading, resisting and running, high speed pursuits and getting
caught and then you're ass kicked. Is for the high power criminals
not light felons and damn sure not no misdemeanor such as the one
Garner was facing. What Garner did is called being a dump truck.
It was lame as hell. Garner was look'n at three hots and a cot for three
days. Big deal. Instead he's dead. Now ask yourself this question for me?

What if Garner knew the whole time he was being recorded
and was try'n to set up a law suit? That's what I think was really
go'in on.

edit on Rpm122114v392014u17 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

No. No I don't. They were cops, I place them in the same ranks as British soldiers in the 1700s and trollocs from the Wheel of Time.

wow

You can wow all you want. If that's your reaction then you haven't been paying attention.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been out-right robbed, harassed, threatened, and bullied by the gang members that we call police officers.

I find it very hard to believe that you are just sauntering around, minding your very own business and then BAM! you became robbed, harassed, threatened ect..

That is a good one cause you do not find it hard to believe he was robbed by police and all that but that you belive he did not deserve it. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

either way they jumped the gun so to speak even if he was setting up to die and family to sue they have to give more time before they go into takedown mode. Do you wanna know why even though you think they did nothing wrong but they have to wait until ample time is used to rationalize in his mind or for him to make a physical threat to them is because if they don't then someone else will see the film and go kill other cops. The word of the day is TACT. He did not resist enough to warrent a takedown of that nature especially on film. Situional awareness is valuable.

Every situation is different. I did not hear one public complaint when they found that cop killer that was hiding for a month in the woods. Even when they showed his pic on the news in handcuffs being led out of the plane hanger and they said clearly he did not resist and came peacefully but his nose was broke and bleeding but we did not care because it was par for the coarse. We have to listen to the public and try to understand their perception.

I have no felonies but i have been cuffed plenty and do know a bit about respect and tact.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

As much as I hate the fact that you think I am bad because I am a police officer in today's society I would be interested to hear what you think the duties of the police should be.

I would also like to hear what laws you think should be eliminated and which should be enforced.

I'm not Lews but I would suggest we wipe out all the victim-less crimes. Gambling, prostitution, drugs and seat belts would be a good start. Others would be the add-ons to traffic stops; not in possession of insurance card (I'm working on that one in my state) or a registration. With today's means of communications, the cop can find out very easily if you have insurance and the status of your registration (at least they can in my state) so there is really no need for such documents to be in physical possession.
I'm all for the police getting dangerous folk off the road. I'm all for them investigating and arresting thieves and people who beat up or murder others. But the truth is that if the victim-less crimes were removed from the books, the number of police officers could be drastically reduced in most areas. And those that remained would have plenty of time to devote to real crimes against the society.
I'm sixty years old and if my memory is correct, I've felt the need to call police only two times in my life. Once was when a guy in the next apartment was throwing his girlfriend against the wall causing damage to our apartment. The other was a crazy guy in my driveway threatening me with a chainsaw when I told him that he couldn't cut my tree.
In the first case, the officer arrived, talked to the people involved then came to our apartment and filled out a report on the damages and advised if the racket started up again to please call them. The woman, who had obviously been beaten according to the cop, told them that everything was just fine and dandy, that she had fallen in the bathroom and hit the wall. He advised them to make peace because if he got another call that evening they would both be heading to jail for disturbing the peace. (The next week the scumbag broke her arm and shoulder. The landlord saw it happen, called the cops and this time they did take him away. He was also evicted because he'd had the police show up half a dozen times, breaking his lease.)
The second time, living in the country rather than the city, I knew the police weren't going to arrive quickly so I retreated to my house, called 911, grabbed my shotgun and walked onto the porch with it. Even that meth-crazed idiot with the chain saw had sense enough to jump into his truck and leave. A deputy eventually arrived and filled out a report. As he was taking my story, he got a call that another deputy had arrested the nutcase just down the road where he had threatened another homeowner. He's still doing time in prison. It wasn't his first mistake.
I fought the seat belt law tooth and nail. It's just stupid and a revenue stream. I know plenty of cops who don't think it's right to pull someone over just for not wearing a seat belt, and won't do it. Lots of guys out there won't write people up for equipment violations, preferring to give a courtesy notice instead. I've been an anti-drug war activist for the entire drug war. I believe that I own my body and it is as Don Henley said so eloquently, "Nobody's business but mine" what I put into it.

Sorry, didn't mean to go so far astray of the thread.
My prayers and love are with the families of these men. I can't even begin to imagine their pain.
I'm astounded at some of the comments. There are certainly some very sick segments of our society.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

However, not a single one of those laws would exist without the approval of the voting public. If you want to look at the face of tyranny, look in the mirror, look across the street, look next door. Those are the people truly at fault and those are the despots you despise so much.

I didn't vote in any of those laws, and neither did you.

Pretty sure none of us did.

However we, the public do either by voting on the law directly through referendum or electing representatives who do. Charles Schumer and Diane Feinstein run on gun control and more and more gun control and they keep getting elected every year because more and more gun control is what the morons in their districts want.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I did manage a felony, never went to prison.

All good here then. Agree to disagree?

edit on Ram122214v332014u42 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

As much as I hate the fact that you think I am bad because I am a police officer

I don't think that you are a bad person.

in today's society I would be interested to hear what you think the duties of the police should be.

I thought about it all night.

The duty of the police officer would still be the same--enforcing the law, but I would make changes.

The police officer, like a supreme court justice, should have the right to set precedence in regard to the laws which will be enforced in their county, according to the officer's discrimination; without fear of discipline or punishment for deciding not to enforce a specific law.

All Officer's should be trained in Constitutional law, in the same manner as that of a supreme court justice. Books like The Federalist Papers and The Anti-Federalist Papers should be required reading for all officers.

The police officer should have the right to trump the will of the majority. If, in one county, the people have voted and decided that they don't want anyone in their county to open-carry, the police should have the authority to overrule their decision by setting precedence when they refuse to arrest someone for exercising their natural rights.

The role of the officer would be that of "Defender of Natural Rights." You can help the people by aiding us in our defense from the tyranny of the majority.

That, to me, is the true role of law enforcement.

All non-crimes need to be abolished. A victim has to be present for a crime to have taken place.

If someone is murdered (unlawful killing), a crime has taken place, there is a victim...someone's natural rights have been violated.

Robbery violates natural rights. Assault violates natural rights.

If I am open-carrying and someone attempts to, or succeeds in forcing me not to be able to open-carry--a crime has taken place because my natural rights have been infringed.

All prohibition laws violate natural rights. And instead of defending natural rights, police officers enforce unlawful laws.

Revenue collection for the town, city, county, or state needs to end. Speeding is not a crime--their is no victim. And "crime prevention" is a fallacy. If it worked, no revenue would ever be generated through speeding tickets. Or any other ticket or fine.
edit on 22-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

wow

Someone's never heard of civil forfeiture.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
So they wont us to believe that he shot him self!?!?

only after he ran off then posts on the web,
"One of the posts included his blood spattered pants."
then commits suicide.

some thing is not true about this?
sounds set up to me.

This site really needs to start thinking about getting rid of all lame posts containing the ubiquitous phrases "Something about this doesn't feel right to me" and "This sounds like a setup to me." Seriously. Contribute or GTFO.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

wow

Civil forfeiture is a lawful process that ONLY occurs in a VERY limited number of cases, predominantly drug cases involving large amounts of trafficking where we have decided that it would not be just to allow the lawbreaker to keep the spoils of his crimes. And yes, I would like to see it used more against white collar high level scumbags. But please stop acting like average citizens are waking up and finding the mean old government taking everything they own, because that is quite simply not the case.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

wow

Civil forfeiture is a lawful process that ONLY occurs in a VERY limited number of cases, predominantly drug cases involving large amounts of trafficking where we have decided that it would not be just to allow the lawbreaker to keep the spoils of his crimes. And yes, I would like to see it used more against white collar high level scumbags. But please stop acting like average citizens are waking up and finding the mean old government taking everything they own, because that is quite simply not the case.

I see you are still confused about truth. It happens all the time all over the U.S.
You are down playing a very serious problem.
The truth is that it is completly for a cop to take your money and then force you to prove him wrong in a court system that will cost more than what you were robbed of.
Like all the other laws it origionally served a valid purpose but not is being abused to buy equipment to herd more effectivly.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: jaffo

wow

I see you are still confused about truth. It happens all the time all over the U.S.
You are down playing a very serious problem.
The truth is that it is completly for a cop to take your money and then force you to prove him wrong in a court system that will cost more than what you were robbed of.
Like all the other laws it origionally served a valid purpose but not is being abused to buy equipment to herd more effectivly.

Sorry, but no. Civil forfeiture is not a very frequently used legal action and, again, it is only used in certain large cases involving large amounts of money gained by criminal enterprise. These are facts. Keep waving your hands about wildly though and maybe eventually I'll buy it...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join