It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Children found stabbed to death in Cairns, Australia. - Breaking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
'Tis the Season for Madness" it seems. This is such a hard time of year for so many people for so many reasons and suicide rates and craziness ensues. I think it's too much pressure to bear for some and it can be a very sad, depressing time of year. Of course, we don't know the back story as of yet and the "why did this happen" but another tragedy. Why oh why does it have to be kids as victims?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
There's a lot of alcohol induced domestic violence up that way. Particularly with the Aboriginals, who cope are really hard time from police and society in general.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
There's a lot of alcohol induced domestic violence up that way. Particularly with the Aboriginals, who cope are really hard time from police and society in general.

The news does say the family was known to the police.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Known to the police hey?
Must be shady violent criminals then right?
This woman had her demons..............but the inference is low......sounds like news speak for people of lesser breed......
makes me want to puke......

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
An aboriginal family.

7 of the victims were siblings

1 was a cousin.

Police have not made an arrest as yet.

They did say the community is not at risk.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Known to the police hey?
This woman had her demons..............but the inference is low......sounds like news speak for people of lesser breed......

Fine, go ahead and puke.

Sometimes it just is what it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Known to the police hey?

Lesser Breed?
Care to expand on that?

8 children being murdered is a horrible crime no matter what the color or ethnicity.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I suppose I was known to the police when I got my one speeding ticket. I was in a hurry that day.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The way the media is talking about it now, the woman is assisting them its unclear who did it? Only early in the investigation though so alot of conflicting info out there now.

I don't think that is what they are saying at all, don't turn this in to a race thing, 8 innocent kids have been murdered and its absolutely tragic, race has absolutely nothing at all to do with it! My heart aches for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

The important message I got was the 'no danger to the community', so the killer is not out there. From the description of the mothers injuries, I would doubt if she had been interviewed as yet.

Therefore the line 'She is helping us with our inquiries' is Police speak for 'she is a suspect.'

So it was the mother or one of her children that started it. Either a confession or forensics will have to sort it out.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thanks for the clarification P, i was confused because they also said she is not in custody i would have thought if she did it she would be in Police Custody while in the hospital. The footage i saw of her coming out the house aswell she was awake and conscious so i don't know i think they would be talking to her.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Don't be so quick to lay blame, there a facets to this story streaming in via social media that clearly paint a different picture.

If it was a simple as you say, this would be a closed case.

until anything is VERIFIED, it would be wise for us not to point any fingers.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

I was just repeating what was on the news as an update.

Having said that ....

streaming in via social media

Does not provide me with a great deal of trust.

We will wait and see what the police come up with.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
there a facets to this story streaming in via social media that clearly paint a different picture.

So people making crap up and posting it on "social media" should be believed....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Xarian6
there a facets to this story streaming in via social media that clearly paint a different picture.

So people making crap up and posting it on "social media" should be believed....

isnt that what the media do ?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I've had some low points in my life. Time when all hope seems to be gone, but harming children is a line crossed. You really do have to wonder where it all goes wrong in your head to do something like this.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This might seem selfish, but I was just about to sneak upstairs to wrap up christmas presents for my two beautiful daughters. I had a little glow inside about how much I love this task every year, and am pretty happy to have most of my shopping down before schedule, kind of pulling it all together as a single full time dad is tough some days.

Now this.

This news..

This god awful dreadful news...

My heart is just aching, my eyes are welling up and when I get upstairs I no longer think I have the strength to start wrapping. How can I continue with such a task when such a tragedy happens? This year has really been trying my mental state, such unthinkable cruelty from such a sick species. I hope I can pull it together by the morning.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are no suspects only persons of interest at this point in time.

everything so far is just speculation as the police themselves are keeping tight lipped and not wanting to say too much.

we have had the media contacting everyone from neighbors to school principles trying to get a story.

How do I know?
I live in Cairns and work a stones throw from the incident.

I have been hearing all sorts of stories so far.

My heart goes out to the family and friends touched by the incident and think they deserve less speculation and more facts

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Obviously mental heath was an issue here, but I think everyone is jumping the gun by assuming that this woman wasn't being treated.

This could be related to Bad, er Big Phara and their pill pushing in the system.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is so sad!

A terrible tragedy!

May the kids rest in peace!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join