It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I thought you said youve seen members of your own family communicating with dead relatives..... As in seen it with your own eyes... I just wondered, what it sounded like too...
edit on 20 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

My bad. No. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrestme
a reply to: akushla99

originally posted by: akushla99
a reply to: Arrestme
Anyone reading this post will see how many times I have written almost exactly the exact same thing (as UberL33t) above.

Your interpretation of what is being said (on this recording alone) is just that - your interpretation.

...and everyone respects 'your interpretation'...but only really as much as you're willing to do the same...can you really say that's been happening?

You've had nothing but "claim after claim". I then took yours and others and any other piller this video could stand on for validity and I pretty much shot it down since you've yet to respond to any of those. Followed by claims that I AM interpreting? No I'm citing facts. Those are not for you to say "wrong", because they're mostly facts. They're not for you to respect, because they aren't my raving rants, but again they're facts....Maybe debate about one of the 10 or so I cited? I'm beginning to think this will continue to be your response again and again until I give up & say "I recant all I said, and reject reality with you!". What a think tank you are.

I've now quite generously wrote you several novel posts deducing the tangibility behind the many points on this claim, enumerating, repeating, researching, and rechecking....& u respond, again, without being specific on what "I'm wrong about", & assuming that pretty much will cover your ass? This is extremely laughable. This couldn't even be considered trolling at this point, you're doing everything wrong. How about an agreement with my hard work in debunking this?

You've been generous with your generalizing every element of my novel as "speculation". Sorry but you can't just say that & expect any1 to take your side bro. "Interpretation" had nothing to do with my novels buddy. Be specific, its very childish. But now it's too late for you since throwing all my validity out the window. By trying to scewer me with accusations of avoiding to answer your most precious proof, & damning EVERYTHING else I said in between, we see again you have no stable point to stand on..unless you want to face my tornado of other points (if you try for this I'd be surprised even tho you couldn't of picked a weaker subject to back). So I'll respond to it, that's what I do, and what I've already done, but I doubt you've read anything I typed up to this point in it's entirety. Lesson here; don't mess with Arrest.

It's impossible for words to come through? So all words that are tangibly heard with that box on is a verifiable contact with the random dead? No wonder you're so choosy in what to defend...this is all you've got?

You cannot seriously be this gullable! Watch this, this basic fundamental hardware in all spirit boxes.

It's a radio tuner with an a few adjustment capacitors. One "squelches" the stations streaming in by setting the allowed time a data stream will be played on the speaker. THIS MEANS REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ADJUSTER, YOU CAN STILL GET AS LONG A MESSAGE AS YOU WANT TO COME OUT DEPENDING ON YOUR SETTING! The other adjuster is the one that sets the speed at which the stations will change. So it may scan very quickly through stations, but the streamed audio will always be as long as the amount you wanted to set it to with the first adjuster.
It's important to note here that Huff uses a further modified tuning or "spirit/ghost" machine, that uses Echo effects to change not only the original audio to have echos, but to be able to control the delay, decay, and pitch of the resulting echos. So this would make any 1 or 2 words coming through seem much longer and pitched up down, all around, and especially time stretched.

Did you think it was magic or something when u heard voices when ur elite intelligence told you that voices couldn't be heard while scanning a radio that fast? I rest my case, you're an idiot. I win, no stars for you. #UltimateInt3rpret0r
edit on 20-12-2014 by Arrestme because: '']['' [[]] [[]] ][_, #YOLO #ROFLMAOMGGFTWTF

I thought this vid would demonstrate something resembling what these units do - it didn't. Where were the voices? I don't suppose you take your car to be 'tuned' either...pffft

Fortunately some people don't need a piece of electronic equipment to hear anything - but that's a whole other slew of expert debunking that comes with its own brand of veiled insults...

over & out

A99
edit on 20-12-2014 by akushla99 because: addd

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Ok, but who's Joe?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Ah Mr Mask, welcome aboard. We haven't had a discussion for a long time. In my opinion it is the real deal but I'm not preaching to anyone. And I see you must have just joined because you're quoting an early quote. So much more in the thread so I hope you read it all.

As for the hoaxing and pointing to YT. Well, what should I point to? An anecdote? Thing is, there ARE lots of people who do this and there are some very uncanny results. With that said, does that make them hoaxers on themselves? Yes yes, auditory pareidolia. I know I know /sarc

vids that are all faked.

Please, do your own research before dropping blanket statements. Like I said, lots of 'regular' people do this

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

whos Joe? The guy with the equipment?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: caterpillage

yup he was

I did a little research to discover Robin Williams was likely an atheist which makes sense why he allegedly gave up so easily on his life without reaching out to Almighty God. He apparently allowed Hollywood's last script to lead him to think about his own death in new and revealing ways by sharing his fantasies with his audience. - See more at: cherylkicksass.blogspot.ca...

Definitely an "oh crap" moment.

Oh pahhhhleeeeze.

I am officially done with this thread.

What a bunch of ignorant dumb$$ assumptions.

So people of faith don't commit suicide.

Friggin lame

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I can't remember which video it was but It could have been joe from joes box or frank of franks box or neither. Just yt it

They're just two old men with a hobby

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Who said that?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Who said that?

The text that you quoted in the reply I quoted(if that isn't confusing)

Being an atheist has nothing to do with anything. If anything I believe it makes one stronger.

To say that an atheist likely gave up on life faster than someone of faith(as stated in the quoted text) is just absurd.

I personally have many friends/people I know of faith who took their own life.

As amatter of fact it kind of ticks me off a bit that peopke of "faith" even think this way.

I probably won't reply again. My blood is starting to boil.
edit on 21-12-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Relax. I don't know if he was of faith or not and that's not what I meant by my comment. I meant "if" he was an atheist, then it would be an oh crap moment. Just like for you if you find out it just goes on and on. A "doh" moment. You're reading too much into it

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hm.....
Auditory pareidolia?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: uncommitted
Purgatory is a concept dreamed up roughly 1,400 years ago.

Nope. The Hebrews believed in a place that the souls of the dead went to but that required sacrifices and prayers by those still living in order to 'loose them from the bonds of their sins'. (for example see Maccabees). Check the beliefs in ancient Asia (which still persist to today) about 'hungry ghosts' ... spirits of the dead who aren't at rest but who require sacrifices and prayers to 'move on'. Also, ghosts have been seen/discussed for thousands of years ... souls of the dead who were not in heaven or hell but were not at rest because of unfinished business. This is all 'purgatory'. The word itself came from the Catholics, but the concept has been around for thousands and thousands of years.

Side note .. there is a purgatory museum in Rome as well as many writings by saints and mystics about encounters with purgatorial souls through thousands of years.

What was said by the alleged spirit of Williams fits that which a soul in Purgatory would say. I'm not saying it's him for sure, but it fits.

Wow, so following that link it shows pictures of what is claimed to be objects or documents touched by the souls that are in purgatory and they leave a mark? Hmm

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

To begin, when I first typed my reply, I had clicked reply to your post to type it simply to open the posting window. When I first submitted it, it was (technically) "in reply" to your thread. I removed this shortly after, but apparently it still sent you a reply. I didn't intend for it to be directed at you personally, just a technical mishap, however, since that bridge has already been crossed...

My first burning question is, if you don't believe in this stuff, why take the time to watch the video and reply to the thread? If I don't believe in something, I certainly am not going to take the time to read about it and post on it.

The "why do you care what I think" is a laughable saying here, and can be applied to everyone on any thread ever. Why do you bother writing things here unless you care what other people think and are trying to share your opinion with them?

Whatever your reasons, we all are on a (semi) anonymous message board sharing ideas and thoughts to other people, unless you are the kind of person who thinks that your posts are of the most "enlightening" type and we uneducated, hoax believing sheeple should be happy just to be graced by your ability to see through the BS and share with us.

If I truly don't believe in something and think it's all crap, I'm not going to spend the time reading a thread about it, watch a movie about it, then take type replying to the thread and all the people who reply to me in that thread.

If you don't believe it, move on. Certainly don't take the time and effort to sit here and type replies about how hoax this stuff is and argue with the people posting that do believe. That's why we are here, because we all have that belief. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion but shine that intellectual light somewhere else. We believe what we believe and a post from some guy on ATS isn't going to change it. In other words, save your breath (or fingers, or telepathic typing device) and just ignore this kind of stuff if you don't believe in it.
edit on 12/21/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Shana91aus

ok! who's willing to hear me out? I think I just had my first orb experience. Hope I'm not messing with something I'm not prepared to handle but this is exciting. Decided to give it another go except with the lights out snapping pictures in the dark while I talk. The dialog is still rather garbled and may take some practice to filter through the noise but when I was taking a picture, just before the flash that 1/2 second pause, I saw an orb fly right in front for me in the phone display; a downward swoop then up. No joke. Happened twice. I literally saw a small ball with some (trailing?) behind it swooping by. My first reaction before the picture snapped was an insect but....it happened a second time. I think I actually caught it and a bright little dot on my coat hanging on the coat stand. Then there was a maniacal laugh. I laughed too and said laugh again. It did. Like a huhhh huhh huhh huhh. lol, crazy. I said, who laughed? and I heard Frank. I would also like to add, some of the pictures look like Vaseline smeared on the lens while others are crystal clear. Scary shiz.

I believe you. I was once awakened...well I was nudged awake and my attention was drawn to my window at the head of my bed. I remember being awake but in a half trance like state? Anyway, there were 2 white orbs hovering just outside my window and it was dark outside. They had in my opinion woke me up and called my attention to them. It was peaceful

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

I think you're missing the point of the whole human experience:

Controversy, projection, superiority

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'd have to understand how this EVP works . I understand it translates it into a sound we can then understand, but how then can it be THEIR voice? Also it's easy to think he's saying one thing , but actually said another and this guy just thinks that is what was said. " I'm here with dad" may have been " I'm here with the dead" It's all down to interpretation. I will say that it does sound like him though.

I remain skeptical people pass on and exist in some in between zone. I've had paranormal experiences but not any involving ghosts.

Anyways, it's sad he took his own life.

In conclusion I remain open minded. So it didn't convince me it was actually Robin Williams.

There's the possibility it's other entities posing as him or others trying to be contacted.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Cool

Last night I was doing more echovox sessions and I was seeing them buzzing around my living room again while taking pictures. Didn't phase me anymore. Then I went to bed and decided to try there in the dark and holy #$%!! the room was absolutely full of them. So many in fact, I thought na, there's got to be a different explanation for this and dismissed it. Tried to sleep for a few minutes but then decided to snap a couple more. Nothing. Not a single one...

Got up again, went back to the living room and played back my recordings, went back to bed and there they were again. Blew my mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Another twist to add....
What if it was an entity pretending to be Robin Williams?
That's if it was anything at all to be sure.
But.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I do believe in this stuff, however, I wonder if anyone has developed a random number generator which feeds into the Ghost Box (or similar) machines? If so, would other similar "meaningful" words appear which could be interpreted as something significant? The only way to really test this si to produce such a device and then give it to the folk taking these words as coming from the spirit world - not telling them it is a random number generator generating the words.

When it all boils down to it, anything electronic is probably going to have a look-up table of words and an index into that table generated by some external sensor, whether it be EMF, RF, or some other measuring system. It all depends on whether you believe that spirits can influence an electronic circuit to produce the correct number of the item in the look-up table that they want to 'say' to you.

How really meaningful is meaningful and how really relevant is relevant? It is all subjective.

IF we believe in life after death then most people are not able to communicate through to this world, otherwise we would all be in constant contact with loved ones. There would be no more belief in a 'death' just a 'transition', yet we still believe in a death of the physical body.

It is all highly unlikely that anyone 'famous' or a media personality would come through although they are the same as everyone else, in general, this kind of thing just does not happen and the odds of finding a 'personality' to talk to in the sea of spirits is fairly low. Yes, there probably are spirits who want to be a famous person for a moment. In mental hospitals there are plenty of 'queenies' and other royalty personages.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join