It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

I haven't attacked anyone, but you sure seem to be a bit of a jerk. First of all, how am I being conned? I have't given him any money. I'm not even sure your diatribe is worthy of a response from me but clearly you seem to have anger problems.

Second, I doubt his family is using a ghost box, or maybe they are?? Who are you to decide?

Third, I am a skeptic. A real skeptic, not someone who blindly believes anything but also not someone who immediately shuts out possibilities. It's called having an open mind with critical thinking. Something you apparently do not have.

You on the other hand, well, carry on with your head in the sand because you mean nothing to me. "Mockery is the last refuge of a bankrupt intellect." - J Olberg
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Einstein.

Have a nice day

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Im a Marty

That book sounds really good i am going to give it a read.

a reply to: FlySolo

Thanks, have you had much luck with it now since learning how to properly use it?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not sure if someone pointed this out already, because as usual the threads getting blown up with craziness

EXPLANATION INCOMING:

This spirit box he uses is basically just a radio that changes stations or frequencies like 4 stations per second. So his theory is pretty much that the spirits will control that and "filter through" their messages. That being said, this can be explained: Robin Williams died August 11, 2014. The earliest video posted I could find was this one posted by the OP, POSTED August 23 by this "Paranormal investigator". Not even 2 weeks after he died. All that is happening here is he's hearing Robin's voice on the multiple radio stations that WOULD be broadcasting clips of his voice, just like ANY media station would with ANY celebrity.

...PLUS I seriously doubt he made the recording on August 23, but instead some day closer where he's be guaranteed to be at least talked about on every station, and simply sat on it for a week or so BECAUSE OF THIS FACT!
I bet $100 he wouldn't be able to make "contact" again with the same radio. Because there's no stations playing his voice this far from the tragic incident resulting in his passing. R.I.P Peace
edit on 19-12-2014 by Arrestme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
oops double post

edit on 19-12-2014 by Arrestme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I'm fighting a bad cold today and have been sleeping most of it off so I haven't played with it much. However with that said, the developer told me it takes months if not years to perfect it. Need to load the recording into other programs to tweak the hz and filter out ambient noise. Things like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: DAVID64

So he's hoaxing huh? Putting your opinion aside for a moment, then the voice does sound like Robin for you to claim hoax doesn't it?

Getting back to the hoax comment...

bullocks.

The sad thing is there are con-artists and tricksters and other pretenders out there, like the person who made the video posted, who are more then willing to pray on people like you.
People like you who are so willing to believe in anything because you already believe such nonsense is actually possible.
You do not even entertain the thought that it isn't possible, because you are so completely wrapped up in this nonsense that you even attack other people who don't believe in this nonsense.

So Robbin Williams, dead for quite a while now, has decided to speak from the after life to some random trickster?
Why wouldn't he communicate with his family? You know, the people he loved, the people who mattered most in his life, the people who are MOST AFFECTED BY HIS PASSING.

It isn't that sad that you actually believe this person contacted Robin Williams, but that you actually believe and want to discuss the nonsense that this person claims Robin Williams has said from the after life.

You obviously didn't listen to what the 'trickster' actually said, and are having a problem, even being a proper skeptic...The recording was done the day of his death.

Regardless of that, perhaps an expert opinion of how this trickery is being performed? Keep in mind, this method is being used by several 'tricksters' who are getting the same results from this - and saliently, not from people of note (like R.W.)...the family of R.W. may have indeed received messages from R.W. - and what makes you think they would share this with a whole bunch of internet skeptics who could come up with any number of excuses why it is a money making exercise on the part of the family? Those ridiculous claims could be perpetrated without any kind of explanation of any sort - that's not even skepticism, that's complete denial without any sort of investigation worthy of discussion.

A99

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrestme
Not sure if someone pointed this out already, because as usual the threads getting blown up with craziness

EXPLANATION INCOMING:

This spirit box he uses is basically just a radio that changes stations or frequencies like 4 stations per second. So his theory is pretty much that the spirits will control that and "filter through" their messages. That being said, this can be explained: Robin Williams died August 11, 2014. The earliest video posted I could find was this one posted by the OP, POSTED August 23 by this "Paranormal investigator". Not even 2 weeks after he died. All that is happening here is he's hearing Robin's voice on the multiple radio stations that WOULD be broadcasting clips of his voice, just like ANY media station would with ANY celebrity.

...PLUS I seriously doubt he made the recording on August 23, but instead some day closer where he's be guaranteed to be at least talked about on every station, and simply sat on it for a week or so BECAUSE OF THIS FACT!
I bet $100 he wouldn't be able to make "contact" again with the same radio. Because there's be no stations playing his voice this far from his tragic passing. Peace

To your first paragraph...You haven't finished it...How is a digital radio cycling through stations meant to string together the answers to a specific question? That R.W.'s voice was on the airwaves is indisputable - Finish your explanation off (it sounds almost acceptable)...

A99

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

you're right, I did not mention it since I thought it was pretty much obvious that you can translate these voices to say anything. In fact I retranslated a few of the subtitles he superinposed over the voices to other things more accurate, and that even would fit better into the "story". People have been doing this a lot, like with backtracking & playing songs backwards for example, but it's especially doable with a system like this with every radio station being heard for a fraction of a second. It would be impossible NOT to string together little phrases.

ALSO, I was right and this was done the DAY he took his life (probably more accurate to say the day after, since he was found the next day). So it would DEFINITELY be impossible for someone NOT to hear his voice on the radio, even if they were scanning through stations that fast.
If you watch the video, those "answers" aren't even really answers to his question. This would explain his "bad translations", because he has to change it a tiny bit, or add little dubious words on to make it a response. That's it and that's all.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The success in getting others to contemplate and speculate on this being a "real contact", is from this dubious system. Mostly by his distracting from his purposefully "mistranslated" words, with getting people to argue about whether it sounds like him or not. As well as the "humanitarian" reasons behind posting it. It's genius really. Because the only true fact we know is that it is most definitely his voice, since the radio WOULD be playing homage to him the day after his announced death. The rest is sold once the viewer agrees it is his voice, & convinced there's no humanitarian problem with listening to it. They wouldn't know about how the Ghost box works unless they went to another video.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No it's not because he didn't take into consideration that this isn't the first EVP. Lots of families speak to their loved ones wth a ghost box whom aren't or ever been on the radio. Also the first evp was recorded on a record back in the 20's.

That explanation wasn't well thought through

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I don't need to discredit any other recording to discredit this one (even though those could easily be refuted with the same concept that; sentences can be strung together from different radio stations, I do it all the time with songs for fun).
With other "radio contacts", why are the voices never the same as their relative? Sometimes even different genders? It's because its a radio. This one about Robin Williams was able exploit "that little problem" about the voices not being the same as the deceased. WATCH HIM DO IT AGAIN WITH ANOTHER CELEB AS BIG AS ROBIN WHO DIES.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

you're right, I did not mention it since I thought it was pretty much obvious that you can translate these voices to say anything. In fact I retranslated a few of the subtitles he superinposed over the voices to other things more accurate, and that even would fit better into the "story". People have been doing this a lot, like with backtracking & playing songs backwards for example, but it's especially doable with a system like this with every radio station being heard for a fraction of a second. It would be impossible NOT to string together little phrases.

ALSO, I was right and this was done the DAY he took his life (probably more accurate to say the day after, since he was found the next day). So it would DEFINITELY be impossible for someone NOT to hear his voice on the radio, even if they were scanning through stations that fast.
If you watch the video, those "answers" aren't even really answers to his question. This would explain his "bad translations", because he has to change it a tiny bit, or add little dubious words on to make it a response. That's it and that's all.

Indeed you can translate anything to sound like anything...what is being said is questionable in this instance - but, many of his recordings are not as garbled, and there really isn't a question of 'mistranslation' when Huffs name is broadcast (in the same manner as all the recordings)...it's just that the voices do not belong to anyone famous...Why would the word Huff be broadcast?...and in response to a question asking who he is?...again, how is this done?...The obvious answer is HOAX...'That's it and that's all'.

A99

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I don't need to discredit any other recording to discredit this one (even though those could easily be refuted with the same concept that; sentences can be strung together from different radio stations, I do it all the time with songs for fun).
With other "radio contacts", why are the voices never the same as their relative? Sometimes even different genders? It's because its a radio. This one about Robin Williams was able exploit "that little problem" about the voices not being the same as the deceased. WATCH HIM DO IT AGAIN WITH ANOTHER CELEB AS BIG AS ROBIN WHO DIES.
Cheers

You haven't discredited anything...you've given some half-baked explanation, and discredited everything based on your opinion of one short recording...cos, all cats have tails, dogs have tails, dogs are cats...

To your 4th sentence...If you did not have the power of speech, your hand signals to try to communicate would be confusing too...mistranslated...ever played charades, pictionary?

A99
edit on 19-12-2014 by akushla99 because: addd

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This thread is on the 1st page of ATS for some days now.

This is astonishing since it's one of the worst examples of EVPs I have ever heard. Those who are impressed by those very questionable "EVPs" in this video have probably never read or heard anything on that topic before.

I recommend you start here with two free ebooks which are rather good:

www.angelsghosts.com...

Including the account of the pioneer of EVP, Jürgenson, very interesting.
Another extremely interesting (and extremely rare!) book on the topic is by John G. Fuller, "The Ghost of 29 Megacycles", extraordinary account of when they built a machine called "Spiricom" with whom a researcher was allegedly able to communicate with a deceased professor.

Some more good links:
en.wikipedia.org...

My personal opinion there is that I am not sure what to think about EVP in general, whether it's really "entities" (dead? parallel universe?) communicating or whether it's a phenomenon that origins from ourselves, or simple a form of auditory pareidolia. (The "best" EVPs are of course those where there is no doubt that someone is indeed talking, those allegedly exist, but the Video in the OP sure doesn't belong there....imho it's really junk).

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Nothing was half baked, and nothing of my main points were "thought up of". I only added my opinions, which again I don't have to for all other "EVP incidents". I'm not even trying to say it's fake, but this one has been officially: DEBUNKED. You'd think you people who believe in this stuff would want to weed out what's real against the odds, and what can be verifiably proven to be SOMETHING ELSE. That's what this was.

In case anyone is reading just the last page, and not my original debunking, here it is quoted again!

EXPLANATION INCOMING:

I bet $100 he wouldn't be able to make "contact" again with the same radio. Because there's no stations playing his voice this far from the tragic incident resulting in his passing. R.I.P Peace

UPDATE: After further scrutiny of the video, he even says himself it was recorded the DAY AFTER HIS DEATH!! It's proof that what's most likely happening here is Robin Williams is being played on multiple radio stations, and by him flicking through them, he'll eventually be able to string together a sentence. In this case, they weren't even "replies", he just "translated" them to be so.

HAXED
this joe race card # off bro life is what you make it if you want it take it the freedom aint free clean bumble bee ill swing feel the sting....
& to the 4, Joe E. race card showin up @ ur door!

edit on 19-12-2014 by Arrestme because: joe card

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: uncommitted
Please read your own source, it says 'dating back to at least the 11th century' which maps to my comment.

As I said -
The term for Catholics dates back to that time period.
The concept is ancient. Thousands and thousands of years old.
I gave the evidence of this.
Purgatory and restless souls with unfinished business are not a Catholic invention.

The voice attributed to Robin Williams fits what a soul in 'purgatory' would say.

Traces back to what ancient culture/religion? I'm interested.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

...You'd think you people who believe in this stuff would want to weed out what's real against the odds, and what can be verifiably proven to be SOMETHING ELSE.....

Why would you think that? Most people think belief is fact. The last thing they want is to have to reason critically.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
This is astonishing since it's one of the worst examples of EVPs I have ever heard.

It's not an EVP. It's a spirit box. They aren't exactly the same thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on whether I think your explanation was half-baked, or not. No-one has said R.W.'s voice would not be on the radio to be 'scanned' and interpreted...that's missing the point...and you are quite welcome to believe that it is 'DEFINITELY DEBUNKED BY ME' by believing that all dogs are cats...and 'critically scrutinise'...give me a break einstein...

Forget the R.W. video...how does a digital radio scanning across stations, stop at phrases, snippets of song lyrics, that for the most part, coincidentally answer given questions?...your expert opinion.

This method pretty much mirrors the psychic, ouija board, tape recorder methods...the debunk for just these 3 are as follows...schizophrenia or hoaxer, magnets or hoaxer, acquired radio transmission (only audible on playback) or hoaxer...and anyone who has experienced these on thier own is hoaxing themselves...obviously, or they are just soft in the head...easy peasy...

Å99

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

'You'd think you people who believe in this stuff would want to weed out what's real against the odds, and what can be verifiably proven to be SOMETHING ELSE.' Quote Arrestme

...then 'verifiably prove' it to be something else...and get back to us with the results...

Å99

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join