It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I'm such a dumbass sometimes. I stared at that STM for way too long trying to figure out what it stood for. When I realized it wasn't probably shaking the mayonnaise it all clicked. SMH

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: WhiteAlice

It's clear that Springer and several ATS Mods responded to Proob4.

STM

Oh you mean by responding to the thread with jokes about making an ATS calendar?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

It's clear that Springer and several ATS Mods responded to Proob4.

STM

Yes it was, their responses humbled me. Again I am sane and the whole plasma thing is not carved into stone still i pass thier checks.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I thought Springers response was perfect. Seemed very genuine and understanding. I think maybe you missed when I quoted his reply on the last page.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

What would we do then if the site went permanently down?

That was an issue I brought up in another thread.

What if ATS has to shut down because it has become more expensive to maintain than it brings in.........it shuts down. Is ATS our life and we are so addicted to it that we are willing to go to extremes to help them keep it going?

What they give is gold right?

They do give us a fine sight to go to.....no doubt.

But what do we give them? We, the members, have filled their site with content and adhere to T&C's that make up the core of what ATS is. We have already given them gold.

Well, we used to. Perhaps ATS is also in decline because it seems the quality of our threads have sunk to new lows.

Don't ever forget that WE are what makes ATS and they would have no reason to beg for money if there wasn't a potential to capitalize off of what WE do on this site.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I have to help them, I have to.

You probably missed it because it got deleted, but last night you inspired me to donate in your name when you mentioned you were going through a rough patch. You also inspired Windword to do the same thing.

Wait until you're on your feet. Your content contributions and spirit have already helped quite a bit.

This should be the last of worries at the moment, and you've already helped more than you probably realize.
Please Domo1 read my past post. I came across this whole plasma thing as new possible income for me. if i can and am able to donate plasma it will be new income for me. I am currently on minimums and this would help me tremendously. Why not pay it forward?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Why not pay it forward?

You CAN pay it forward........LATER. Right now, your blood money is unacceptable.

How's your Worker's Comp case, still ongoing I hope? Don't give up. It took almost 3 years to settle my case, but I was able to buy a house with my settlement $$$.

Hang in there!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I thought Springers response was perfect. Seemed very genuine and understanding. I think maybe you missed when I quoted his reply on the last page.

How about an actual link to the post in question because I've looked a few times and still haven't seen that. In fact, the mod that responded to me didn't refer to it either. See the little pushpin button? Click that and post the link.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

What would we do then if the site went permanently down?

That was an issue I brought up in another thread.

What if ATS has to shut down because it has become more expensive to maintain than it brings in.........it shuts down. Is ATS our life and we are so addicted to it that we are willing to go to extremes to help them keep it going?

What they give is gold right?

They do give us a fine sight to go to.....no doubt.

But what do we give them? We, the members, have filled their site with content and adhere to T&C's that make up the core of what ATS is. We have already given them gold.

Well, we used to. Perhaps ATS is also in decline because it seems the quality of our threads have sunk to new lows.

Don't ever forget that WE are what makes ATS and they would have no reason to beg for money if there wasn't a potential to capitalize off of what WE do on this site.
I understand all that, and yes i have seen a decline in quality post's, I think that has to do with the "Already been posted" thing. There is only so many things happening and it's a shame so many updated threads that some never heard about go to this "bin" But there is still hidden gold if you look.

I think that ATS really should consider Clemency for some banned posters. Some where banned in bad ways as far as i am concerned. Not saying unban menard, but there has been some quality posters that are gone. Hell i believe if ATS offered a "Clemency" they might actually reach their goal and then some.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

How about an actual link to the post in question because I've looked a few times and still haven't seen that. In fact, the mod that responded to me didn't refer to it either. See the little pushpin button? Click that and post the link.
Come on, please don't flack me over wanting to help.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I get you man. If you can donate plasma it's your money to do with as you see fit. I personally think you should use it in a different way, but as it was pointed out it's none of my business.

I don't think people who are going through financial difficulty should donate. I donated because I consider ATS a wonderful distraction and entertaining. It's like paying for TV. If you can, go for it. If you're broke, don't.

Can I offer a stupid analogy? Let's say you and I were buds and you really wanted to get me something for my birthday but you didn't have a lot of cash. It would mean more to me if you came over and helped me paint or do yard work than buying me something. Your contributions to the site are like that, and as I've mentioned you already inspired two of us. Probably more.

You're appreciated and valued, you're already helping. You don't need to give money to help.

Whatever you decide, I wish you good luck. Keep your head up man.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Here you go

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

My friend, you never, ever, have to feel obligated to donate to ATS.

You take care of yourself first.

If, after you have your basics covered and you still have an extra fiver, go buy yourself a good cigar, a hamburger, whatever you want. Please don't concern yourself with this site at this point.

It's obvious to me at least that we have your support in a very meaningful way just based on what you posted, that's worth much more than any money could be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Springer

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Not criticizing you, my dear. I am asking the moderators and site owners a question as to why is it that they aren't addressing your concerns in which you think you need to donate plasma in order to save their site.

I'm asking because, as a poster here, I am concerned (to put it very mildly) over the lack of response to you directly from any mod or site owner in deterring such a thing on ethical grounds. It makes me wonder whether I was wrong about ATS all along and whether or not the site itself supports their members actually draining plasma from their bodies to help support them.

I find that sketchy as hell.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Here you go

Proob brought up donating plasma on page 22. That is a post from page 13 before the fact. There has been zero direct response to plasma donation for getting that extra dough to donate to ATS. That is where I have a huge problem.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Not criticizing you, my dear. I am asking the moderators and site owners a question as to why is it that they aren't addressing your concerns in which you think you need to donate plasma in order to save their site.

I'm asking because, as a poster here, I am concerned (to put it very mildly) over the lack of response to you directly from any mod or site owner in deterring such a thing on ethical grounds. It makes me wonder whether I was wrong about ATS all along and whether or not the site itself supports their members actually draining plasma from their bodies to help support them.

mod did come in and comment a few pages ago. Why do i feel like i have handlers again? y know maybe Skeptic and others are away or sleeping, they cant be here 24/7 and it's a Friday night to boot. Please just stop, your hampering on my freewill.
ETA: I consider donating plasma if I can a job. Why is that so hard to get past for you? I am or will not be donating actual blood. Just plasma.And i am not specifically going to re-donate all i get from plasma donation either, i need cash for myself too. Like I said this whole plasma donation thing if it pans out is a new and much needed income for me.
edit on 12/19/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You're trippin.

Seriously. Let it go. They and other addressed it appropriately.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I think given the response I quoted it's quite clear Springer would not encourage him to donate blood to make a contribution.

I'm not particularly fond of the way you were responded to by a mod, but I have to agree with him. It's proob's money and all we can do is advise him not to donate.

The admins aren't here 24/7, and there aren't that many to being with. I can give them a pass for not being here on Friday night.

Mods don't get to read everything instantaneously.

Check your U2Us in 5-10 minutes please.
edit on 1920141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow all this when i was only trying to let ATS know that I plan to help somehow. Please people please.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join