It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from but you are a little late to the party.

You have missed a lot, like the past several years, the part where people asked for a 5 dollar donation option and they said if you do not have 10 dollars then please do not donate.

And a whole load more. If you are genuine then go back and read the entire thread. If not then do not.

I understand this is not my place to speak on the matter and appologise if I have stepped out of line in this.

a reply to: RednWhite

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RednWhite

No different than a charity does but this is not for a good cause.

You don't think supporting ATS is a "good cause". Fine. Don't donate. But don't tell me what is and what isn't a "good cause".

This thread is filled with testimony from members of how this site has helped them, in various ways. I would bet that the website that you regularly visit is the fine place that is because of their members' experience with ATS and its community of members, in the way of manners and debate skills, before they were banned!

edit on 19-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

originally posted by: proob4
I think i might have found a way to help ATS. I was at the shelter's community center yesterday and a man i was playing dominoes with told about this plasma donation place. They pay money for your plasma and pay you through a Visa prepaid card. he said it was pretty easy to donate and you can do it twice a week. This is good news for me too cause I don't have any income right now. So I am going to go there next week and look into it and see if i can donate, then i can re-donate to you guys! I just have to pass a physical and a blood test. I am healthy and have no diseases so I should be good.

Please, please, please reconsider the use of these funds. If you have no income, surely there are things that you need that take precedence over any website. Your basic needs trump that of anything online in my most humble of opinions. I sincerely hope that your life takes an upward turn soon. You seem like a very kind and generous person. You most definitely deserve good karma coming your way.
I consider ATS my only home and family right now. loosing ATS would be very very bad for me at this point in my life. Too many Friends, ideas, and news for me to loose. I would feel so cutoff if ATS died. I have to help them, I have to. This forum has done a lot for me. I mean that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
Come off it. No one's twisting arms here. Donating is a voluntary action.

I support whatever ATS needs to do to keep the quality and integrity of this site.

I know it's voluntary and do hope it remains open to all forever. Whatever the future holds, I've appreciated my time here.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: suz62
+1 for the calendar. Get SO in there too. wink, wink

We're going to need a wide angle lens for my guns… I've been back to the gym.

Pics or it didn't happen. Something like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

He said he's been to the gym, so more like this I'm thinking.

Even got the hair right, oops did I say that out loud??

edit on 19-12-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: proob4

Gonna pimp your blood for ATS???

Now that is devotion!

And goes for a good cause all the way around.
I used to donate/sell my plasma regularly. It got me through a few years of being rather poor.
I think it worked out to be something like around 200 a month if done on a regular basis,
and that was back in the late 80's,early 90's.

Yes that's what Fred (at the recreation center) said too. I am excited $200 or even $100 a month would greatly improve my life right now. I am so stoked to do this!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I think i might have found a way to help ATS. I was at the shelter's community center yesterday and a man i was playing dominoes with told about this plasma donation place. They pay money for your plasma and pay you through a Visa prepaid card. he said it was pretty easy to donate and you can do it twice a week. This is good news for me too cause I don't have any income right now. So I am going to go there next week and look into it and see if i can donate, then i can re-donate to you guys! I just have to pass a physical and a blood test. I am healthy and have no diseases so I should be good.

Please, please, please reconsider the use of these funds. If you have no income, surely there are things that you need that take precedence over any website. Your basic needs trump that of anything online in my most humble of opinions. I sincerely hope that your life takes an upward turn soon. You seem like a very kind and generous person. You most definitely deserve good karma coming your way.
I consider ATS my only home and family right now. loosing ATS would be very very bad for me at this point in my life. Too many Friends, ideas, and news for me to loose. I would feel so cutoff if ATS died. I have to help them, I have to. This forum has done a lot for me. I mean that.

Merry Christmas Proob4. I just donated $10 on your behalf. #7NG09457JL0135505

I gave plasma for a while. I felt really healthy after doing it. Take that $10 and get yourself a good, low fat, meal instead!

edit on 19-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Any business that goes into the red for a single month should be able to weather it. I'm an accountant myself. Business doesn't always go smoothly and ATS is a business. SkepticOverlord, at the beginning of this thread, implored those who could not afford to donate to not do it. It's unfortunate that no one responded to you with a reminder of SO's own words directly and I find that fact absolutely disturbing. While what you are talking about doing is no doubt noble, I'm sure that they can survive without your donation. Please don't undergo plasma donation for this as it does open you up to poor health when right now that is one of the things that you have absolutely going for you.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Why can't I put a thousand stars on this member's post?

Nothing could possibly capture the community spirit better than this.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

LOL

A penny for your stars............

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Awesome.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For all that ATS has been to me (and others, I imagine), Despite what some others have said, this is a "good" cause.

ATS isn't the average, everyday, CT forums site. Sure, it has its wet rags (as any site does), but all in all, it is chock full of decent people, who are engaging in the honest discussion of a great many topics (often edifying others without realizing it) of import.

Anyone that utilizes ATS on a daily basis, for whatever reason (sharing knowledge, gaining knowledge, looking for a good fight, etc.), if they have the financial means to do so, should consider donating an imperative.

If I find that I am in a position to do so (after bills, holidays, family, etc.), I will give to help this site.

My only regret, is that I cannot commit to donating without hesitation, due to issues that are plaguing many people these days.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Merry Christmas Proob4. I just donated $10 on your behalf. #7NG09457JL0135505

I gave plasma for a while. I felt really healthy after doing it. Take that $10 and get yourself a good, low fat, meal instead!

Thanks for that, But i seriously feel that i need to do my part. I don't mind Donating to donate to ATS. Why not? i will still have a new found income (if i pass) And i will get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing i contributed to a cause again.
Seriously i have to do this somehow. ATS means a lot to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Any business that goes into the red for a single month should be able to weather it. I'm an accountant myself. Business doesn't always go smoothly and ATS is a business. SkepticOverlord, at the beginning of this thread, implored those who could not afford to donate to not do it. It's unfortunate that no one responded to you with a reminder of SO's own words directly and I find that fact absolutely disturbing. While what you are talking about doing is no doubt noble, I'm sure that they can survive without your donation. Please don't undergo plasma donation for this as it does open you up to poor health when right now that is one of the things that you have absolutely going for you.

Well to me it's a new income source, which I don't have no other right now. Secondly, why not help a forum that has helped me on so many levels? If this forum died a big part of what keeps me going on a daily level will also die. Before i get flack about internet usage, I stay with a friend sometimes and use hid PC or i use the PC at the shelter's rec center. just so we are clear on that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Actually you don't have to. If you want to you can. If you are thinking of selling body fluids to contribute to ATS, perhaps you have other issues, and need to focus on your own wellness, not so much on ATS.

Good luck, all the best to you and yours. No matter what you choose to do.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Why can't I put a thousand stars on this member's post?

Nothing could possibly capture the community spirit better than this.

Wow.
Yes that was very thoughtful and very generous. I hope this member stays blessed for a very very long time.
This is what it's all about really. This is ATS!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just my worthless 2 cents, but I think we have opened a big can of worms here.

I've already made it known that I do not find it "cool" to donate money to a for-profit business, especially when their revenue is generated by the work the members provide for free, but has anyone else thought of what may come of all of this?

First, let's say that a member decides to donate the max amount, $2500. Are they still subject to the same level of tolerance from the staff and admin as the rest of us? If they do something that would get the rest of us banned, would they be given a slap on the wrist since they donated such a large amount?

Now you might say, the staff will not know whom donated what, but people have been posting confirmation numbers and amounts in this thread. If someone donated $2500.....they will brag about it and we will know. How will we feel when someone that donated to the sight gets banned? Will there be backlash for that?

Also, it has been suggested that ATS may be able to "compensate financially" those members that contribute considerably to the sight.

That means those threads that generate page hits.....flags, etc. What seems to generate the most flags/attention on ATS?

The extreme threads.

Haven't we seen that many threads that generate the most attention and flags seem to be extreme political threads that tend to be rooted in absolute nonsense?

How does that favor the future of ATS when they are possibly going to pay the people that post false and misleading information to further their political agenda or beliefs?

Seems to me that this entire idea is setting ATS up to be nothing more than an elitist GLP where you are paid to post your extremist BS nonsense.
edit on 12/19/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well to me it's a new income source, which I don't have no other right now. Secondly, why not help a forum that has helped me on so many levels? If this forum died a big part of what keeps me going on a daily level will also die. Before i get flack about internet usage, I stay with a friend sometimes and use hid PC or i use the PC at the shelter's rec center. just so we are clear on that.

No worries about catching flak about internet usage for me. I'm not one of those people. I even know that homeless people are often given cellphones by family members in the hopes of keeping in contact at least. So, rest assured, I'm not one of those that presumes such things like being online. I'm glad that you have the internet access. Use that money to get yourself back up on your own feet. They will survive.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Actually you don't have to. If you want to you can. If you are thinking of selling body fluids to contribute to ATS, perhaps you have other issues, and need to focus on your own wellness, not so much on ATS.

Good luck, all the best to you and yours. No matter what you choose to do.
I don't look at it that way actually. I just would like to do my part and help. Like i have said in other post's this would open up a new income source for me that is much needed.Right now i get by on bare minimum so what would it hurt to not give? I would still have extra bucks. It's a win, win for both ATS and me the way i see it. Truly i don't mind giving back or paying it forward for those who have helped me recently.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join