It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the most unusual thing you ever had to do at work?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My boss came in, pulled off her cardigan (yes, there was a sleeveless top underneath), and asked me to rub lotion on the 2 new tattoos on the back of her shoulders.

You can't make this stuff up..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
warning. kind of gross

files.abovetopsecret.com...

i think that was pretty unusual

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Another freind of mine is a professional film and tv extra but he does other stuff as well.

Every year he works at an adult entertainment party.

This year his job was to serve canapes stark naked save for a horse head mask.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: derfreebie

i lost a finger in a band saw and ripped my middle finger length wise. a chunk of the bone is gone.
i knew i lost the finger as soon as it happened. i picked my finger up and went to leave. told the supervisor on that side that i cut my finger off and had to go to the hospital. he said i had to go fill out an accident report first.
believe that?
someone gave me a ride and i had my finger on his dash board. i called my wife and told her and she got pissed cause she thought i was messing with her.

and i very much remember what it felt like when it happened.

got pics if you want to see

DOL papered and trained tool maker since '84. No pictures needed bud.
Only Jesus'd a couple times with some tools in the lathe tailstock but
luckily, after all this time can count to ten. My left thumb IS a dowel pin
by now... I used to hit it that often.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Gahhhhh! I was just getting ready to sleep. I would have been mortified if that were me, but I guess if one got mortified this wouldn't happen as frequently as it does. I can see one roach in here during the change of the seasons and I am ready to just almost burn it to the ground.

That gives me the heebeejeebees for sure.

I still can't get over the fact that he laughed...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Our headquarters are down in Texas. several states away right.
well one day a couple of the big bosses came up to check on us.
and boys being boys away from home... I was asked to drive them to a local strip club. on the clock of course. and no I wasn't invited to stay. my job description doesn't include. (cough cough) corporate relations

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Somehow, some way, I just knew you'd have an interesting story or two....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: Psynic

I was sworn to keep it on the Sly.

so it was sylvester stallone?

Why would you think that?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

that made me smile man.
glad i didnt let you down

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
When I was a teen, I worked at a video rental store for a while.
The owner was a sadistic bored rich woman, who had the store as a hobby, and liked dominating the young employees.
One Sunday, on my day off, she calls me up in the morning and tells me I have to come to the store, quickly for an emergency, and hangs up.

A 25 minute drive I get down there, and she lets me in, and shows me to the bathroom, where the toilet had backed up, and her poop was spread all over the floor, in two inches of water.

"The toilet backed up. Fix it and clean that up." she said and turned away to her office.
I sat there staring, unbelieving for a minute, that I had been called in to clean up her mess (and what the f*ck does a 16 year old girl know about repairing toilets anyway???)

Then I just yelled out to her, "Go screw yourself!" and walked out the door, never to come back.
She never called me again either.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I had a similar incident; although I didn't lose anything. I was cutting sag at a plastic factory with a band saw. I'd told them the blade was dull and needed changed but they were too cheap. Well, when I was cutting the slag it the blade made it heat up and it started to melt, causing it to kick back. It jerked my hand right up into the blade. Lucky me it just cut alongside my ring finger and I needed two stitches.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I worked at a factory making auto parts. One of my jobs (which I hated) was to run the spot welder. It wasn't uncommon to have a spark hit me and catch me on fire. There's nothing like feeling really hot and looking down and seeing your crotch in flames. Luckily I never got badly burned.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

glad youre ok.
i was cutting keel blocks with a brinell of 302.
hard as hell man
blade was super hot and jumping all over the place. the blocks were wandering too

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Too many stories to tell.

Many tragic that involve things that people really shouldn't see. Suicide, dismemberment, dead children, decomposition, etc...

That being said I have had some odd experiences that were a little more light hearted.

I have been called to residences because people thought they saw UFO's and even ghosts.

I personally witnessed very bright flashes in the sky above the airport one evening. Multiple people called to report seeing the flashes as well. We of course contacted the airport to see what was going on. Air traffic control stated that they saw it too, but had no idea what it was.

People with mental diseases call a lot and the reasons for them doing so are off the wall.

I have had people point at a towel and tell me to get the snake away from them. I had a guy that would call almost nightly because he said he was being abducted and raped by aliens. I responded to one residence where a man said he was being attacked by monkeys. I had a lady that was convinced the condensation on her vehicle was chemicals poured on by stalkers. When I put my finger on the condensation and licked it she still didn't believe me.

One time I had an alligator under an SUV at the hospital. Quite a ways away from a body of water. I had a raccoon with a peanut butter jar stuck on his head climbing on the entrance gate to an expensive riverfront condo.

I have had to wrestle with escaped naked mentally ill people, and arrest naked people high on drugs.

I discovered a woman naked in the bushes in front of a closed building one evening. When I told her I was going to give her a ride home she threatened me. She specifically said, "how dare you talk to me, I am the assistant manager of Fazoli's!"

Oh man. I am sure I have many more.

edit on 17-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

i got wrapped up in thinking about the finger incident and forgot to say this. i just spaced out

someone had bought a used doge ram from the local ford dealer. it was a trade in
they brought it in for some brake work and it had after market wheel locks on it

i was looking through the inside of the truck for the key and under the drivers seat was a human jaw bone.
we had to call the cops and forensics came out to pick it up. asked us questions and #.

i dont know what ended up happening with it but it made the papers

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ask anyone who has delivered pizza some of the situations they find themselves in.

It isn't so much what you have to do, but how good you are at getting out of the situation.

While I was in the Army, I delivered pizza part time in the evenings. One delivery, a hot looking woman all decked out in bondage gear answered the door and had me come in. She had a leash around her wrist, and she jerked on it and said, "Bring me my purse!" Out crawls a naked man, with a hood over his head.

Needless to say, I got the money and got the hell out of there as quickly as possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's funny how your mind works.

You would assume that would be the kind of thing that would spring to mind in a thread like this.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

it did. i was going to write it in my first post that i made but i started thinking about the finger incident and my daughter is banging on the wall cause she does not want to nap so i had to get up a couple times when i was writing it.
i just spaced out and forgot

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's stories like that that make life worth living, I bet no one believed you when you got back!

I knew a guy that set up as a naked handyman, he charged £100 an hour ( a serious amount of money back then) to visit rich high powered ladies and gentlemen and perform basic jobs and housework wearing just a tool belt.

He gave it up in the end as he found it just to wierd.

a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Ask anyone who has delivered pizza some of the situations they find themselves in.

Every once in a awhile it would get so busy that I would jump in and help the delivery people out on the weekend. There was one customer who would answer the door in only his tightie whities and must have been 5'8" and 250lbs. He was pasty white and looked like he was wearing mohair pajamas even though he only had on underwear.

Eventually all of them picked up on the address and refused to deliver there so I ended up taking 'fur whale' his food every Friday or Saturday. Thankfully he was a pretty good tipper.

edit on 17-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join