It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked: Hollywood's BRILLIANT Plan To Curb Piracy. Hint: THEY ARE IDIOTS.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: devious003
a reply to: roadgravel

Type in 72.20.39.176

In the browser and it will take you right too the above top secret website.

Use network tools website to find the actual address by punching in the dns name example "above top secret" then copy and paste addresses into a word document and save it for all your sites.

Try it

If it has a static IP for the site. Try some other virtual sites and you will see.

Looks like 3 people miss it.
edit on 12/19/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

LOL! This is absolutely ridiculous. Leave it to Hollywood to come up with some bull# idea like this to protect their own asses. Every Registrar on the planet will sue the ever living balls out of the MPAA if they actually try to make moves on this.

Edit: Also, SnF for the awesome post as usual Heff. I like your style.
edit on 19-12-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I have and will always download crap. I also go to the movies all the time.

The only reason I download movies is because the studios insist on releasing crap or re-hatched crap for money

I will not spend money on a film that is crap.

I buy what I want/need. I would taste all the apples I bought if some of them tasted like ground up worms every now and again.

Its crap like this that is proposed that makes me shy from main stream music.
its crap like this that will make me shy from movies too.

dont force my hand unless you want the back end of it.

edit on 12 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: devious003

Try one with a different configuration.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

IP Address: 66.96.145.101
Host: thelivingmoon.com

Doesn't work for every website without a header.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: brookster18
a reply to: charlyv
I think your pontificating on the idea of free.

Free access to informationand free access to posting content.

The fibre lines are paid for by the bills for broadband supply. We pay for access to the internet. We always have.

However, the content was free.

I meant free in all of its implications. Point being, the drain that is lost revenue will gradually sink the most worthy ship.
It comes down to paying more to be able to subscribe to the internet, or figuring out a reasonable way to plug the drain that keeps it from sustaining itself. Change will happen in either case.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I have and will always download crap. I also go to the movies all the time.

The only reason I download movies is because the studios insist on releasing crap or re-hatched crap for money

I will not spend money on a film that is crap.

I buy what I want/need. I would taste all the apples I bought if some of them tasted like ground up worms every now and again.

Its crap like this that is proposed that makes me shy from main stream music.
its crap like this that will make me shy from movies too.

dont force my hand unless you want the back end of it.

Agree completely, I have paid for so many movies where all the action is whats shown in the trailer, the rest of the movie is bile. Purposely and legally misselling and am I allowed a refund - ummm...no.

Just last week I bought Far Cry 4 - now if someone had told me it is EXACTLY the same as Far Cry 3 but in the Himalayas I would not have shelled out $70 looking at computer generated mountains. Can I get my money back? No.

And how many times have a bought a CD on the whim that the title song which was awesome may reflect on the quality of the other songs on the album and been soo wrong.

So there is your 3 massive industries who moan about piracy, Movie, Music and Computer Gaming and guess what, if you dont like it, tough.

Also, I hate the movie theatres, I dont want to sit in a movie theatre to watch films, prefer to do it at home where I can sit in my underwear and eat chips and drink beer.

And, and....I pay for a movie ticket, I pay for the same movie on Satellite and yet I dont have the right to record what I have paid for to watch it twice? Or on a different media?

Bite me.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
The entertainment industry born in Hollywood California is a rancid cesspool, that needs to burn. It's an industry that had a rare opportunity to enlighten not only America, but the world as a whole.

Yet instead of utilizing their media monopoly to empower mankind, they chose to employ it to incarcerate and control the human mind.

It's about time this degenerate self-serving industry was called out. I look forward to watching it slowly burn, until it's nothing more than a small pile of smoldering disinfected ashes.

It's not their job to be mind controllers and educators. Relying on Hollywood to help us grow up and walk the straight and narrow.......well, that's why it's called entertainment. Hollywood makes what sells.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That was a problem early on, but sites like the temporarily defunct thepiratebay and other sites have a system where the provider is rated. So its all far less random if somebody gets a letter he posts it right away in the comments.

Quality streaming affordable services are already curbing piracy. In the end people will probably use both, Amazon prime, netflix or equivalent and torrents to close any gaps. The industry will get their money, as it has been payed in the past. No worries there.

Despite all the complaints about piracy, movie games, music has been a growth sector. Games do not even have a netflix equivalent AND YET video games are bigger than everything else.
People do not go to the cinema because they want to steal the movie, they do not go to the cinema because for many Americans lower wages (adjusted for inflation) and 14 hour days have become the norm.
edit on 21-12-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm much like the guy in the video. I prefer to watch movies at home - with the sole exception of new Star Wars films ( I geek out for those and have to see them opening weekend on a HUGE screen ). But even then, as excited as I am to be taking part in an experience that makes me feel like a kid again ( Star Wars flicks ), I find myself cursing like a bitter old man for much of the experience. The words "Let me get this straight... Your 'small' drink is 48 ounces and costs nine bucks and your 'small' popcorn could feed five and is eleven bucks - after I paid fifteen just to walk in the door????" have left my mouth more than once.

That and the ever-present reality that the 2,000 ounce Pepsi you bought, before watching an hour of previews, suddenly hits ones bladder right at the most crucial scene in the movie - leaving you with very personal and difficult situations regarding your bodies health or the opinions of those around you.

At home? Snacks and drinks at will and affordable, pause button for bathroom breaks. NOT being in a room with 300 teenagers all of whom totally ignored the "silence your cell phone" advertisement that ran twelve times during the hour long preview session.

Yeah, watching at home is better. Now why doesn't Hollywood have the insight to create a streaming service, on demand, for people like me? A chance for folks like me to order and watch a new release at home on opening night?

I would pay a premium for that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
All I gotta say is if you make a good movie, I'll go and pay to see it in theaters. If you make crap, Ill download it and save my money.
You will never stop people from downloading free stuff online. It just wont happen. For every site they shut down, two more will pop up. It is the way the world works now. Anything you create and publish.... is up for free grabs... sorry, but that's the reality of the internet. Don't make garbage and you can still make money.

edit on 23-12-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The film/movie industry needs to get with the times.

Movie theaters are old hat and personally I don't care for the filthy places.

It's time to release new movies on line to enjoy in the comfort of my own home rather than to go to a theater where some dill wad is on his/her cell phone, or talking to much or too loud, or kids are screaming.....etc.

Funnel new movies through the internet and charge me for them through my monthly TV bill. So much easier than loading up the family and going to a theater.

Theaters are just an old legacy that needs to go away.

Sure some of you will say how much you enjoy going to see the big screen.....blah blah blah......remember than when you are pulling gum from your shoe, watching the bright screen of someone's phone who needs to post to twitter during the movie, having that tall guy sit in front of you, listen to someone chomping on their goodies.....and the list is endless.

I am okay with piracy. I end up buying movies, music and books that I like so that I can enjoy them again.
edit on 23-12-2014 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind visiting the cinemas once in a while, however it has become an extraordinary expensive luxury. It is simply not worth it to spend such an amount of money when, say, two people go to the movies and would have to spend €30 for some 90 mins movie, a coke and some popcorn. This is just crazy. (Cost for the ride and in some cases bus or cab not even taken into account).

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't have much to add, but if the industry actually created content worthy of purchasing -- I think more people would buy.

What I mean is, most of the entertainment out there today is "fast food" quality. Chew it up, spit it out. What's on the radio this week won't be on the radio next week.

The industry needs to work harder on giving people an incentive to buy their products instead of pirating them. Why would someone pay $15 to see a movie that sucks when they can DL it for free and delete it when they decide they don't like it?

The industry also did this to themselves by moving into digital. When CD's came out I *KNEW* that since the format was digital, it just threw the doors wide open to piracy. Once you reduce media down to 1's and 0's -- it makes it much easier/faster to duplicate and share. It's a little more involved to copy a vinyl record.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I was going to say the same thing. In fact, thousands of 'piratebays' showed up after the crackdown in the form of proxies. There are portals that will find you one with a single click. If anything, it made 'piracy' easier by expanding our options many, many times over.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I agree with other posters here - Just because the "name" of a website vanishes doesn't mean it doesn't exist (I'm a newer generation engineer, and yet I still know somewhat how to find places by IP Address alone).

Almost hate to say it, but if Hollywood truly wants to "curb" piracy, then you need to market it under a different label. Spotify is a perfect example of adapting to modern times (and, as much as I hate to admit it, Xfinity Online TV as well). In the old days, if someone released an album that I wanted to hear, Demonoid probably had it for me to sample. Now, I just have to wait a couple days, and I can find it on Spotify and listen to the whole thing for free. Same with TV shows - don't have cable and don't mind waiting a bit? Get to watch it free.

Hollywood should offer their own version of the same thing - Don't like the video being interrupted every 10 minutes by ads? Pay a one time small fee to see the entire film (with no ads), a larger (yearly) fee to keep the ads away for good, and a cheaper price to just download the film. The cheaper it is online, the more likely it is someone will pay for it.

-fossilera

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

The IANA entrusts five entities with assigning IP addresses - in the case of North America the organization invovled is ARIN. Their website is also somewhat interesting..

The point is that DNS is controlled by a handful of people and the go-to argument is that IP's will still be there. Well... the IP's are also controlled by a handful of people.

If collusion were to exist between these two groups? No Internet at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join