It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Brings Scientists & Theologians Together To Prepare World For Extraterrestrial Contact

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I always wonder... if/when a massive ship shows up in Earth's atmosphere with humanoid type beings saying they are from a galaxy so far away that we have no way of verifying it... how many would just automatically believe them?

They are humanoid but not human. Hmmm? Let me think... I think I would be tempted to believe they aren't from here. Yeah, automatically. And what do you mean by "we have no way of verifying it" you mean like a birth certificate? Long form?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

It a very good book called "Are We Alone? Philosophical Implications of the Discovery of Extraterrestrial Life" by Dr. Paul Davies of Arizona State University. I highly recommend any interested in these questions pick it up.

thanks!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

A couple of months ago top US astronomers gathered in front of congress to let them know that extraterrestrial life exists without question

Uhm, wouldn't that be disclosure and wouldn't they need scientific proof to make such a claim? Or did the article take some liberty in their summary or context of the briefing?

1. I thought they gathered in front of congress to get funding to keep scanning the skies?

The 24-year estimate, for example, "depends on continued SETI funding, which is in dire straits right now," he told Space.com after his talk at the NIAC symposium.
www.space.com...

2. I thought they used the words like MIGHT, COULD, THINK and POSSIBLY and increasing their chances of finding life?

"The bottom line is, like one in five stars has at least one planet where life might spring up," Shostak said.

Uhm, perhaps both the article and the scientist used their own methods of creative freedom to make a more dramatic presentation to get attention and funding?

edit on 201231America/ChicagoThu, 18 Dec 2014 01:20:19 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well that's cool and all. But what if extraterrestrials dont want meet any of you all, much less the ones in the funny hats? Bet you they didn't think about that now did they.

Ah a meeting about the possibility of space life and all that, I suppose it would be as important to any real space going race or civilization or even beings, if they exist that is. Well it would be as important for them as meeting between a troupe of meerkats discussing if they should stick there heads up out the grass on that particular day would be to the humans living in Siberia or the expensive highrise apartments of New York city. Lets just say I do not think they would care, even if they knew. You know hypothetically speaking since aliens have not been proven to exist as of yet.

You know what! Humanity just may be the only life in the universe, yup in all those countless eons and eons and the whole vastness of it all, we are the only thing that has ever existed. Well now that we have come to the conclusion of just how truly awesome we are, I think we should all pat ourselfs on the back for that magnificent achievement.

I mean can you think how truly boring it would be out there in the universe without us, I know its a sad sad universe out there when we are not around anymore. Let the back patting begin in 1...2...3...blast off. Commencing back patting ritual now.... Oh wow! I got to say, its a lot harder to pat your own back then I have been lead to believe.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I don't know why they bother to bring theologians into the discussion. I don't see where ET life has anything to do with a load of fairy stories and power plays. .

As opposed to the ET "community" which is completely free of such things?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Why did the Pleidians choose Vincent Van Gogh to abduct?
They knew he wanted to be a Christian minister and he had a brother named Theo, so religion probably ran deep in his family.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
From what I understand their mere presence will bring to light an unconsidered point of view.
Theory: there exists an Alien Interview supposedly where it's the military trying to figure out how to manipulate an Alien Doll Body. Impossible to manipulate the doll body Alien, which makes all the sense in the world. Send an entity doll body to explore the universe that cannot be corrupted. IDK but this shines a light on the fact that human being's body and mind are the exact opposite of the Alien Doll Body, we are manipulated so easily. Which throws a light on the human condition. Which will either make people try to become less prone to being manipulated or scare them. Crashing all the wonderful control systems known and unknown

edit on 18-12-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: and14263

What I'm not telling you would shock the very foundations of your world.

coughbul#cough

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

In the 50 s and 60 s there was much doubt about an alien race visiting earth. After the moon landings that doubt disappeared from the earth. Very strange indeed. What did they discover on the moon?
www.evawaseerst.be... (red dots)
Sagan, Douglas mc Arthur, Mitchell, Corso and a lot of other great names: they knew there was something wrong.
But NASA loves to put people on the wrong leg.
From wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...
The National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena was formed in 1956, with the organization's corporate charter being approved October 24.[15] Hillenkoetter was on NICAP's board of governors from about 1957 until 1962.[16] Donald E. Keyhoe, NICAP director and Hillenkoetter's Naval Academy classmate, wrote that Hillenkoetter wanted public disclosure of UFO evidence.[17] Perhaps Hillenkoetter's best-known statement on the subject was in 1960 in a letter to Congress, as reported in The New York Times: "Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense."[18

edit on 18-12-2014 by zandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hey guys. Alright, I don't want to come off as being tinfoil hat-ish lol, but, I couldn't help but notice what the media has been putting out in the past few months. The following paragraphs are actually a response I posted to an article on another site, the topic of said article being Nibiru/Planet X. The reason I'm providing my response to that article is because the information I put forth is relevant to this thread, and the underlying point that I'm trying to make involves the notion of predictive programming. Now, I'm not saying that IS what's going on here. I'm just noticing that all of this fits that particular blueprint:

After all of the rumors surrounding this whole topic, and the fact that it also got all wound up in the 2012 hysteria, to no fruition of any sort, I’ve pretty much skimmed over almost everything and anything in relation to Nibiru. However, and I’m surprised I’m saying this, there have been several items of interest in recent news that, when put alongside each other, and alongside the whole Nibiru speculation, that’s when my head began to buzz. These are said items of interest:

-In recent new, the Inuits of Canada have apparently reached out to NASA, as well as other organizations, with the claim that the Earth has shifted in some way, or as they put it, “wobbled”, and that their “sky has changed”, creating difficulty in hunting, navigating and other areas of survival that depend on nature.

-IFL Science recently put out an article stating evidence is currently suggesting that a pole reversal is imminent.

-Various news and media references to the continuity of our species, leaving Earth in case of a catastrophe, and colonizing other planets being absolute necessary to our survival.

-An interview regarding the launch of the Orion spacecraft was conducted with, I believe it was from memory, an MSNBC affiliate (I don’t remember his name of the top of my head), and when asked about the mission, he made one clear point. The Orion program is THE mission for the survival of the human race, once again a media reference to having to leave the planet as a means of saving humanity. He goes into more detail, but that was his response in a nutshell.

-Obvious changes in the weather on Earth, as well as throughout the Solar System. For example, the surface temperatures on all of the planets in the Solar System have been rising.

-The unusual amount of news and media references to “humanity uniting in response to an extraterrestrial threat”. This may be something all on it’s own, but I am mentioning this because a lot of this COULD be PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING of some kind. Whether it’s disclosure on the horizon, a false flag alien invasion, or the actual passing of Nibiru, the mainstream media, and alternative media, keep talking about these particular topics. A LOT as of late, to the point that I really took notice to it.

After all of the rumors surrounding this whole topic, and the fact that it also got all wound up in the 2012 hysteria, to no fruition of any sort, I’ve pretty much skimmed over almost everything and anything in relation to Nibiru. However, and I’m surprised I’m saying this, there have been several items of interest in recent news that, when put alongside each other, and alongside the whole Nibiru speculation, that’s when my head began to buzz. These are said items of interest:

-In recent new, the Inuits of Canada have apparently reached out to NASA, as well as other organizations, with the claim that the Earth has shifted in some way, or as they put it, “wobbled”, and that their “sky has changed”, creating difficulty in hunting, navigating and other areas of survival that depend on nature.

-IFL Science recently put out an article stating evidence is currently suggesting that a pole reversal is imminent.

-Various news and media references to the continuity of our species, leaving Earth in case of a catastrophe, and colonizing other planets being absolute necessary to our survival.

-An interview regarding the launch of the Orion spacecraft was conducted with, I believe it was from memory, an MSNBC affiliate (I don’t remember his name of the top of my head), and when asked about the mission, he made one clear point. The Orion program is THE mission for the survival of the human race, once again a media reference to having to leave the planet as a means of saving humanity. He goes into more detail, but that was his response in a nutshell.

-Obvious changes in the weather on Earth, as well as throughout the Solar System. For example, the surface temperatures on all of the planets in the Solar System have been rising.

-The unusual amount of news and media references to “humanity uniting in response to an extraterrestrial threat”. This may be something all on it’s own, but I am mentioning this because a lot of this COULD be PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING of some kind. Whether it’s disclosure on the horizon, a false flag alien invasion, or the actual passing of Nibiru, the mainstream media, and alternative media, keep talking about these particular topics. A LOT as of late, to the point that I really took notice to it.

Of course, this could ALL be coincidence, incorrectly interpreted, and nothing could be happening at all. However, it’s always good to do your research and homework.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
Star Trek has prepared us more for alien contact than NASA! After all, they have the "Prime Directive".

Assuming all aliens speak English and look exactly like us, with the exception of ear and forehead configuration.

Kirk should have received the death penalty by a court martial for the sheer quantity and magnitude of his violations of the Prime Directive.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Wonderful humor!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

Thank you for the added information.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lme7898354
Pardon the pun but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together all the clues from the beginning of recorded time to see that someone has been visiting us. Look at the drawings on the walls of caves made by some of the first humans.

They had the same capacity for symbolism and imagination as you or I. Why would you take a drawing as a literal interpretation of a real event? The also painted gods and goddesses of natural things like fire, water, wind, etc. Do you believe gods and goddesses control those things? If not then why would you believe such drawings represent anything more than imagination?

Look at the rapid advances in technology in the 1950's after the Roswell crash.

All of which were due to very clever humans who passed their math class and went on to contribute to society in post-WWII booming economy utilizing industrial advances made during the war.

No aliens necessary.

I think the powers that be know and have known for a long time that were not alone.

That's cool. But you'd need much better evidence than that to convince any thinking person of that.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

I believe NEC had some success in Gain-Assisted Superluminal Light Propagation some years back. As I recall they used a Bose-Einstein condensate as a medium.

That's different. If I recall correctly (and that's a big if) they did not exceed the speed of light. They exceeded the limit placed on light by the Bose-Einstein condensate. That's quite different than exceeding the speed of light. A lot of news outlets misreported it as exceeding the speed of light but nothing of the sort actually occurred.
edit on 18-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

I believe NEC had some success in Gain-Assisted Superluminal Light Propagation some years back. As I recall they used a Bose-Einstein condensate as a medium.

That's different. If I recall correctly (and that's a big if) they did not exceed the speed of light. They exceeded the limit placed on light by the Bose-Einstein condensate. That's quite different than exceeding the speed of light. A lot of news outlets misreported it as exceeding the speed of light but nothing of the sort actually occurred.

Yes. The laws of physics are maintained because the medium was not a vacuum.

Meant more as an example of how scientists are not too closed-minded to work on the seemingly impossible... like this experiment in quantum entanglement.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Meant more as an example of how scientists are not too closed-minded to work on the seemingly impossible... like this experiment in quantum entanglement.

Ok, that's good. Thanks. I'm glad you also do this because there is this idea that all scientists are close minded to new ideas when nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ok, that's good. Thanks. I'm glad you also do this because there is this idea that all scientists are close minded to new ideas when nothing could be further from the truth.
Lol. So that makes you a scientist. is it

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

As opposed to the ET "community" which is completely free of such things?

Oh, keep all those UFO kooks out of the mix, too. When have they ever been right about anything? And I can just hear them gloating for all the wrong reasons!

"I told you so! I told you there were aliens!"
"Yeah, most people already kind of believed that was possible. Besides, you never said anything about these specific aliens, or offered any verifiable proof."
"Suck it, skeptibunker loser!"

edit on 18-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Kirk should have received the death penalty by a court martial for the sheer quantity and magnitude of his violations of the Prime Directive.

He saw it as more of a "Prime Suggestion or General Guideline."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join