It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Brings Scientists & Theologians Together To Prepare World For Extraterrestrial Contact

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Oudoceus
You're still assuming that the speed of light is the limiting factor. I don't know, it very well may be.

I made no such assumption and referred to the work of Miguel Alcubierre Drive and Harold "Sonny" White's work on what *may* be away around the light barrier by warping space/time however this work is in the very EARLY stages and NASA has only just begun small scale tests of the warp theory.

As far as we know the speed of light is a limiting factor unless we learn a way around it like the Alcubierre drive which doesn't violate the laws of physics.

Maybe we and others CAN warp space time? We simply don't know yet but are working on it.

See this article: Clarifying NASA's Warp Drive Program - Spaceref.com

Unfortunately simply imagining others are doing it is not at all useful,

But, if beings have visited Earth from other star systems, as I believe they have,

I'd question why you'd believe this but that's for another thread.

they have obviously found a way around it.

Your assumption of this is based on a belief that we've been visited. Science would require good evidence of that before making this assumption so it's probably better that we work on the problem of "if they could get here how they could do it" in a lab rather than chase lights in the sky looking for answers ala Fox Mulder.

Communication between quantum particles is instant, no matter the distance between them. I know this isn't the same as matter traveling faster than light but it is proof that "something" can. a reply to: JadeStar

This a common misconception: That Quantum Entanglement could be used as some sort of faster than light communications device.

It doesn't seem like Quantum Entanglement can be used for communication faster than light though. The way that it works requires taking a measurement which can not be communicated faster than light as far as we know.

However that hasn't stopped scientists from working on ways around that. In fact one at my university is. Physicist John G. Cramer at the University of Washington is attempting to perform one type of these experiments and demonstrate whether or not it can produce superluminal or faster-than-light communication which of course would mean being able to communicate backwards in time.

See this article: Going For A Blast Into The Real Past - If the experiment works, a signal could be received before it's sent - Seattle Press-Intelligencer

Contrary to people like Stanton Friedman who claim science is simply too closed minded to allow for the seemingly impossible there actually ARE reputable scientists working on the very things he claims aliens are using.

I believe NEC had some success in Gain-Assisted Superluminal Light Propagation some years back. As I recall they used a Bose-Einstein condensate as a medium.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Way back in the early 1970's I was reassigned to Fort Huachuca, Arizona. As we were returning from various Asia areas and Viet Nam was winding down, we were assigned 'make work jobs' all over the fort. An acquaintance of mine was assigned to inventory the forts audio and video holdings. One day while taking a break, he commented, "...you have to see two of these films...". He described one as Jane Fonda standing around a pit in the ground with American GI's down in it. The Viet Namese with her were throwing stuff down on our GI's. The other film was from the 1960's and was of an air force base in New Mexico. I seem to remember Kirtland, but maybe not.
Anyway, the pictures of the air force base were hand held (he said the pictures moved around). They showed a metallic vehicle descend on the run way (descend as opposed to landing on the run way). Then US Air Force staff cars go out to meet the 'people' coming from the vehicle. The camera man did not get close enough to make out detail of the visitors. after the staff cars arrived and they 'met' the filming stops.
I went TDY shortly after and did not get a chance to see the films and he was gone when I returned. At the time I would have wanted to see the traitor Fonda's pictures first...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: passit
a reply to: JadeStar

What was that book published a few yrs ago, about the social implications of first contact? Hillary was caught holding a copy at some conference.

You mean this?

It a very good book called "Are We Alone? Philosophical Implications of the Discovery of Extraterrestrial Life" by Dr. Paul Davies of Arizona State University. I highly recommend any interested in these questions pick it up.

As an aside, if there was anyone with a chance of becoming President who was well prepared for such a discovery of life on other worlds or contact with an intelligent extraterrestrial species it would be Hillary Clinton. Politics aside she has done extensive reading on the subject and is up to date with the research into these areas. We all know her husband was very much interested in the subject of alien life as well.

BTW: Beyond that book Dr. Davies has among other things pushed a crowd-sourced citizen science project to look for alien artifacts on the Moon which has been written up in Forbes Magazine and given talks on the potential for time travel.

See also: ATS: "Alien Artifacts on the Moon?" - Forbes Article Points to New Credible Crowdsourced Search for ET

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I would love to see how the Vatican is going to baptise microbial aliens ..

With water... holy water, that is.

B4 baptizing, one has to believe that Jesus was the Son of God and that He died for our sins.
So how would any1 get the aliens of whatever for to believe?
Anyone?

What can be more easy and fortunate than to babtise an organism that can not object... just throw the water over those germs already..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is how the great deception begins. And look at all the people lining up to take the mark! Hail our alien overlords! Hail our new found saviors! Right? Right.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Looks like Hillary is a Christian.
a reply to: JadeStar

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I followed the articles back to the symposium source. The itinerary is highlighted by the lectures.
www.loc.gov...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

OH NO! a very interesting article just got taken over by people with opinions about religion! WELP! looks like I'm done reading another thread.

thanks alot atheist/religious folks if only you knew how much alike you really are!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well... some of the Roman emperors considered themselves as Gods, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of these otherworlder biological entities --- who occasionally visit our planet --- consider themselve's as Gaods as well.

BTW...some of them [ET's] --- I worship as my Gaods --- meaning: it's been my religion for well over 40 years.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The part of all of this that causes me to pause is trust. I'm supposed to believe that we've discovered aliens from the same people that can't tell the truth about what's happening in our own atmosphere because it's "classified". There are unexplained "things" in our atmosphere. That's a fact. What or who they are doesn't matter. What does matter is someone's lying and it stinks. Putting a priest in the mix only worsens it for me. Any findings like this would be so tight lipped by the military by the time we found out about it the 80/20 rule would ruin it. I sincerely hope I'm paranoid but the day they made NASA a part of the military, the whole truth went out the window.

edit on 17-12-2014 by Illusionarius27 because: I'm new and don't know what I'm doing.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
If intelligent extraterrestrial life is discovered I can guarantee they will not want Baptising.

Why would they want to become part of one of the main systems which is tearing people apart and causing wars?

Objective common sense view of religion.

Or maybe they're the culprits behind the organization of religion in the first place, designed to keep different factions at odds for divide and conquer purposes.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
could be partial truths involved and pulled off like a Project Blue Beam. Remember how Von Braun said that that would be the last deception after all the others (that have all come true)? Not saying non-terrestrials don't exist just saying beware of government involvement. I wouldn't trust the intentions if everything was disseminated through the White House. That is when the people with sensitive intuition will come in handy. a reply to: jjkenobi

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't know why they bother to bring theologians into the discussion. I don't see where ET life has anything to do with a load of fairy stories and power plays. If intelligent ET life is ever confirmed the theologians can just tough it out and scramble for rationalizations on their own.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
that's a good point and most likely where it came from. Maybe they realize we've grown up past needing organized religion and being nannied. Time we grew up and hopefully they give us an energy paradigm change along with a little technology tweak or two. Like everybody gets their very own ufo. They are like smart phones on steroids and can take you anywhere you want to go within this solar system. It would be like going on Google Solar System: just scroll on a big screen and peek out the window or fly to Maui and hang out on Big Beach for the day and then spend the night outside the rings of Saturn. It would end pollution and allow for a much higher population. No more need to kill each other or rape the planet. You're welcome.

a reply to: TrueMessiah

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree and would add no "government officials" either.

a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

They found possible signs of methane as has been found before. It means nothing certain by itself. Don't get your panties in a twist

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

But your not considering that maybe if they are here, they may be inter-dimensional, or so advanced that they can travel great distances with advanced technology

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Pardon the pun but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together all the clues from the beginning of recorded time to see that someone has been visiting us. Look at the drawings on the walls of caves made by some of the first humans. Look at the rapid advances in technology in the 1950's after the Roswell crash. I think the powers that be know and have known for a long time that were not alone. The burning question is have they made contact and exactly what are the intentions of our visitors?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I would love to see how the Vatican is going to baptise microbial aliens ..

With water... holy water, that is.

B4 baptizing, one has to believe that Jesus was the Son of God and that He died for our sins.
So how would any1 get the aliens of whatever for to believe?
Anyone?

What can be more easy and fortunate than to babtise an organism that can not object... just throw the water over those germs already..

Then you will get a bunch of catholic aliens. Silly me how did I miss that

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
can they make circumcised and infected with herpes i046.radikal.ru... will plant a needle www.calend.ru... img2.wikia.nocookie.net... or distended neck s39.radikal.ru...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join