It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galactic Empire membership for Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Occultus.

What if there was an Galactic Empire or Republic in the Milky Way, but only planets under a One World Government would be allegeable to apply for membership. All "primitive" non-member planets are subsequently embargoed by the Galactic Empire forces and kept in the unknown of the greater reality by use of the Galactic Empire laws.

Would you support to build a One World Government for the Earth become a member, or rather continue to live in the dark but keep our independence?

-MM
edit on 16-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hopefully they have evolved past the illusory need for what we would call "government".

Otherwise it would be impossible to trust them, and I would tell them thanks, but...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What if we're not considered capable, sort of like how we'd judge Dolphins to not possess the capacity of being UN members? Sure, we might ban the use of Dolphins for food or forced pleasure (aka Sea World), but Dolphins can't speak for themselves when the UN meets. The galactic empire might treating us the same way. They might ban other civilizations from abusing us, but yet they do not give us equal sway.

The easiest answer - and perhaps the most glib - is just to assert there's no higher authority governing the galaxy because if there were we would either be aware of it or active members therein. Yet this answer is not in the spirit of the OP, nor is it as exciting. The existence of a higher authority which we're for whatever reason unaware of invites (conspiracy?) theories to explain it and is thusly quick fresh food for ATS.
edit on 16-12-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

A one world government would make it easier for them to control us and have the entire planet abide by their rules.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

pretty sure they would look at us lesser evolved than dolphins....the way we are going i think fair to say they think we are pretty dumb......

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Highly doubtful they would admit us except maybe watching us would provide Jerry Springer style entertainment & we would be the trailer trash rednecks lol

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Would you support to build a One World Government for the Earth become a member, or rather continue to live in the dark but keep our independence?

No, I would not swear fealty to a One World Government or a Galactic Federation. I have enough trouble with the Government we already have. Humans don't need technology to be happy, but they do need freedom.
edit on 2014/12/16 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
That's a trick question, isn't it?
Do you want total slavery, the one way, or the other?
Neither thanks, "Galactic Empire" still sounds like they're hanging in the dark ages themselves.
Should Earth be represanted in a Galactic Council? Universal, yes. But this Galaxy is ours...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

But this Galaxy is ours...

LOL

what ever do you mean ? Proof of ownership or it didn't happen

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

What, why would I need proof? As far as I know we're the only natives here, so at least the solar system plus X, is ours.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Interesting coincidence: all the alien cults on this site promote a one world government.

Seems more like a human conspiracy to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

never mind.

If you think that you/we own something out there...you are mistaken. We are just renting the space.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

anyway...good question OP.

I guess I'm all for the one world government...but not at this point of our spiritual/mental development. We are too divided internally for it to succeed.

It almost feels as if by design.

I think we are not there yet...and I'm not sure if we ever will be.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

No. Rent it from whom? Do you pay rent for the air you breathe?
We float here on our native spaceship called Earth and can claim every uninhabited planet we find. Who'd stop us? And if you have a problem with owning, I share the feeling possesions just float bye, usefull and nothing to hold on to, but when it comes to necessary ressources... Let's just say I get bitchy when someone steals my food. And I see it as we own the Earth. Seems like the Moon came with it in a set, also the sun since we need it to survive = ours. Everything beyond will one day deliever yet to be discovered ressources = ours.
And just to keep spinning my personal story: I am the queen of the Milky Way, that's tough, because I want anarchistic democracies and have to prepare people looking for god in fiction, for days when it will be time to become independent individually. Yet here I am comenting on a thread looking for a ceasar in the Galaxy, other threats, were people bow to aliens as their gods and creators... I suck at my job.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And I see it as we own the Earth.

Well...I don't see it that way...but let's leave it at that. If that needs explaining...than I guess we're simply not on the same page about the "owning the planet". Do flees own a dog they ride on ?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Two problems: We have a much bigger impact on our host than fleas have on a dog. And I hope humans work on a more complicated scale than just following their instincts, like show responsibility, for example.
So it is more like: is the gardener responsible for his green. To own something basically is the same like taking care of something.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Aah Americans and there historical distrust for all forms of centralized government.

I wouldn't mind a central earth bureau or something similar representing earth in a galactic council (I wouldn't join a galactic empire or republic because it would mean a galactic emperor or president, and of course earth is still independant), that would allow us to learn about better technologies and philosophies rendering the current power structures on earth obsolete.

It's always funny how so many people in the US are scared to death by a fabled governmental "NWO" (I'm pretty sure it's a remnant of the cold war) and yet, the current NWO IS American-made and centered around corporations and financial companies.

Even if there was a huge centralized government for earth, there will always be a need for decentralization to let local authorities run what they know best. No "NWO" would ever be able to govern the entire earth centrally, with all it's different sensibilities and cultures. It's impossible and to be affraid of that is just a mild form of paranoia. Not being afraid of a future where corporations replace governments on the other hand is shortsightedness.

So yes, I wouldn't mind a central earth council deciding key matters for our planet and species as a whole (climate, food, nuclear weapons,...), things which are too critical to let in the hands of a few selfish countries.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
One world government is certainly idyllic ,
.... but impractical .

We'd have hordes of former politicians
becoming unemployable dissenters ,
fomenting at the mouth and street corners !

As borders disappeared , corporate armies
would fill the gaps , fighting for control .

Security services would be hamstrung by
logistical problems , and the proverbial
tower of Babylon would fall at every turn .

Language and religious differences cannot
be reconciled without a paradigm shift in
conciousness , so without our
galactic overlords hypnotising the entire population ...
or ww3 culling us down to nothing,

I'd say our membership may just be on the
"associate" level forever !!!!

edit on 16-12-2014 by radarloveguy because: vote 1 radarloveguy !

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

It's always funny how so many people in the US are scared to death by a fabled governmental "NWO".

People in the US aren't 'scared' of some centralized ruler. I feel we are repulsed by the very idea.
edit on 2014/12/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Yes, I would be very supportive of the British Parliamentary democracy being extended to encompass all nations. Not so sure the one party state in China would be happy, nor possibly the USA.

If aliens appeared tomorrow the world would fall apart!

Regards

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join