It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galactic Empire membership for Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Allow me to be the first but what the heck you make no frigging sense son.

Yes that is what I aim for.

Or just a feeble mind cannot comprehend what it reads, you decide.

Funny you didn't see that I did mention my delusional state, could be from previous substance abuse but don't smoke anymore.

Are you delusional as I didn't mention anything about the empire in Star wars but how Anikin or Darth was meant to bring balance to the force.

What are you smoking is the real question.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well, it would make sense actually, I mean if we can`t even co-exist peacefully with our own species under one ruling body what chance is there that we will be able to co-exist peacefully with other species?

of course I`m assuming that if intelligent life does exist on other planets that they co-exist peacefully with other planets.
since we should know our own species better than other species know us then we are in the best position to police our species and that would require a single ruling body with the authority to rule over all the humans on earth and speak for us as a species.

It wouldn`t make sense for other intelligent species to get involved in cultural disputes between members of the human species since presumably they know less about human nature than we do.
A single ruling body representing all humans would be held responsible for the actions of each member or culture of our species.
since we are all members of the same human species we would all be held accountable for the actions of any of our members.
If any members of our species attack another species their world government could contact the earth world government and say:
" don`t bore us with the details you are responsible for controlling and policing the human species,take care of the problem NOW or we will permanently take care of this problem called the human species"

edit on 16-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Type one sounds like a one world government order.

Type two sounds like a galactic order.

Type three, well, that would be like a force of nature, or the believe of the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm not that much of a "joiner."

Also I'm not quite sure what's in it for us. This Galactic Empire seems like a pretty ineffective organization, and just what do we get when we pay our dues? Another level of bureaucracy? We definitely don't need that nonsense.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm not that much of a "joiner."

Also I'm not quite sure what's in it for us. This Galactic Empire seems like a pretty ineffective organization, and just what do we get when we pay our dues? Another level of bureaucracy? We definitely don't need that nonsense.

You get to hang with the cool kids, what else?

-MM

edit on 16-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
Well but what if we're divided because we don't have a World Government. Of course we won't be ready for it. The UN or its precursor was not formed until World War incited the need for it to be created. Othe similar problems will manifest and create stronger ties between nations. There's a quote which comes to mind, by H.G. Wells (in The Outline of History): "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."

I'm not in support of a dictatorship or hive society, but realistically we HAVE to treat the Earth as though we're all close neighbors. What one neighbor does has implications for the others. A nation can't pretend anymore nobody else lives on the Earth and it can act with impunity. We're already seeing this with WMD/Terrorism and World Wars and AGW and Ebola threats. We can't ignore what goes on in another country. And this is increasingly true as technology and population enables us to have large effects on the world surrounding us.

I do think once the world government strengthens there will be colonies on other planets which might have separate governments. I also think Earth will become stale and repressive under its governemnt. The result being explorers and enterprising peoples won't want to be on Earth. However, the Earth will be better with a government than without one.

I thikn it all boils down to distance and technology restrictions. Once they meet a golden ratio X government is born. If a governemnt stretches itself beyond the distance and technology limits then it breaks. So the question becomes HOW MUCH world government do we have and how much will we afford with the passing years.
edit on 16-12-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Two problems: We have a much bigger impact on our host than fleas have on a dog....

No we don't.

Fleas could be a constant bother during a dog's entire life.

Humans will inhabit the Earth for just a fleeting moments of Earth's history -- gone and forgotten before the Earth even notices we were here. A few million years after we are gone (which is like a blink of an eye to the Earth), there will be very few outward signs that we existed at all.

edit on 12/16/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You couldn't be more vague than saying :

I cannot as my purpose is like Darth Vaders or Anikin Skywalker if one wants to be precise based on the star wars mythology and that is to bring balance to the force here on earth.

I am evil when its needed and good when its needed

You, unlike the majority of people who are either 100% good or 100% bad, you are a bit of both in order to bring back "balance to the force". Thank you kind sir.

Seriously if you want to make a point, explain what is "good" and what is "evil" in your mind (since these notions are quite relative), why do you believe joining a galactic society means "giving up your humanity and individuality" since there is no mention of that in the OP, and what you mean by "However if humanity get there humanity stops existing as humanity is a part of dualistic reality"

Honestly you talk like everybody sees the world the same way as you, but anyone sees the world in a different way so you have to explain what you mean when you say vague and relative stuff like that. Otherwise you do sound a bit like a person who has too many voices in his head

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Oh, then it's really not a big deal if we take as many species as we can on our journey to self-annihilation. All life will disappear from earth eventually so really, who cares what humans are doing to this planet and its other denizens

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

Oh, then it's really not a big deal if we take as many species as we can on our journey to self-annihilation. All life will disappear from earth eventually so really, who cares what humans are doing to this planet and its other denizens

I was talking about the Earth itself as a planet with a 10 or 11 billion year life span -- not necessarily the species that are currently inhabiting it (and as a species will only inhabit it for a tiny fraction of a percentage of that planet's life).

edit on 12/17/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I understand it. My post was a sarcasm to show that even if this logically correct that we are not that much in the vast history of our planet, it doesn't mean we don't currently have a huge influence over it.

We are changing its atmosphere, the composition of its waters and soils, and most critical, the subtile balances of its ecosystems.

Sure over the scale of cosmic time and distance we aren't much. But then with that kind of rationalization, everything will eventually disappear with the heat death of the universe so why bother about anything?

Because we are capable of moral judgement, that why we should care and see the damages we are doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sure the earth could join a galactic federation. It may take some doing, meaning plans have to be made behind the scenes to move earths people in the direction of a galactic empire.

Meaning there needs to be a purpose to joining a intergalactic organization.

I would think its just a matter of time until we are percieved as a potential problem due to our violent society and us vs them mentality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join