It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galactic Empire membership for Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

We don't own this planet. Are you saying you do or humans collectively?

This planet will be here a lot longer then we will.

This planet owns us.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Same. I get why since the last current American governments have become pretty detached from the people (a bit like the EU) to a terrible extent, and only concerned by corporate interests. But to be honest, you paved the way for it and keep voting for the same puppets each year so there's no one but you to blame for it.

And yet, without that centralized government, your country would be completely anecdotical, just a bunch of small states with no real army nor a unique representative to discuss with the other powers of this world. So it's really a love-hate relationship you have with your government, huh? A bit schizophrenic. We have that too
Hopefully the EU is still a bit of a mess because there are so many parties, so it's not completely orwellian yet.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: JUhrman

It's always funny how so many people in the US are scared to death by a fabled governmental "NWO".

People in the US aren't 'scared' of some centralized ruler. I feel we are repulsed by the very idea.

It's funny, when you think about it, it's exactly what Marxism was about too, and yet it's an insult in the mouth of an American

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Occultus.

What if there was an Galactic Empire or Republic in the Milky Way, but only planets under a One World Government would be allegeable to apply for membership. All "primitive" non-member planets are subsequently embargoed by the Galactic Empire forces and kept in the unknown of the greater reality by use of the Galactic Empire laws.

Would you support to build a One World Government for the Earth become a member, or rather continue to live in the dark but keep our independence?

-MM

How about such speculative organisation of hopefully enlightened beings just openly release information on the tech that would remove scarcity of resources, ie energy, production and nutrition and then we most likely would not need a great big centralised government and petty borders and we could be released into space all independent, like - and self determining and that.

We would be able to run our own affairs as individual beings rather than still have "the majority" telling everyone else what they can and cant do because they have been preached to and organised into a hegemony more effectively.

I want the future and technology to free us from all that crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Occultus.

What if there was an Galactic Empire or Republic in the Milky Way, but only planets under a One World Government would be allegeable to apply for membership. All "primitive" non-member planets are subsequently embargoed by the Galactic Empire forces and kept in the unknown of the greater reality by use of the Galactic Empire laws.

Would you support to build a One World Government for the Earth become a member, or rather continue to live in the dark but keep our independence?

-MM

We would be the equivalent of Palestine and exist in an open planet prison. Yikes! Prison Planet!!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I want the future and technology to free us from all that crap

but mindset like ours would only jump to chance to control that tech...to produce it at a cost. And the game would continue.

Hunger, energy are not the issue IMO, but the mindset.

Simply put...we need to evolve.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Occultus.

-MM
no. the larger a government is the more oppressive and evil it's influence on individual liberty. bigger is not better. the best possible compromise is a world organization that has no powers of enforcement in internal matters. that merely acts as a buffer between individual nation states and the "empire" at large and has no power beyond acting on the votes of member states for things pertaining to extra planetary issues.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I want the future and technology to free us from all that crap

but mindset like ours would only jump to chance to control that tech...to produce it at a cost. And the game would continue.

Hunger, energy are not the issue IMO, but the mindset.

Simply put...we need to evolve.

Yeah, i know where you are coming from with that.

I'm kinda getting on my favourite sci-fi thing with The Culture... essentially, if we all individually had the means to spread into space and provide what we needed without central control by fallible humans then that central control would eventually wither and die through it's own irrelevance.

I am looking at some anarchistic sci-fi pipe-dream utopia, but speculatively it's possible.

And i'm usually a cynical git, allow my a little moment of dreaming

edit on 16-12-2014 by skalla because: clairity

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

And I see it as we own the Earth.

The Universe owns the Earth we are just guests.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

And I see it as we own the Earth.

The Universe owns the Earth we are just guests.

Yeps. And we've only been here for the merest blink of it's life.

I know i'm getting all un-chacteristicly misty eyed here, but eventually we may only have lived on earth for a fraction of our history.

And yes, i have been smoking and reading sci-fi

edit on 16-12-2014 by skalla because: t t t typo

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If fish could reconize what humans are, faces and had just the same level of intelligence as us. Had weapons enough to smash their own tank. Would you put your face right up to the glass and see what kind of reaction you would get from the humanlike fish?

Would the tank implode if you sat and stared at it for long enough?

It's just an analogy. But the vast majority would describe E.T as Demon spirits from another dimension or other.

I think we are almost at the point of people understanding what they are seeing but we are not quite there yet.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I'm kinda getting on my favourite sci-fi thing with The Culture

I wish I had time to read that...sounds interesting from the brief description on wiki.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What if there is a Galactic Federation of Planets? What if the reason we haven't been contacted is because out planet is under quarantine?...

I urge anyone who is eager to learn the truth search The Law of One and the Ra Material.

I think the truth has been under our nose for over 30 years.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
But the vast majority would describe E.T as Demon spirits from another dimension or other.

No. This is just a generalization based on your experience with American Protestants.

The majority of the world, Vatican included, would describe E.T as extra-terrestrials.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Occultus.

-MM

Its got nothing to do with one world government unless there is actually unity amongst the beings of any said planet and its society which opens up a new paradigm to a conscious mind.

However if humanity get there humanity stops existing as humanity is a part of dualistic reality.

the question I would ask is would give up your humanity and individuality to join a galactic society?

I cannot as my purpose is like Darth Vaders or Anikin Skywalker if one wants to be precise based on the star wars mythology and that is to bring balance to the force here on earth.

I am evil when its needed and good when its needed or simply delusional with a few too many personalities up their in my mind.

Yeah I take the last option but don't treat it as one should if they label themselves as such.

So basically you try joining some galactic society after my life passes unless another takes the reigns

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Actually the Empire in Star Wars is about giving up your identity to join a galactic society so what you are saying is self-contradicting.

You would be "evil" like Darth Vader and oppose a galactic empire?

Allow me to be the first but what the heck you make no frigging sense son.

However if humanity get there humanity stops existing as humanity is a part of dualistic reality.

What are you smoking? Looks like good stuff.
edit on 16-12-2014 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: fatpastyhead

Well I hope we own it collectively. But if you don't want it, I'd take it.
The Earth ownes us and we are just guests. Well then we misbehave badly, super crass #ing in the shower style... Let's just agree to disagree?
See we might have a differing definition of the term ownes. I owned a horse and at the same time acted as his butler.
The Galactic Federation memebership, I just don't see it. After all, I've seen and been through I guess it is just wishfull thinking.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Humans don't need technology to be happy, but they do need freedom.

That sentence really spoke true to me, you should write speaches, -books, or something like that.

-MM
edit on 16-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

How about such speculative organisation of hopefully enlightened beings just openly release information on the tech that would remove scarcity of resources, ie energy, production and nutrition and then we most likely would not need a great big centralised government and petty borders and we could be released into space all independent, like - and self determining and that.

Some may think that sharing information is the same as losing power. Other may think that primitive societies should be kept just that - primitive.

originally posted by: skalla
We would be able to run our own affairs as individual beings rather than still have "the majority" telling everyone else what they can and cant do because they have been preached to and organised into a hegemony more effectively.

I want the future and technology to free us from all that crap.

This supposed embargo may work both ways; keeping others from travelling to earth and keeping us from leaving it. Would they allow primitives to travel freely and potentially causing all kinds of havoc across the galaxy, I just don't think so.

-MM

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Allow me to be the first but what the heck you make no frigging sense son.

Yes that is what I aim for.

Or just a feeble mind cannot comprehend what it reads, you decide.

Funny you didn't see that I did mention my delusional state, could be from previous substance abuse but don't smoke anymore.

Are you delusional as I didn't mention anything about the empire in Star wars but how Anikin or Darth was meant to bring balance to the force.

What are you smoking is the real question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join