It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just To Be Clear On The Sydney Hostage Situation (POSSIBLE LINKS TO ISIS)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Where am I calling for a cover up?

I am just asking that this event be looked at just like the ones where people kill 27 people in the states.
A person who snapped from outside sources.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Why is it bad to call a spade a spade?
if this man was acting alone and just talked about isis then why should it be used to promote the idea of going into another war when it very well could habe nothing to do with anything going on?
I get it, you want all these people dead and any reason will do.

I don't see anything regarding people wanting to go to war over this right now. I don't even understand your line of thinking.

This man was a terrorist.

This man, regardless of his religious affiliations, requested that an ISIS flag be delivered to him.

This man, regardless of his religious affiliations ordered that the public are made aware that his attack was representative of ISIS.

This man should be considered a terrorist, and his actions should be analysed for any links to ISIS.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Why is it bad to call a spade a spade?
if this man was acting alone and just talked about isis then why should it be used to promote the idea of going into another war when it very well could habe nothing to do with anything going on?
I get it, you want all these people dead and any reason will do.

That's just it. I am calling a spade a spade....

And that's the reasoning not to make the obvious connection? War? Oh no let's not see this for what it is, let's act like it didn't happen and no one will get hurt.....right?

You damn right I want the ISIS fighters dead, they are a cancer and need to be purged.

They kill innocent women and children and do things like this guy did!

So if it's betweeb acting like this wasn't ISIS connected (even tho It clearly was) just to play nice.....and calling this what this is and making people aware of the monsters they are.

Then I say let it be known!

UnbelieavBle

link   

No connection at all to ISIS .

Here is the list of demands

imgur.com...

To be absolutely certain, you can cross reference the hostage name to her facebook account, which seems to verify that she was a hostage. I'm not naming or linking to her besides the photo.

As you can see from the demands, one of the requests was an Isis flag. That is one connection to Isis. Thus debunking the 'no connection' angle.

'The man wants the world to know that Australia is under attack by the Islamic state'

That is his statement (via the hostage).

---

Now, here's the hostage actually speaking and you can hear her asking for an Isis flag.

www.liveleak.com...

link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Can you rationally explain why a guy would ask for an Isis flag during a siege?

And if he was ISIS, as you say he was, then can you please rational explain why he did not bring his own flag, he has the foresight to bring a Shahada yet not a ISIS flag.

Arguments like yours really annoy me.

You have obviously lost the debate, you cannot prove he was a ISIS member yet you continue to make the argument.

link   
a reply to: Walsh

The laws they are implementing at the same laws as you find in Saudi Arabia. For example, Christians can live among them, but they need to pay a tax and pretty much follow their laws and court decisions, which include slavery, rape, etc. So, no wonder people are getting killed because they think the 'rules' are ridiculous.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Walsh
Again this guy is a Shia with no connection to ISIS

He asked for a flag and he wanted to be connected.
In addition to todays terror, he killed his wife and raped a lot of people.
He acted out in terrorism like ISIS would act out.
He may not have had an official ISIS membership card, but he was ISIS in his black heart.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

show me proof that he asked for an ISIS flag? what is an ISIS flag please tell me ?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Again this guy is a Shia with no connection to ISIS

He asked for a flag and he wanted to be connected.
In addition to todays terror, he killed his wife and raped a lot of people.
He acted out in terrorism like ISIS would act out.
He may not have had an official ISIS membership card, but he was ISIS in his black heart.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

show me proof that he asked for an ISIS flag? what is an ISIS flag please tell me ?

I can show you proof of his requests, but i will not disrespect the innocent people involved of whom were forced to relay his orders.

In the end, it doesn't matter if he was a member of ISIS or not. He was a terrorist who got what he deserved.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

You know that it will be used.

And yes any connection should be looked into but not paraded as fact until then.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

imgur.com...

To be absolutely certain, you can cross reference the hostage name to her facebook account, which seems to verify that she was a hostage. I'm not naming or linking to her besides the photo.

As you can see from the demands, one of the requests was an Isis flag. That is one connection to Isis. Thus debunking the 'no connection' angle.

'The man wants the world to know that Australia is under attack by the Islamic state'

---

Now, here's the hostage actually speaking and you can hear her asking for an Isis flag.

www.liveleak.com...

well this is an interesting turn of events . this is starting to get strange to me ... it make no sens that this guy (shia) would want anything to do with the ISIS , my apologies for jumping to conclusion.. you have to understand in the wrold of Islam this is like Oil and water ... Shia and sunnie do not mix ... and for century's their had been blood shed between the two ..

now this warrants further investigation ..

i stand corrected

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Where am I calling for a cover up?

I am just asking that this event be looked at just like the ones where people kill 27 people in the states.
A person who snapped from outside sources.

He asked for the ISIS flag while in the act of this crime. His past affiliations are meaningless after that point. The only affiliation that he attempted to express to the world was Islamic State.

Reread your post, you were worried this would be used to promote war, ask yourself why you posted that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Wow.

I honestly wasn't expecting such a reply.

Well, kudos i guess. For accepting that you stand corrected and that this needs further investigation.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

imgur.com...

---

www.liveleak.com...

well this is an interesting turn of events . this is starting to get strange to me ... it make no sens that this guy (shia) would want anything to do with the ISIS , my apologies for jumping to conclusion.. you have to understand in the wrold of Islam this is like Oil and water ... Shia and sunnie do not mix ... and for century's their had been blood shed between the two ..

i stand corrected

Well, let' be perfectly honest, he was a complex chaotic individual who probably didn't know what he exactly stood for. A self proclaimed Preacher with a penchant for sexually assaulting people.

link   

a reply to: daaskapital

You know that it will be used.

And yes any connection should be looked into but not paraded as fact until then.

Well, no one knows if this will be used to drum up war. I honestly don't think it will be. We might see changes inside Australia, but we're already bombing ISIS. It doesn't matter.

But it is a fact that this man was trying to establish a connection between himself and ISIS. He requested an ISIS flag, and stated that his attacks were done by ISIS...that is proof enough.
edit on 15-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Wow.

I honestly wasn't expecting such a reply.

Well, kudos i guess. For accepting that you stand corrected and that this needs further investigation.

hey if i am wrong i am wrong , i will be the first to admit that ..

the rabbit hole just got deeper on this ....

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Started your post....thank you for having the integrity to admit you could have been mistake

I do know the history of Shias and Sunni and I agree it's a drastic change...

And this being the case , that conversion would be worthy of investigation and a thread all it's own on why this is happening and if it's happening in other areas

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

This guy probably didn't even know what he believed himself.

he might be Shia but that does not matter, him requesting the flag does not mean he was a member of ISIS only that he was sympathetic.

We need more proof before we can say he was acting on their behalf.

link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

imgur.com...

---

www.liveleak.com...

i stand corrected

Well, let' be perfectly honest, he was a complex chaotic individual who probably didn't know what he exactly stood for. A self proclaimed Preacher with a penchant for sexually assaulting people.

yeah i am willing to entertain that his guy was a nut ,hands down... this whole thing is strange to me now ...

link   

I know why I posted it, cause I can see the writing on the wall.
We have already been slowly ramping up our efforts and this will be all over the news asking what is the response needed for this event.

I accept that he talked about isis, I just don't see how that makes it a fact this was a incident connected with them.

link   

And if he was ISIS, as you say he was, then can you please rational explain why he did not bring his own flag, he has the foresight to bring a Shahada yet not a ISIS flag.

Maybe he brought the wrong flag? Maybe the act of demanding an Isis flag was symbolic?

Arguments like yours really annoy me.

What? A contrary viewpoint with supporting evidence?

You have obviously lost the debate, you cannot prove he was a ISIS member yet you continue to make the argument.

I never said he was an Isis member in any part of my posts. I was correcting the OP when he/she said the man in question has no connections to the Islamic state.

I've disproved that by providing two pieces of evidence

1 - The text sent by a hostage mentioning the demand for an Isis flag and the threat by the Islamic state
2- The video of a hostage saying the exact same thing.

Please do not lecture me on debate, when it's you who is ignoring the evidence in front of you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join