It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just To Be Clear On The Sydney Hostage Situation (POSSIBLE LINKS TO ISIS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I wanted to point out some Facts that i think Allot of members are missing with regard to the current Hostage situation going on in Sydney.

Firstly the Flag Displayed in the window was not the Flag of ISIS nor does it have any connection to Al Nursa

The flag had been around for many century's , the letters on the flag represent the "shahada" meaning their is no god but god and Muhammad is his messenger. This phrase is also used in everyday prayer for Muslims and its said as the declaration of faith when converting to Islam.
This flag has been flown and adopted by many groups some good some bad so its understandable why people jump at the idea that its an ISIS Flag.

Secondly, Local Imams ( teachers /Islamic leaders ) were speaking out against the actions of this man .

thirdly, Hron Monis the man who has taken these people Hostage has no connection to the ISIS . In fact he is not a Sunnie Muslim he is Shia
and apparently some sort of ayatollah in Iran . I am not going to comment on this mans past actions i just wanted to make it clear that this was not some sort of ISIS operation like many members are making it out to be ...

No connection at all to ISIS .

you can find more info about him on wiki HERE
edit on 15-12-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

EDIT TO ADDIT HAS BECOME CLEAR THAT THIS MAN WAS APPARENTLY ACTING IN SOME FASSION ON BEHALF OF THIS ISIS .IF YOU UNDERAND THE HISTORY OF SHIA VS SUNNIE THEN YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY MY JUDGEMENT WAS THAT HE HAD NO CONNECTION TO ISIS . I STAND CORRECNTED AND THIS REQUIRES MORE INVESTIGATION

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

He was simply just another nut job.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz

yes sir with some sort of agenda . i am curious as to what his message was though .... and why he did this

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Politically correct translation:
A man experiencing a breakdown or even a period of psychosis which has motivated him to perform actions which would be seen by the majority of society as incredibley odd.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Wait so because he is Shia he can't be Isis extremist?

How many times have we seen "moderate "Muslims abandon their moderate views in favor of more extreme ones?

How many times have people in the media and indeed people on this forum REPEATEDLY stated that Muslims are turning to extremism becUse of the west?

Now all the sudden this isn't the case? This couldn't be a possibility?

Who put the dividing line in place between who can and can't be considered ISIS terrorism?

How many people from the U.S. , UK, France and many others have left their country to take up the ISIS cause?

Why are they considered members of ISIS extremism but this guy is not?

The guy claimed ISIS. Wanted an ISIS flag and carried this out in their name.

Again the mental gymnastics to seperate this from what it CLEARLY is , is astounding!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

According to a PC interpretation, like the mass shooting at Ft. Hood three years ago, this was not a hate crime and also religion had not a thing to do with it. Is that what you are saying?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Nut job. This classification seems to have taken on it's own meaning. Aren't they all nut jobs? Not just the wannabees but the whole lot of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I asked about the flag in a different thread....
thanks for the info

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One of his demands was for an Isis flag. This alone tells us two things.

One, his motivations may have been driven by a radicalised ideology and two, even if he isn't 'connected' to Isis, he certainly wanted to be.

mobile.twitter.com...

^ That's allegedly the list of his demands, which was sent out by an apparent hostage who was inside the cafe.

edit on 15-12-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Wait so because he is Shia he can't be Isis extremist?

How many times have we seen "moderate "Muslims abandon their moderate views in favor of more extreme ones?

How many times have people in the media and indeed people on this forum REPEATEDLY stated that Muslims are turning to extremism becUse of the west?

Now all the sudden this isn't the case? This couldn't be a possibility?

Who put the dividing line in place between who can and can't be considered ISIS terrorism?

How many people from the U.S. , UK, France and many others have left their country to take up the ISIS cause?

Why are they considered members of ISIS extremism but this guy is not?

The guy claimed ISIS. Wanted an ISIS flag and carried this out in their name.

Again the mental gymnastics to seperate this from what it CLEARLY is , is astounding!

Its Obvious you don't understand the conflict between Shia And sunni Muslims . ISIS are made up of ONLY sunnie Muslims and they kill any and every Shia Muslim they find .The Whole war in Syria is Shia vs sunnie . This war has been going on for century's .

Again this guy is a Shia with no connection to ISIS

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No connection at all to ISIS .

Thanks for the info. I appreciate that this is not a "radicalized extremist Jihadist Muslim" blame thing. But it will be used that way by the west.

Everything Muslim usually is. And lately the Russians, too. The US is doing exactly what Hitler did, opening too many fronts, in all the same places.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Pretty strong claims there OP. Especially when I've just linked you to what could be evidence LINKING him to his demands for an Isis flag and debunking your claims of 'no connection'.

Yes, he's Shia, yes he's probably never been to Syria/Iraq - but if he's asking for an Isis flag, then he's acting in the name of the Islamic state.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to comprehend?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
His messages included the requesting of an ISIS flag, and a message that the attack was being undertaken by ISIS. Either he was an ISIS wannabe, or trying to frame the organisation. Either way, this thread isn't needed as all the information was presented in the ongoing thread.

I don't very much care who he claims to be though. The fact is that he was a terrorist, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if he was Shia or Sunni. He entered the cafe, waved a Shahada flag and terrorised the populace.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A man holding hostages in a Sydney cafe on Monday has demanded that a flag of the Islamic State in the levant group, also known as Isis, be delivered to him and warned that four bombs have been planted around the city, a report said.

A major square in the heart of the Australian city is in lockdown with hundreds of armed police surrounding the Lindt chocolate cafe, where a flag - black with white Arabic writing - was held to a window by customers.

It appears to be the shahada, or profession of faith in Islam, and says: "There is no god but Allah; Mohammed is the Messenger of Allah."

The fact he then demanded an Isil flag sparked speculation that the gunman may have made a mistake in his initial choice of flag.

link   
I think the OP is trying too hard to disassociate this person from ISIS and that makes the OP suspect.

What exactly is your agenda, Walsh?

link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Exactly right....

How many times have we seen an incident play out here in the states where someone did something horrible and later it was found out he had conservative views?

Immediately to be lambasted all over the news as another crazy right wing fundamentalist.

Even when many times the act had NOTHING to do w their political views

Why the double standard?

They are all crazy but why is there this "hands off" approach w calling this guy what he is? He used a flag. A headband and stated WHO he was doing this on behalf of...

And yet "nope he has no affiliation and is not a Muslim extremist"

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Gave you a star and a flag OP,

I remember a few months back having to explain that the Shadaha was not a flag that was used to represent any one terrorist group. If i recall it ended up being quite a frustrating conversation.

So you get a flag for me for denying ignorance, this is how it should be done.

It does not disprove that he was connected to ISIS but just that the the people who where saying "he has a ISIS flag" were wrong, I knew that flag soon as i saw it and that it was not ISIS.

I do not belief this guy was ISIS, my initial thoughts are that he was a lone wolf radical who is sympathetic to ISIS but I have yet to see any proof that ISIS leadership ordered him to do what he done and until we have such proof one cannot say this was a "ISIS Attack".

edit on 15-12-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you get a flag for me for denying ignorance, this is how it should be done.

No it isn't.

It's ignoring clear evidence that the man wanted to be connected to the Islamic state.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly. So if real a ISIS member does something like this, well, he's just acting on behalf of the cause but not insane? There is a double standard. They're all mental in my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
I think the OP is trying too hard to disassociate this person from ISIS and that makes the OP suspect.

What exactly is your agenda, Walsh?

Yes, I understand getting the facts straight, but he did ask for an ISIS flag,

And why are there apologist when it comes to ISIS?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join