It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the United States Spread of Democracy Getting Out of Hand?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
It is pride that god hates. There is nothing more prideful than a flag waving idiot who believes that it is a mandate from God that his country would be the one to shine the light on another.

I don't appreciate your calling me an idiot. The pride you speak of is not sin that God hates and the defense of our nation is not as whimsical as you so arrogantly suggest.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

A man's pride will bring him low, but the humble in spirit will retain honor.

When pride comes, then comes shame; but with the humble is wisdom.

"I abhor the pride of Jacob, and hate his palaces; therefore I will deliver up the city and all that is in it."

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
"Democracy" could kick the entire US poplulation in the soft-bits and no one would know the difference!

Just look at how your votes are (not) counted in the US if you are black, or otherwise ethnicly challenged.

Just look at the statements coming form Washington (concerning Hugo Chavez in Venezuela): " just becasue you win a majority of the vote doesn't make your goverment legitimate"

Now that sounds like people who know what democracy is

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't exactly call what the US is doing the spread of Democracy - more like the spread of the world police.

While our freedom is being squashed we are supposedly giving freedom to others - that just doesn't make much sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The originator of this thread should apologize for his lack of perspective and humbly request that this thread be closed and trashed. Who would dare to limit the spread of human liberty?

Limit the spread of human liberty?

Sadly the only liberty i see spreading is the liberty for the US and its corpoate buddies to rob the 3rd world blind.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The originator of this thread should apologize for his lack of perspective and humbly request that this thread be closed and trashed. Who would dare to limit the spread of human liberty?

[edit on 04/12/14 by GradyPhilpott]

If I had to apologize for this thread because you dont respect my oppinion, then half of the threads on ATS would not be, and I never asked you to read this thread, yet alone post in it. And if anything, you should apologize for denying my right of freedom of speech and stating how patriotic you are and then telling others they cant say certain things. You sir, are the ignorant one.

"God Bless America, and No Place Else."

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The American definition of democracy as of late makes me desire for isolationist Canada. You guys got any room up there!?! I'll teach you canuks the proper condiment to put on your french fries.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

www.albatrus.org...

Democracy Versus Republic

These succinct definitions of what is Democracy and what is a Republic was produced by the US Army in 1928, These definitions have been quietly withdrawn since, soon after.

Democracy:

A government of the masses.

Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of "direct" expression.

Results in mobocracy.

Attitude toward property is comunistic-negating property rights.

Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate. whether it be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.

Results in demagogism license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.

Democracy is the "direct" rule of the people and has been repeatedly tried without success.

[edit: clipped quoted content, added source link and Required EX tags]
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join