It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad rap: U.S. tried to stir unrest in Cuba by infiltrating its hip hop scene

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
As for your claim of being the same in Cuba as in the U.S?... You are out of your mind...
It is more and more obvious that you are spouting the "sanitized communist official" story of Cuba.

You, sir are being very selective in your commentary. I have said that I could look at the United States and find the same sort of inequities that you are talking about in Cuba. That is not the same as your statement: "As for your claim of being the same in Cuba as in the U.S?" Not at all. In fact we call that a straw man argument. You have also chosen to ignore my comments about the moral ambiguity attached to dealing with China...another Communist Dictatorship. Own any thing made in China? Your keyboard? Nor have you spoken about other Caribbean countries who go through worse hardships under the guise of democracy.

You are choosing your own lens, one without nuance. Good for you, but I am not obliged to share it. I tried to politely walk away from this conversation in a past post. Now I am just walking away.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

No, the strawmant is in your argument. You sir keep wanting to believe an OPRESSIVE COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP...

The majority of Cubans live under minimal wages than the wages of the poorest people in the United States... In the United States you can still say negative things about the political system and you won't get jailed. it is different when a protest becomes violent, so don't go there. If you speak out against the regime in Cuba and are seen by the communist thugs you are beaten, and imprisoned. And I am not talking about hitting a Cuban officer, or getting physical, but simply speaking out against the government in public...

Are there injustices In the United States? unfortunately yes there are, but your claim that you can find the same inequities in the U.S. as in Cuba is simply false. The majority of people in the U.S. do not live like the majority of people in Cuba.

Keep walking away all you want, that is not dismissing the fact that you are simply willing to ignore and dismiss the real plight of Cubans living under the communist dictatorship.

Like always, you didn't even watch that last video, or any other because it shows that you are willingly walking with blinders when it comes to the situation of Cubans in the island.

edit on 15-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You see, there are people, and it seems it includes you, who want to claim that the dissent in Cuba is all a "CIA plot"... which is patently a LIE...

1.What is a lie is actually a fact and thus your trying to defend the program speaks for itself otherwise why are you trying desperately to prove so otherwise?

I have seen your types before as i told you Syrian/Libyan supporters you arent new. I know your tactics.

you are from Libya it doesn't mean you know what is happening in Cuba.

CIA manufactured the protests in Libya the same way they tried in Cuba, why are you so derspate this USAID/CIA program eh then?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

you won't get jailed.

Oh no but you will be marked as a nutcase and ignored by the news outlets if you dare to speak out agaisnt the westren system or at least its wars.

No doubt if you do return to Cuba you will be involved in one of these protest programs judging by your defensive comments of them and the way your avoiding any mentions of Libya, whats the matter?

Don't want to know how Libya is in hellhole because of those anti Gaddafi protests?

At least Gaddafi kept Libya in check.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I mentioned that could be occurring on regards to this topic I stated that the Cuban government could be making at least some of these claims up, because they tend to do that, and also that it could be possible that this was happening but that the Cuban hip-hop artists didn't know the U.S. was trying to use them.

Your comical. Since the Serbian/2000 protests the US was known to manufacture protests the fact that this specific program even brought Serbian hip hop singers to Cuba says alot.

Look up your buddy Rajko Bozic

I know what these protests can do to a nation and they wont bring any change nor wont stop the murders in either Cuba or elsewhere.

The Crime will continue even after the Castros die off old age. But that wont stop the Crimes what makes you think America cares about Cubans?

America Wants Cuba as an Military strategic take over why you think they wanted to invade it? because they wanted to bring Democracy and Freedom? no.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

DUDE THIS IS NOT ABOUT Libya and I am certain it wasn't me you were discussing that ... I am not even sure what the heck you are talking about, (I know part of what is happening there but don't know what you are talking about in specific which is in a different topic...) but it has nothing to do with this thread. GO TO THAT THREAD AND DISCUSS IT THERE...

And LEARN to understand within context what people type. Look again at my argument. Where in this thread did I support Rajko Bozic ? I don't even know who that is... Show a DIRECT QUOTE of me supporting Bozic...

What people like you keep claiming which is a LIE is that protests in Cuba are all CIA fronts which is BULL#, or the claim that "in Cuba it isn't that bad"...

Just because some groups outside of Cuba want to use dissidents in the island it doesn't mean that the protests in Cuba, and all those Cubans who speak out against the communist dictatorship are CIA operations... for crying out loud.

As for whether the United States cares about Cuba, none of you who keep backing the communist regime care about what happens there either, instead you want to believe the lies about Cuba and want to ignore the realities in there...

YOU, and Canuck among some others are in this thread trying to use the misfortune of Cubans under a communist regime to bash more at the U.S.A. Some in here are even taking advantage of the situation in Cuba, and you want to ignore completely what is the real culprit behind the misfortune in Cuba... So how does that make you care about what has been happening in Cuba?... You are just using it for your own political propaganda...

edit on 15-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join