It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cops Fatally Shoot Suspect Who Stabbed Student In Brooklyn Synagogue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So language warning and violence in the video.

Early this morning, a police officer shot and killed a knife-wielding man who allegedly stabbed a yeshiva student at a Jewish Synagogue in Crown Heights. Video of the confrontation shows officers repeatedly ordering the suspect to drop his knife —which the suspect did, before apparently grabbing the knife again and lunging at officers.

They really didn't want to shoot that guy. I realize he was probably nuts, what a horrible situation for everyone involved. I'm glad the thing was captured on camera because if it hadn't been there would be a ton of outrage. I was rather impressed with the bystanders trying to get the guy to put down the knife and keep the cop from shooting.

While the cop has to be a little dumb to have holstered his weapon before backup arrived, he sure did seem pretty calm all things considered.

Link

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I mean he didn't really do much to stop him from getting the knife again...
he took his time to move over and secure it and backed up and let him get to it.

And I will always ask why a taser can't be used when he is just standing there

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I mean he didn't really do much to stop him from getting the knife again...
he took his time to move over and secure it and backed up and let him get to it.

And I will always ask why a taser can't be used when he is just standing there

This man already stabbed someone and tried to take a life.....shoot him dead I say. We dont need another POS clogging up our prisons and costing taxpayers $just to keep them locked up. As to the taser, they are not always effective, plus, sometimes they do not stick in the purp, or they get caught on their clothes and are ineffective. Then he could attack the officers or throw his knife at them endangering their lives. Someone that has no value for another human life, has no place on this planet in my opinion.
edit on 9-12-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

ETA: I expect the people to come along and say "well you dont have any respect for human life if you want this man dead", to which I will just reply now, you know what the hell I mean. And if you dont, too bad
edit on 9-12-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Props to the LEO for getting the knife away from him once, but I dunno what made him holster his sidearm while the subject was still standing. Prone that dude out on his face at least.

Hopefully nobody complains about him dropping the f-bomb!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Would you then take your sweet time moving over to secure it?
Why would you not block the path so that knife can not be picked up again?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why don't YOU tell us what you would've done?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I would of put my self in front of the weapon as the guy was now unarmed and is no more a threat then anyone else that cop will deal with that day.
What is so unreasonable about that?

Why would you allow the opportunity for the man you are worried is going to kill you with the weapon he just dropped to get then grab it again?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

No no, what would you have done from step one. Not what would you have done halfway into the situation. What would you have done from the moment you entered that room?
edit on 9-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Punctuation

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ya not going to play that game with you.
I expressed the part I had issue with and told you what I would have done differently.
Can you answer what was so unreasonable about asking the police officer to secure the weapon that is causing the lethal response?

How is it more dangerous for him to block the perp from the knife then it is to leave the path open to it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

How can you say you have respect for life when you are calling for the death of this man?

He committed a crime, he deserved to pay for his crime.
His life should not be his payment.

And yes, tasers never ever work so cops can even try when they have a guy just standing there.
He might be a knife throwing ninja that will then throw the knife and kill/hurt some one.
Cause that is such and easy feet to do.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

There's something way wrong with this video. Either the cops are so poorly trained or this is staged. Can't be anything else.

link   

Well to be fair if the cop had backup I would agree a tazer would have been appropriate.

Not so much when dealing with a guy who has a deadly weapon in a tight place with bystanders too close. You get one try with a tazer at that range. It's easy to miss, a lot of people know to roll out of the wires, sometimes people are too crazed or doped up for it to be all that effective.

He holsters his gloves to put on PPE (I think) since the guy was bloody from already stabbing someone. Again, not the smartest move. It's sort of hard to train for this situation. When you've got that much adrenaline pumping and are scared it's easy to make stupid little mistakes. It appeared to me that the cop was trying to get between the guy and the knife, but after the guy got too close he didn't want to be in cutting distance or have to fight for it.

link   

What game? You're the tactical expert, so you tell me what should be done.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No no, what would you have done from step one. Not what would you have done halfway into the situation. What would you have done from the moment you entered that room?
What I would have done from step one is walk up there and taser the guy. No if's and's or buts. Guess the NYPD can no longer afford the batteries.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh and the first thing this cop did wrong was to not clear the room of potential hostages. This cop needs to be fired. He has no clue what to do. His training failed him.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Looks clean cut to me and for once i agree that the cop acted like he should do and it didn't take long for the video to be released so what are they doing with the other cases that are on going.

Hollywood has CCTV's all over it so do they need time to doctor the images or to wait to see if someone else also has a copy that would contodict any photoshop jobs done by the police.

One legal killing does not make the other murders vanish.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Would you then take your sweet time moving over to secure it?
Why would you not block the path so that knife can not be picked up again?

The guy could easily have had another knife on him, LEO's usually keep their distance from knife wielders or shoot them if they don't comply, a man with a holstered gun is not much of a match for a guy holding a knife if within 15 feet or so, by the time the gun is drawn they have a knife in their chest or throat or eye. Knives are much easier to conceal than guns are and in my opinion much more deadly at close distances. As for why the LEO holstered his gun... I have no idea.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

First one I found, not great quality and the filmers annoy the crap out of me. I wouldn't want to take that risk if I was alone with a guy who had already stabbed someone (apparently) and was holding a knife so near other people.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Bilk22

First one I found, not great quality and the filmers annoy the crap out of me. I wouldn't want to take that risk if I was alone with a guy who had already stabbed someone (apparently) and was holding a knife so near other people.
Go away. How many people will be able to do that?

I'd argue further but this was a staged shooting to further racial tensions and now they have the Hassids involved. Brilliant.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Nor is your comment germane to this shooting except in the barest of terms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join