It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cops Fatally Shoot Suspect Who Stabbed Student In Brooklyn Synagogue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes cause the cops let him cause one guy decided blocking the path to the weapon would not be a good idea.
If you are in fear for your life cause of that knife and the person sets it down and gives you an opportunity to make sure it is taken out of the equation then why as a cop would you not do that?

I've already answered this question in my rather lengthy post a couple of pages ago. The officer moved to secure the subject, or the weapon, one or the other. We won't know, because when the officer got between the subject and the weapon, the subject flipped out and went for the knife again. Even after the officer shoved him back and drew his sidearm, the subject went for the weapon.

I'm not going to keep explaining the same things to you over and over again. Tasers are not the perfect solution to every problem. Tasers are not an appropriate response to a knife, gun, or any other lethal weapon. You want to Monday morning quarterback every decision made by every officer in every video. Meanwhile, you've never held any sort of law enforcement position, and are pontificating from a position of ignorance. Yes, the world would be a lovely place if every situation could be handled perfectly, every time, and end with people hugging it out. Unfortunately the world is the world, and not everybody wants to hug it out, and not everybody wants to cooperate with what you want them to do.

Oh, and to clarify: I'm not in fear for my life because of the knife. A knife is a knife. Just like a gun, it can't hurt me on it's own. But the same knife in the hands of a person who does want to hurt me? Yea, that's what causes a fear for life. Which is why you worry about the person, since the knife isn't going to leap off the table and stab you in the back on it's own.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: reasons

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So the other officers got there at the exact time he put the knife down?
Cause he grabs it and then as he walks away the officers are there standing... they were there before.
You really think he would put his gun away if he was alone?!
And if he had time to put his gun away and stand there and look around while what seems like putting gloves on then he had time to put him self in between the weapon and the suspect cause that is his job.
He allowed the man to become a threat again and then shot him for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yes cause the cops let him cause one guy decided blocking the path to the weapon would not be a good idea.
If you are in fear for your life cause of that knife and the person sets it down and gives you an opportunity to make sure it is taken out of the equation then why as a cop would you not do that?

I've already answered this question in my rather lengthy post a couple of pages ago. The officer moved to secure the subject, or the weapon, one or the other. We won't know, because when the officer got between the subject and the weapon, the subject flipped out and went for the knife again. Even after the officer shoved him back and drew his sidearm, the subject went for the weapon.

I'm not going to keep explaining the same things to you over and over again. Tasers are not the perfect solution to every problem. Tasers are not an appropriate response to a knife, gun, or any other lethal weapon. You want to Monday morning quarterback every decision made by every officer in every video. Meanwhile, you've never held any sort of law enforcement position, and are pontificating from a position of ignorance. Yes, the world would be a lovely place if every situation could be handled perfectly, every time, and end with people hugging it out. Unfortunately the world is the world, and not everybody wants to hug it out, and not everybody wants to cooperate with what you want them to do.

Oh, and to clarify: I'm not in fear for my life because of the knife. A knife is a knife. Just like a gun, it can't hurt me on it's own. But the same knife in the hands of a person who does want to hurt me? Yea, that's what causes a fear for life. Which is why you worry about the person, since the knife isn't going to leap off the table and stab you in the back on it's own.

*hugs sham*

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

He didn't even touch him nor did he put him self between the weapon! !
You are right I have never been an LEO, that doesn't mean I can't watch a video and see with my own eyes what happened.
Keep living in fear that everyone is out to kill you, would hate to live my life that way.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So the other officers got there at the exact time he put the knife down?
Cause he grabs it and then as he walks away the officers are there standing... they were there before.
You really think he would put his gun away if he was alone?!
And if he had time to put his gun away and stand there and look around while what seems like putting gloves on then he had time to put him self in between the weapon and the suspect cause that is his job.
He allowed the man to become a threat again and then shot him for it.

LOL....no they weren't there. You act as if he took 2 steps? He walked about 25 feet to the end of a bookcase at the end of the video.

And now you are blaming the officer for the perps actions? Wow...brilliant. Sure, it wasn't the guy that had just stabbed someone's fault...it was the officer that shot him.

And he DID put himself between him and the weapon....where do you think that weapon was that the perp went for after he put it down, on the officer's belt? It was on the desk the officer had just stepped in front of to keep himself in between.

This cop tried everything he could to NOT shoot this guy and this thug decided he didn't want to go out that way....

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No he didn't! He walked forward and then backed up! The guy didn't have to go around him or anything.
All the cop did was tell him don't touch the knife, not sure how that is doing everything he could not to shoot him.
He let the man reestablish himself as a threat and didn't want to go hands on to keep it that way.
And you can hear the other officers while he is talking to guy, they were there and you know it
And of course he is a thug lol!!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No he didn't! He walked forward and then backed up! The guy didn't have to go around him or anything.
All the cop did was tell him don't touch the knife, not sure how that is doing everything he could not to shoot him.
He let the man reestablish himself as a threat and didn't want to go hands on to keep it that way.
And you can hear the other officers while he is talking to guy, they were there and you know it

The cop even holstered his weapon because he thought he had the situation under control before the guy lunged for the knife again.....and yes the officer did attempt to put himself between the knife and the perp. Where do you think he was walking, to grab a book for some light reading?

Like I said...you think he is going to try to wrestle him after he just stabbed someone? As a police officer, hand to hand is the last place you want to be....that puts you and the perp on level playing ground and gives the perp an opportunity to take you out.

Silly really.....the cops that were behind him showed up after the incident began and had almost ended.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think you're watching the video and seeing what you want to see. The officer was moving to get between the subject and the knife, to secure the subject. I was mistaken, the officer did not push the subject. But the officer drew his sidearm and the subject STILL went after the knife again. The other two officers weren't there, at least according to the video, until just before the shot was fired. So what were they supposed to do? One was all the way across the room and the other didn't even know where the subject was until he got practically face to face with him. Oh, he should've tackled him and stuff. Right.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The cops were there, you can hear the radios going off. Do you really think they got there right as the cam panned over??
Just timed it so perfect that right as they get there they get caught on cam?!
Come on now let's be real.
And yes I would want to cop to physically stop the man from getting the knife again as that is what all the fuss is about and what is putting them in danger.
The officer took his sweet time even stopping and looking back at the cam when he first holsters his weapon before making any move to the weapon on the table.
And I'm done now, you are a cop so of course you won't say they didn't anything wrong caused you were trained the same way.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Um....no. I hear a radio. And only one radio. And I hear the bystanders. What do you think the other officers were doing, hanging out and watching the show?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Get over yourself. Read my posts. Three times, three separate incidents, I've said an officer or officers were out of line. I've encouraged people to report officers who over stepped their boundaries. I told one of them he was part of the problem for NOT reporting an officer.

Yea, that's really sticking to the party line, right? Yea, we're done here

edit on 10-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The cops were there, you can hear the radios going off. Do you really think they got there right as the cam panned over??
Just timed it so perfect that right as they get there they get caught on cam?!
Come on now let's be real.
And yes I would want to cop to physically stop the man from getting the knife again as that is what all the fuss is about and what is putting them in danger.
The officer took his sweet time even stopping and looking back at the cam when he first holsters his weapon before making any move to the weapon on the table.
And I'm done now, you are a cop so of course you won't say they didn't anything wrong caused you were trained the same way.

Well....I am not a cop and I think this one did quite a bit to try to diffuse the situation....all the way up to the point the perp decided to lunge for the knife again....pretty stupid if you ask me, but hey, you seem to be able to understand how to react in a situation like this so let's put you in that situation next time....maybe volunteer to be the person that gets between a thug that stabbed someone and their knife.

Simple to me really...knife was down, no reason to pick it back up other than to try to stab someone else....cop pulls gun and shoots him. You can't blame the officer for a stupid individuals actions....the perp obviously had bad intentions on his mind or he would have left the knife right where he originally put it down.

The fact you are getting upset because he was shot is stupid...there are plenty of what if's....so what if the guy got the knife and quickly cut the officers throat before he could put him down, what if he killed just one more person before they could stop him? The cop did what he could and that is that.

Don't commit a violent crime and maybe you won't die....VERY SIMPLE THOUGHT PROCESS that even a thug can understand.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It seems that every instance of a cop responding to someone with lethal force, whether it's justified or not, will always be demonized by the people who think every single LEO is some dirty harry wannabe just looking for an excuse to perforate someone.

This video is pretty damn cut and dry to me. Guy had a knife, stabbed a guy, was disarmed, guy goes for knife AGAIN, and is justifiably shot. And somehow, through ALL of this, people still try to make the cop out to be the bad guy in the situation.

What would it take for you to call a police killing justified self-defense? Does the knife need to be INSIDE the officer before he can use lethal force? Does he need to have already been wounded by a bullet before he fires back?
edit on 10-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar correction

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
It seems that every instance of a cop responding to someone while lethal force, whether it's justified or not, will always be demonized by the people who think every single LEO is some dirty harry wannabe just looking for an excuse to perforate someone.

This video is pretty damn cut and dry to me. Guy had a knife, stabbed a guy, was disarmed, guy goes for knife AGAIN, and is justifiably shot. And somehow, through ALL of this, people still try to make the cop out to be the bad guy in the situation.

What would it take for you to call a police killing justified self-defense? Does the knife need to be INSIDE the officer before he can use lethal force? Does he need to have already been wounded by a bullet before he fires back?

That would seem to sum up exactly what some of the people on ATS would like. A new law stating that the LEO's have to be physically wounded by the subject of an attack in order to use justifiable lethal force.....sad for all of those around that are not LEO's as we would be free game to be stabbed as the individual was in this instance...

I truly don't get the mindset of those that can say this was not a justifiable shooting.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

*hugs sham*

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Warm....maybe even warm and fuzzy?!?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

*hugs sham*

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Warm....maybe even warm and fuzzy?!?

Probably just fuzzy...we all know cops can't be warm. It's too cold in Atlanta for me to be warm anyways...even with a grizzly beard...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

True story. Maybe fuzzy and prickly. See what I did there?!? Lolllll

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

True story. Maybe fuzzy and prickly. See what I did there?!? Lolllll

Gotta have a sense of humor don't you....i mean you actually seem like a real person!

Tell you what....i am more concerned about the lady sitting next to me at the bar, cussing at FedEx over the phone for not being able to change an address on her package without her coming back to the store than I am any LEO I have ever met...she is truly scary.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Don't say things like that! People might stop calling me a shill. I mean crap, only after I complained about my lack of hate mail did I finally get any, and that was from railgun!

Hell hath no fury, my bearded friend

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I still contend that you're a meanie, and a poopyface.

Grr!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join