It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cops Fatally Shoot Suspect Who Stabbed Student In Brooklyn Synagogue

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: thesmokingman

How can you say you have respect for life when you are calling for the death of this man?

He committed a crime, he deserved to pay for his crime.
His life should not be his payment.

And yes, tasers never ever work so cops can even try when they have a guy just standing there.
He might be a knife throwing ninja that will then throw the knife and kill/hurt some one.
Cause that is such and easy feet to do.

Read the ETA at the bottom of my post. This man did not just commit a crime he tried to kill another human being, and for that it is my belief that he should be wiped from the earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No I read it, just don't believe in an eye for an eye.

Guess we just need to start killing all people that are in prison for attempted murder.
Very constitutional.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman shoot him dead I say.

summary execution. not good.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

How can you say you have respect for life when you are calling for the death of this man?

And yes, tasers never ever work so cops can even try when they have a guy just standing there.
He might be a knife throwing ninja that will then throw the knife and kill/hurt some one.

Read the ETA at the bottom of my post. This man did not just commit a crime he tried to kill another human being, and for that it is my belief that he should be wiped from the earth.

So you actually don't believe in the rule of law and allowing the justice system to work. Just shoot 'em all and let God sort it out? Your ilk seem to be in the majority in the police departments these days. No respect for the law whatsoever, thinking themselves to judge, jury and executioner. I simply don't understand that mindset but it seems prevalent.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

No I read it, just don't believe in an eye for an eye.

Guess we just need to start killing all people that are in prison for attempted murder.
Very constitutional.

Maybe....since the governments already picking apart the constitution.......

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

So you actually don't believe in the rule of law and allowing the justice system to work. Just shoot 'em all and let God sort it out? Your ilk seem to be in the majority in the police departments these days. No respect for the law whatsoever, thinking themselves to judge, jury and executioner. I simply don't understand that mindset but it seems prevalent.

I dont believe in god.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I dont believe in god.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I will stand by what you say 100% plus, and here's WHY, In April 1986 our 17 year sons friend died from a brain tumour. On September 26th 1986, our 17 year old son - and the brother of his lost friend - went to book a holiday. They were trying to get over such a great loss. As they stood waiting for a Bus, a group of 21 year olds came out of a a nearby pub, walked down to the bus stop and started a Violent attack. One 21 year old - who by the way had 36 previous convictions - Pulled out a KNIFE and Stabbed and wounded our sons friend, then Stabbed our Son in the heart, thereby Murdering him. The Knife yielding Murderer was laqter convicted and got a so called 'LIFE Sentence'. He served 17 years in Prison and was the Paroled. That Muderous, non respective lout walks free and no doubt happy. My Wife plus our other 2 Sons + 1 Daughter Must serve a True LIFE sentence. The prison officials can parole a Murderer but how about the Innocent Unarmed VICTIM plus tehir Families ???????? It is us who serve a real Life sentence that does not get easier as time passes. Let the usual crowd of nagging fools continue their stupid Moans etc. They are Ignorant, We the Parents of a Murdereed Son are not so ignorant and neither was the Police Officer who ended the time for this Synogogue Knife assailant. Too easy to nag and moan for the so called 'Poor Prisoner etc', yet Prisoner have around 39 seperate Charities who work to help Prisoners and their Families. WE The Parents of a Murdered SON had No such support - until we started such on 17th November 1986. Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to thesmokingman. Think again to the other moaning fools........

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: steaming

I will stand by what you say 100% plus, and here's WHY, In April 1986 our 17 year sons friend died from a brain tumour. On September 26th 1986, our 17 year old son - and the brother of his lost friend - went to book a holiday. They were trying to get over such a great loss. As they stood waiting for a Bus, a group of 21 year olds came out of a a nearby pub, walked down to the bus stop and started a Violent attack. One 21 year old - who by the way had 36 previous convictions - Pulled out a KNIFE and Stabbed and wounded our sons friend, then Stabbed our Son in the heart, thereby Murdering him. The Knife yielding Murderer was laqter convicted and got a so called 'LIFE Sentence'. He served 17 years in Prison and was the Paroled. That Muderous, non respective lout walks free and no doubt happy. My Wife plus our other 2 Sons + 1 Daughter Must serve a True LIFE sentence. The prison officials can parole a Murderer but how about the Innocent Unarmed VICTIM plus tehir Families ???????? It is us who serve a real Life sentence that does not get easier as time passes. Let the usual crowd of nagging fools continue their stupid Moans etc. They are Ignorant, We the Parents of a Murdereed Son are not so ignorant and neither was the Police Officer who ended the time for this Synogogue Knife assailant. Too easy to nag and moan for the so called 'Poor Prisoner etc', yet Prisoner have around 39 seperate Charities who work to help Prisoners and their Families. WE The Parents of a Murdered SON had No such support - until we started such on 17th November 1986. Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to thesmokingman. Think again to the other moaning fools........

So, because your justice system is broken, you wish for all humans to be subjected to immediate execution without benefit of a trial?
Sincerely, if you are still carrying this much anger and hate in your heart, you really need to get some mental health counseling.
May you never meet a LEO who shares your philosophy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I dont believe in god.

Nice dodge but it doesn't answer my question about your promotion of anarchy.
Rule of law means nothing to you, you are perfectly willing to condone a police state where the cops are judge, jury and executioner?
You'd better hope they don't make smoking illegal...Boom! "He was a smoking man, he didn't deserve to live."

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Just for the record, 5 years after losing our beloved Son, I was eventually allowed to Visit the Prison and meet the Murderer to ask him "WHY ?". Believe it or not - oh yes I was by then running a WHY Campaign to try and stop idiots carrying KNIVES, especially those call Street Fighting Knives.......Thats what was used to kill our son. When I meet this 'Murderous' bum, I even shook its hand, something he apparently never got over, he thought I was gping to punch him.......Sorry, I can not go down so low for that. You will wake-up as time goes by and you will realise what I said. Until then I feel sorry for you.

PS I am a Taurus, thank you. have a nice day now
edit on 9-12-2014 by steaming because: Forgot the last few words

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

a reply to: kdyam

It's your claim that he most likely he had another weapon since

People who look to cause violence usually carry more than one weapon.

So maybe you can find the info to back it up

Or maybe you can answer the original question I asked, did any of the reports state he didn't have another weapon? After all you seem to think that police work is all cut and dry, once a perp puts the weapon down the confrontation is over.... so where is your proof? I posed a question to you... please answer it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

Nothing in the OP talks about him having a second weapon and they quote the report plenty.

The confrontation would not be over when he put the knife down but it was sure as heck de-escalated.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And then the subject re-escalated it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: steaming

Im so sorry for your loss. I cant even begin to imagine! Good for you for being as strong as you can! Thank you for the kind words and yes, people need to stop feeling sorry for and worrying about the rights of people like this. In my eyes they lost their rights when they decided to commit the crime they did. It always sickens me when people are against the death penalty because its "inhumane" or that the prisoner suffers. Again, most of these people have never lost someone close to them by the hands of violence like this, therefore they will never be able to understand. Happy holidays to you as well steaming!!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes cause the cops let him cause one guy decided blocking the path to the weapon would not be a good idea.
If you are in fear for your life cause of that knife and the person sets it down and gives you an opportunity to make sure it is taken out of the equation then why as a cop would you not do that?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I dont believe in god.

Nice dodge but it doesn't answer my question about your promotion of anarchy.
Rule of law means nothing to you, you are perfectly willing to condone a police state where the cops are judge, jury and executioner?
You'd better hope they don't make smoking illegal...Boom! "He was a smoking man, he didn't deserve to live."

How can I be "promoting" anarchy AND a police state at the same time? I said what I said, its my opinion, and I am not going to defend my position to you or anyone else.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes cause the cops let him cause one guy decided blocking the path to the weapon would not be a good idea.
If you are in fear for your life cause of that knife and the person sets it down and gives you an opportunity to make sure it is taken out of the equation then why as a cop would you not do that?

Likely police procedure in a situation where you are the only officer. If a perp drops a weapon, do you take your eyes off the perp long enough to look at the weapon, determine where you need to stand and move there, or even move to kick it out of the way? The officer had no idea if the perp had another weapon and could not check him due to his being the only officer on the scene.

Good riddance to the POS perp.....and yes, I too am all for taking crap like this out instead of paying for them the rest of my life while they eat 3 meals a day and have shelter.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

First off he wasn't the only officer there, watch the video there is 3 total, him plus 2 others
So that pretty much takes care of your whole post.
And he stops and looks around and does take his eyes of the perp so that is not what prevented him from securing that weapon.
The man put the knife down and the cop did nothing to prevent him from getting it back, even decided to not do anything but step back and shoot when he saw he was going for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

First off he wasn't the only officer there, watch the video there is 3 total, him plus 2 others
So that pretty much takes care of your whole post.
And he stops and looks around and does take his eyes of the perp so that is not what prevented him from securing that weapon.
The man put the knife down and the cop did nothing to prevent him from getting it back, even decided to not do anything but step back and shoot when he saw he was going for it.

The other officers arrived after he had the perp put the knife down. The knife was set down on the desk. The officer attempted to get between the perp and the desk when the perp lunged for it again.

So I guess that takes care of your post.

What's he going to do when the perp goes for it? Wrestle him? No...when you are the only one there, you pull your gun and shoot him.

Notice in the video the only other cops show up after this whole thing has taken place when the perp is trying to go down the aisle of the building, only then do the other officers arrive to confront.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join