It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Vacuum cleaner attachment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Nice find looks like a alien skeleton bone. Interesting... I don't know what that is at its left corner however? Maybe a rock

edit on 12/9/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
To be fair, it is really dusty on Mars. SO I can totally see the aliens cleaning it up now and then.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
To be fair, it is really dusty on Mars. SO I can totally see the aliens cleaning it up now and then.

They're not doing a very good job!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

At first I thought it was a photo-editor hoax
But checked out the link and its on the official
NASA website.

I think I even know what model it is:

Obviously, its a Dyson.

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Everything looks weird on Mars because well… its Mars.

That's what I was getting at, some of the rocks examined by the earlier rovers or landers found that some 'rocks' were conglomerates with all the signatures of flowing water in the past in layers and mineral depositions, a kind of concrete I suppose. In the billions of years that have passed, weathering of some sort has never ceased, it still continues, and not just confined to wind erosion when there are other atmospheric effects possible like heat and coldness. A lot of mystery as yet, but erosion continues.
Comparison in this picture of a Death Valley rock on the left and a Mars rock,

The caption is,
"A wind-sand chiseled boulder in Death Valley (left) and a similar wind-worked rock on Mars photographed by the Spirit Rover. Rocks sculpted by wind-blown sand or ice are called ventifacts. Credit: Daniel Mayer (left) and NASA - See more at:"

astrobob.areavoices.com...
They look similar in many ways, so how different are they? I don't know, but there is a different history over a long period of time, so they must be different in some way?

edit on 9-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2014 by smurfy because: Double.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This is freaking amazing .. could it be that maintenance forgot to retrieve their mouthpiece after cleaning curiosity?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They look similar in many ways, so how different are they? I don't know, but there is a different history over a long period of time, so they must be different in some way?

Interesting information. The two pics you brought look the same. They surely have both been exposed to either high winds or prolonged winds at some point to erode like that.

Thing is, as I understand it, on Mars the wind pressure isn't high enough to erode or is it? Maybe it just takes longer to get the same sandblasted effect. Or maybe the effect could result quicker in a volcanic vent or blast wave from a meteor impact? I dunno. Certainly compelling…

Images of ventifacts

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Thing is, as I understand it, on Mars the wind pressure isn't high enough to erode or is it? ...

Evidence of dust-devils on Mars ... apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap091021.html

BTW the "cleaner attachment" looks like two separate rocks to me : a triangular one and a smaller oval one.

edit on DecemberTue, 09 Dec 2014 18:51:44 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What would you give to see the other side of it.
Can this object be reached? or is it nested in a tangled crop of uplifted strata?
Next would be, would they even try and retreive it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

Thing is, as I understand it, on Mars the wind pressure isn't high enough to erode or is it? ...

Evidence of dust-devils on Mars ... apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap091021.html

BTW the "cleaner attachment" looks like two separate rocks to me : a triangular one and a smaller oval one.

Bingo! I agree after you mention it, it does look like 2 seperate rocks. I believe that is the answer to this mystery.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am still waiting for an object that does not look like a natural part of the environment. I do like the image a lot cause it does look just like a vacuum cleaner head, but at the end of the day it's clearly just another rock formation. We have some crazy ones here on planet Earth too. I still always enjoy these types of threads, and someday in our lifetime maybe....... ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank12345

Cha-Ching! Thats a good assessment.

Martian dust devils are too awesome.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
oh .. yea.. totally looks like a rock .. !!!

I mean.. of course it's a rock, very smooth edges, nearly man-made shape, perfectly oval hole at what appears to be at the end of another.. rock ..

................i'm TOTALLY not buying that .. even from the exploded view....it looks NOTHING like a naturally formed rock .. a forgotten stage prop...YES....i'll even buy that .. or a piece of the rover... YES>. !! Definitely...but a damm rock .. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS...

those that think this is rock .. plz give the rest of us that don't see anything that resembles such a thing a breakdown within the picture and describe how exactly 2 rocks are forming this .. USE the OP's pic...even the exploded view.. cuz' I ain't seeing that..
edit on 9-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I am sceptical of the oddly-shaped rock photos which are sometimes touted on here as something else. This one is something artificial. Unless we care to believe it is yet another piece of a billion-dollar, yet not screwed together too tightly rover, I would have to class this as an alien artifact. a reply to: Xeven

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Betting it's not two rocks. If it were, then the shading (shadow?) of the "oval" 2nd rock should be relative to the surrounding environment. But it isn't. In fact, the shading is consistent with it being a hole, given the lighting from the other rock structures, and the much lighter shading encircling the right side of it's "outer" circumference.

Look at the surrounding rock outcroppings and compare the shading/shadowing to the "oval" rock. They are the opposite. Which strongly suggests the the inverse is true"er". That it's a hole.

HOWEVER. If it were a hole, then we should expect the darker shadowing would be at least as strong/dark as the the shadow of the larger flat rock above...

It's a visual anomaly!!

... unless it's a plugged hole... with sand?

edit on 10-12-2014 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2014 by Flux8 because: thinking out loud

edit on 10-12-2014 by Flux8 because: ... and grammar

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I would do the same, but only if it is on Mars. Because if it is on Earth, then it has to be man made because there are men here. At least there are still a few, anyway. Most have already joined up with the elves.

edit on 10-12-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
oh .. yea.. totally looks like a rock .. !!!

I mean.. of course it's a rock, very smooth edges, nearly man-made shape, perfectly oval hole at what appears to be at the end of another.. rock ..

................i'm TOTALLY not buying that .. even from the exploded view....it looks NOTHING like a naturally formed rock .. a forgotten stage prop...YES....i'll even buy that .. or a piece of the rover... YES>. !! Definitely...but a damm rock .. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS...

those that think this is rock .. plz give the rest of us that don't see anything that resembles such a thing a breakdown within the picture and describe how exactly 2 rocks are forming this .. USE the OP's pic...even the exploded view.. cuz' I ain't seeing that..

So you would believe that it is more likely to be a Marsian Vacuum Cleaner attachment than a Rock?

Just Google "amazing rock formations" and see what mother nature here on Earth can throw at you. This aint sh it baby!

Linky

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
it is " just a rock " , but the problem is - that in your rush to find " artefacts " you are ignoring the actual rocks

look at that pic again - that is IMHO sedimentary rock

it has several distinct bedding planes - and the interesting bit is the angle

obviously sediments are laid wown horizontal

so that pick evidences later tectonic uplift

now that is interesting geology - for mars

so - stop looking for artefacts of your imagination - and look at the rocks - they are real and just as interesting

if my hobbyist interpretation is correct

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Nice find! There are many artifacts on mars from Skulls, vehicles to vacuum attachment. When will nasa get the courage to step up to the plate and say: "We Are Not Alone"!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join