It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ancient alien narrative?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

weeklyworldnews ?
In truth what the video shows are crinoid stems which are marine fossils.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Not exactly a mechanical device. Look up Crinoids.

ETA: Gortex beat me to it.

Crinoids
edit on 12/8/2014 by Klassified because: add

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

weeklyworldnews ?

In truth what the video shows are crinoid stems which are marine fossils.

You have any scientific evidence to refute what scientists have said about this, plenty of info out there about it. Why would any respectable scientist say snail shells are technology seriously you need to rethink that.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Your source is the Weekly World News? You do know that is a tabloid rag correct? I mean there is a picture of Batboy on the page when you open the link. Surely you aren't telling me you are this easily duped by online lies correct?

ETA: But hey let's officially debunk this crap:
Ancient machine gears embedded in rock? Nope. Crinoid fossils. (Update: hoax)
Crinoid - wikipedia
edit on 8-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You have any scientific evidence to refute what scientists have said about this, plenty of info out there about it.

Yes , here it is from a geologist.
doubtfulnews.com...

It also appears that the archaeologist mentioned in the link isn't an archaeologist , if this is the same bloke he's a Professor of Physics.
degruyteropen.com...

Do yourself a favour and stay away from sites like weekly world news.

edit on 8-12-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anyone can easily get caught up in both sides of the story...but everyone just needs an open mind of both sides..there are things that really can't be explained, some have explanations but is it true or just hypothesis..just because something could look like something else, doesn't mean that it's not something different..so much of the past has been lost, with such as the Romans burning the library of in Alexandria, what history did we lose in that...how much has been destroyed or covered up thoughtout history...most of us are on the outside looking in on all these discoveries or hoaxes, it's getting harder to believe what is put out because most just want to debunk it all and not give it the slightest chance of being what is claimed to be...

I have an open mind to all this, pay attention to both sides as I read and listen to what everyone says. Finding answers is a hard thing to do when it comes to this. Not everyone is right and not everyone is wrong, but accepting new ideas can never hurt anyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Wow you guys dont like that source google the info and find thousands of articles on it from different sources.

Sure one guy makes a claim that its BS, doesnt mean its untrue believe what you like doesnt matter to me. I know alot of people try to debunk real things because it doesnt fit into thier idea of history or agenda.

There have been plenty of stories of destroying evidence that would be contrary to what is accepted in our current modern society.

I can only say deny ignorance as its the site motto.

Anyways like I said before theres plenty of evidence out there you just need to open you mind to see it.

Beggars description that scientists would call sea shells ancient technology, also theres plenty of ancient technology found not only in Russia but all around the world. So debunk away doesnt mean its true what your saying. Only the scientists who actually have the artifacts know the truth of the matter, and you can bet the debunking scientist doesnt have it LOLZ!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowdyrich
it's getting harder to believe what is put out because most just want to debunk it all and not give it the slightest chance of being what is claimed to be...

That's because science works with skepticism. If you put forth a claim, expect it to be attempted to be debunked. That is how the peer review process works. It is called falsifiability. If your claims cannot withstand basic scrutiny, then they aren't worth considering.

I have an open mind to all this, pay attention to both sides as I read and listen to what everyone says. Finding answers is a hard thing to do when it comes to this. Not everyone is right and not everyone is wrong, but accepting new ideas can never hurt anyone.

Being open minded is fine, but don't willingly delude yourself because you want to believe. I happen to like the Ancient Alien Hypothesis, but the evidence isn't there yet to substantiate it. So until it is, I won't be saying it is true and I will look with a VERY discerning eye at anything saying it is. Because if that diamond in the rough is found (evidence that cannot be debunked), it will provide a MUCH firmer ground to base the hypothesis on.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Wow you guys dont like that source google the info and find thousands of articles on it from different sources.

Sure one guy makes a claim that its BS, doesnt mean its untrue believe what you like doesnt matter to me. I know alot of people try to debunk real things because it doesnt fit into thier idea of history or agenda.

EVERY site you search for that claim is a dubious one. And if WWN picks it up, it is dead in the water. I don't care how many places repost that information. It is a hoax. You are deluding yourself. And with this post, you are rationalizing away evidence that contradicts your narrative.

There have been plenty of stories of destroying evidence that would be contrary to what is accepted in our current modern society.

Well post a credible one then.

At this point, all you are doing is perpetuating ignorance, not denying it. Back your claims up with credible evidence. THAT is how you deny evidence. Not post crappy sources and tell everyone else to do your research for you. That is the mark of the hoaxer or ignorant.

Anyways like I said before theres plenty of evidence out there you just need to open you mind to see it.

Produce it.

Beggars description that scientists would call sea shells ancient technology, also theres plenty of ancient technology found not only in Russia but all around the world. So debunk away doesnt mean its true what your saying. Only the scientists who actually have the artifacts know the truth of the matter, and you can bet the debunking scientist doesnt have it LOLZ!

Scientist isn't an all encompassing description for people who do "sciency" things. The person making your original claim has been shown to be a scientist in physics NOT paleontology. That means he has the same credentials on the matter as you and I.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sure one guy makes a claim that its BS, doesnt mean its untrue believe what you like doesnt matter to me.

Run an image search for crinoid stems.

Yet you choose to believe a hoax story over the opinion of a geologist , it's not ignorance you're denying.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

EVERY site you search for that claim is a dubious one. And if WWN picks it up, it is dead in the water. I don't care how many places repost that information. It is a hoax. You are deluding yourself. And with this post, you are rationalizing away evidence that contradicts your narrative.

Well post a credible one then.

At this point, all you are doing is perpetuating ignorance, not denying it. Back your claims up with credible evidence. THAT is how you deny evidence. Not post crappy sources and tell everyone else to do your research for you. That is the mark of the hoaxer or ignorant.

Produce it.

Scientist isn't an all encompassing description for people who do "sciency" things. The person making your original claim has been shown to be a scientist in physics NOT paleontology. That means he has the same credentials on the matter as you and I.

Look for the evidence yourself I am not the one trying to debunk it, I dont care what you choose to think, I would hope you would have an open mind to the vast amounts of evidence out there.
I dont need to teach you anything, you learn on your own, you asked me for information then tried to debunk it because you didnt like it LOL. Doesnt mean its debunked just someone thinks it is sea shells, they are entitled to believe whatever they want. That doesnt make it so. A blind man can deny the sun is there because he cant see it, doesnt mean its not there lol.

Its not up to me to enlighten you on the ancient technology out there and there is alot, you need to study on your own and come to your own conclusions.

I would ask you to post some information which you do believe whatever it may be rather than ask me to do it for you.

Like I said plenty of information for you to go look for I dont need to show you. Have a nice day and remember the T&C of ATS this isnt about you and me, lets keep it that way.

DENY IGNORANCE

edit on 8-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sure one guy makes a claim that its BS, doesnt mean its untrue believe what you like doesnt matter to me.

Run an image search for crinoid stems.

Yet you choose to believe a hoax story over the opinion of a geologist , it's not ignorance you're denying.

So your making the thread about me? Its not about me and what I believe, its about the OP's point lets keep it that way, believe what you like but dont make this about me its about information. Get it got it goood!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Ok sure but I was off 200 million years its 400 million years old LOLZ
400 MILLION YEAR OLD MACHINE FOUND IN RUSSIA
www.youtube.com...

Actually it's a 400 million year old Alien Hyperdrive... cuz youtube.

Deny ignorance, LOLZ.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Look for the evidence yourself I am not the one trying to debunk it, I dont care what you choose to think, I would hope you would have an open mind to the vast amounts of evidence out there.

Sorry buddy, but it doesn't work that way. You made the claims, you produce the evidence. Again deny ignorance. You claim to practice it, yet all I see is you spreading ignorance.

I dont need to teach you anything, you learn on your own, you asked me for information then tried to debunk it because you didnt like it LOL. Doesnt mean its debunked just someone thinks it is sea shells, they are entitled to believe whatever they want. That doesnt make it so. A blind man can deny the sun is there because he cant see it, doesnt mean its not there lol.

Actually, a geologist or paleontologist is a MUCH more credible source than Weekly World News. Your confirmation bias is strong; you are STILL trying to rationalize away that you've been proven wrong. I'm kind of curious what kind of ignorance you are denying. Having no knowledge on this matter is being more informed than you are being right now.

Its not up to me to enlighten you on the ancient technology out there and there is alot, you need to study on your own and come to your own conclusions.

Actually, yes, as the person making the claims, it is your onus to provide the sources that back up what you are saying. That is how debate works.

I would ask you to post some information which you do believe whatever it may be rather than ask me to do it for you.

I haven't made any unsubstantiated claims. But if you are curious as to if I source my claims or not, you are more than welcome to peruse my post history.

Like I said plenty of information for you to go look for I dont need to show you. Have a nice day and remember the T&C of ATS this isnt about you and me, lets keep it that way.

I never made it about you. I just demanded that you follow the proper rules of debate and source your claims with credible sources. You haven't done that at all.

DENY IGNORANCE

The irony is thick here.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It might surprise you to know I partially agree with you. I don't accept every explanation handed down from academia, either. "Peer reviewed" or not. But there has to be something that gives me reason to pause at the official explanation. Even if it's just my gut. In this case, from looking at pics of crinoids vs 400 million year old gears, the crinoids win out, in my opinion. I think the geologist has a very strong case in his favor, since there are many other examples of what he's talking about readily available for comparison.

My opinion is not based on your source. While I agree with others in this thread, WWN is an unreliable source, using the source to discredit information is the easy way out. Counter the info. Not the source.

edit on 12/8/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So your making the thread about me?

No I'm replying to what you posted , it's how forums work.

It is on topic and does relate to the thread because a lot of what AA is based on is people (normally authors) making wild claims and others like yourself believing the claims made with no evidence to support them because those claims fit the believers belief set.

You want to believe those fossil's are evidence of AA on the back of someone claiming that scientists have said they are , in reality there is nothing to back up that claim.
I've looked for the archaeologist Yuri Golubev who is allegedly the source of the claim but came up empty handed , I did however find a Russian Professor of Physics by that name , perhaps you could do better and find a Russian archaeologist with the same name.

edit on 8-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What does any of what posters are going on about have to do with the OP's original Ancient Alien narrative? Looks like a serious thread drift happening. What do people think of the idea that earth has been visited by higher powers in the past?

How about god visiting during ancient times? We do have the bible which speaks of this!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

What does any of what posters are going on about have to do with the OP's original Ancient Alien narrative? Looks like a serious thread drift happening. What do people think of the idea that earth has been visited by higher powers in the past?

We are speaking directly to the OP's idea. How can you construct a valid narrative of the ancient alien story if you are using hoaxed sources to build your story? Might as well write a science fiction novel. Oh wait, Robert Doherty beat you to the punch.

How about god visiting during ancient times? We do have the bible which speaks of this!

The bible isn't a reliable source of information. It is ancient science fiction.
edit on 8-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Plenty of other stories of god comming down from religions all over the world . Wait your claiming the bible isnt legit? Do you have any evidence to back that statement that god didnt visit the earth in ancient times? Why would you even try and debunk the idea that god may have indeed visited the earth in the past? Theres alot of evidence out there around the world about various gods visiting earth in days of old. Lots of legends out there to go through, pretty much every religion there is deals with this at some point. And there you have it in ancient times god visited the earth, not my original idea its been around forever, and I believe it too.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

There are several different books you can search for and download FREE that give an explanation you'd find interesting at the very least.

Though fictionalized, they give the view of history from the alien's viewpoint, what races, what time frame, why etc. Reading these can change your perspective at least to consider new options of the issue.

Extraterrestrial Vision-Gina Lake
Cosmic Voyage-Courtney Brown, Phd
Alien Interview-Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: research

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join