It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are non-human terrestrials fighting a secret war we know nothing about??? Interesting NASA footage!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I've had lots of conversations with Phage and the backup he provides isn't always factual in terms of what "we're looking at" but rather from his stand-point. One in particular stands out for me regarding superior mirages and what was claimed to be a UFO. While his superior mirage explanation is correct when it comes to superior mirages, however, it's ultimately just an educated guess at the end of the day.

So yes, confirmation bias runs both ways. But Phage doesn't respond to me anymore
Guess he doesn't like my attitude

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Clicked on this thread expecting this:

And I get this:

Wish It woulda been the first one.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well I don't know about the video, could be a lot of things, but there is without a doubt many forms of life out in The Universe. Now I am not sure how much in this Galaxy, or if any at all other than ourselves here in this Solar System, but for sure in the entire Universe. It just seems mathematically impossible for that to not be the case.

Take a minute to think about all the life that exists, or has ever existed here on planet Earth. Think about all the Mammals, all the Fish, all the Reptiles, Amphibians, Birds, Insects and Microorganisms like Bacteria and Archaea. It's mind boggling. Now think about the Oceans, and all the life in them. Now think about all the prehistoric life. Think about the Dinosaurs now.

After you think about all that, now think about all that must exist out there in The entire Universe? Once your imagination starts running wild, especially in the morning with a fresh mind, you come to realize just what kind of scary monsters must truly exist all around us. Take the Praying Mantis for example, can you imagine one the size of a T-Rex, or how about just the size of a human being?

There is your space Alien, and make no mistake about it, there are millions of Aliens out there, and all around us. The question now is how many of them are a form of intelligent life, or just mindless, brutal survivors like the many we have here on planet Earth? ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Jeezus neo, If you're going to use Asteroids and remind me of my youth, at least use the Battlestar Galatica 1978 sci-fi classic bro!

~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

See what you do is create a highly lethal virus/bacteria/nano-machine, attach it to some Earth bound space debris, wait untill we're all dead, and take what you want. No casulties. No resistance even. We wouldn't have a clue. As far as the risk to important personel...even if it came down to a ground war...it's not like their leaders would be fighting it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You don't seriously believe that a species capable on interstellar travel would have any trouble squashing us like a bug do you.

I swear some people ......reply to: makemap

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
People talk about a war with aliens like we would be facing Russia or something. You guys don't think that any species; be it capable of traversing space, or traversing dimensions would likely be so far beyond our technical understanding that a resistance of any kind would be completely futile? I know you could theoretically get around this if you're operating under the presumption that we have secret armies, secret technologies and possibly extra-terrestrial allies, but its hard for me to imagine that, when we as a species seem to take one step forward and three steps back.

I'm not making fun of those that believe in aliens or UFOs, but I'm sincerely curious as to why so many are convinced that we are actually at war? Just think about it for a second, even if we were; how long could we possibly last without there being some sign? I don't mean like a YouTube video, but maybe I don't know - destruction of some kind that civilians could actually see? Our world's governments are NOT competent for this level of deception. lol

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Phage

The fact no one has contacted us is definate proof of intelligent life outthere
And how do you know we haven't been contacted?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BS_Slayer
People talk about a war with aliens like we would be facing Russia or something. You guys don't think that any species; be it capable of traversing space, or traversing dimensions would likely be so far beyond our technical understanding that a resistance of any kind would be completely futile? I know you could theoretically get around this if you're operating under the presumption that we have secret armies, secret technologies and possibly extra-terrestrial allies, but its hard for me to imagine that, when we as a species seem to take one step forward and three steps back.

I'm not making fun of those that believe in aliens or UFOs, but I'm sincerely curious as to why so many are convinced that we are actually at war? Just think about it for a second, even if we were; how long could we possibly last without there being some sign? I don't mean like a YouTube video, but maybe I don't know - destruction of some kind that civilians could actually see? Our world's governments are NOT competent for this level of deception. lol

I think there is a secret army of non-human life forms that live under our oceans and within the earth. Looks like they mobilized their forces and were going out against another force farther out, away from the planet. They weren't fighting us... they were fighting something else.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Personally I have had quite a few dreams about a UFO war or an alien war, all of them seem real until I wake up and I am like wow that was a wierd dream.

Could be happening on parallel earths, who knows.

I happen to think the video just shows some types of craft moving about in space, who knows for sure where they were headed, could have been the next group out to secret space boot camp or something like that.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Of course the powers that be could reason with both and work out some deals, but of course they wont accept higher powers telling them whats what.

No !

Well my pet rats do just what i want them to do inside the cage, they don't argue back.

Any ET that could get here is well above mans level and could snuff us out in a second like a single aircraft carrier could sink 400 wooden battle ships that we were building just a hundred and fifty years ago.

Nice theory that we have some good ETs protecting us but too me it belongs next to my story book about the yellow brick road.

I don't know what them white streams were or if the images have been faked by UFO buffs or even NASA so that it can continue to get financed but agree they don't seem to be ice crystals close to the win-dow.

Mods we have a bug here ! Had to add a dash to the above W words else it just showed up as an underscore

Maybe if we see any type of ETs then its a virus attacking our software emulator program that we exsist inside and the only real distance they need to travel is from the USB port to the CPU but then again thats coming from someone that see religion as being a virus of the mind.

edit on 11-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: Report bug in the system

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

I don't know what them white streams were or if the images have been faked by UFO buffs or even NASA so that it can continue to get financed but agree they don't seem to be ice crystals close to the win-dow.

The time-tested recognition patterns that serve so well down here on Earth are obsolete, even misleading in space, due to changes in illumination, transparency, and object motion. Even once you realize this [most people never do], it takes a while to realize the implications for 'seeing' and 'SEEMING' to see in space.

I've tried to summarize my 20+ years in Mission Control and even longer contacts with astronauts and cosmonauts about this process, in my essay "99 FAQs About Space UFO Videos", which I hope you would look at.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: taoistguy.....

Common sense. And a bit of critical thinking: By the nature of a hologram, all parts of it contains a reflection or connection to all other parts+ This is its nature and thus is our nature.

Looks like a pretty ordinary payload bay camera seen from STS-48 [that was one of my missions]. The UV camera views of Earth horizon looking for sprites gave the same tourist scenes we'd get with regular visible light cameras.

To tell any more about the source of the particles you'd need to know the date/time of the event to compare with the as-flown timeline documentation of shuttle activities.

But I can't check any of that because the youtube poster refuses to provide that critical context information.

Clever of him, wouldn't you say?

Off topic...

Was watching the science channel on DirecTV a month or so ago and whatever I was watching (can't remember for sure) they come to a guy by the name of Jim Oberg...I tell my wife...I know him, well not really but kind of, lol. Pretty cool still to see you on TV.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

Off topic...
Was watching the science channel on DirecTV a month or so ago and whatever I was watching (can't remember for sure) they come to a guy by the name of Jim Oberg...I tell my wife...I know him, well not really but kind of, lol. Pretty cool still to see you on TV.

Thanks. If I get gigs like that, it's a combination of charm [shocker] plus work experience AND experience in explaining really weird stuff to an audience, and the best way to sharpen THAT skill is get lambasted by folks determined to misunderstand you -- uh, where do YOU know where I could deliberately run into folks like that? [grin] Besides, I routinely deal with topics almost TOO strange to describe, and that's what most serious folks around here feel like, too, so it's a common culture I'm delighted to share in and benefit from.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Common sense. And a bit of critical thinking: By the nature of a hologram, all parts of it contains a reflection or connection to all other parts+ This is its nature and thus is our nature.

Looks like a pretty ordinary payload bay camera seen from STS-48 [that was one of my missions]. The UV camera views of Earth horizon looking for sprites gave the same tourist scenes we'd get with regular visible light cameras.

To tell any more about the source of the particles you'd need to know the date/time of the event to compare with the as-flown timeline documentation of shuttle activities.

But I can't check any of that because the youtube poster refuses to provide that critical context information.

This is Jim doing his usual..no details, so no answer possible. Well that is to bad for Jim only. As if NASA would document flying ice anyway?

So, he is only the resident skeptic anyway. He does not believe in space UFOs & always says we see ice..or light illusions. He is stuck in first gear.

You should not ever expect anything but.."go to my skeptical essay : 99FAQs" .

STS-48 has many more examples of UFO activity including the amazing 'right turn' that Jim has spent his last 22 years trying to debunk. He has seen all these STS-48 videos before & knows all about this one too. He has nothing to add anymore & now redirects everyone to his UFO skeptical essay. That is his sole purpose in his posts here at ATS. What more can he add anyway?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A War? I wouldn't say that. But there's something happening over the Pacific and has been for awhile. It's out in the open, but not noticed. It's all there if you look at it from a perspective outside three dimensions. Our military seems to be involved. they'd have to be, if for no other reason, to keep the public from freaking out. Key words: Camouflage and Distraction. If you know what you are looking for, then everything is there.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buzzEmiller

This is Jim doing his usual..no details, so no answer possible. Well that is to bad for Jim only. As if NASA would document flying ice anyway?

So, he is only the resident skeptic anyway. He does not believe in space UFOs & always says we see ice..or light illusions. He is stuck in first gear.

STS-48 has many more examples of UFO activity including the amazing 'right turn' that Jim has spent his last 22 years trying to debunk. He has seen all these STS-48 videos before & knows all about this one too. He has nothing to add anymore & now redirects everyone to his UFO skeptical essay. That is his sole purpose in his posts here at ATS. What more can he add anyway?

LOl lets stay on topic, let the skeptics do thier thing, everyone has a right to thier opinion right.

What do you think is in OP's video?

I think its a good video that shows some space ships of some sort.

For all I know it could be light beings zipping around in space or souls going off to another planet or the moon.

They look very much like the orbs seen during the 2011 Japan tsunami and the lights exiting from the Japanese volcano in Sakurajima.

edit on 11-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: buzzEmiller

LOl lets stay on topic, let the skeptics do thier thing, everyone has a right to thier opinion right.

What do you think is in OP's video?

I think its a good video that shows some space ships of some sort.

For all I know it could be light beings zipping around in space or souls going off to another planet or the moon.

They look very much like the orbs seen during the 2011 Japan tsunami and the lights exiting from the Japanese volcano in Sakurajima.

Extremely plausible that they would occupy subterranean areas. They would be safe and out of sight.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: whyamIhere

I swear Phage, I pray ET lands on your front yard.

That would be so bitchin.

Others would dismiss it as a sudden rock formation on Phage's front yard.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven
Could you elaborate ? Sounds interesting. One thing, how CAN we view things from "outside the three dimensions" ? It's all we know and impossible to view it any other way, is it not ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join