It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen Valor, FAKE Soldier gets exposed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So, I wake up this morning, get coffee and turn on the local news to check the weather.

First story up was a douche bag in a mall that is an "Army Ranger".

Well, this "Ranger" gets confronted by an ACTUAL Soldier from the 101st.

I was disgusted, but I figured it was a pretty rare thing.

Then I searched stolen Valor on youtube......

One of my favorites here, not sure if its real but love the video.

I have to cheer the REAL Soldiers in this one, I'm amazed they didn't kick his ass. Caution, strong language.

There are many, many videos. You get the point.

I realize a lot of ATS'ers are probably aware of this, and to those I apologize if this is a rehash of an old topic.

However, I was unaware as I am sure many others are.

Also, I have the UTMOST respect for our Veterans. I am NOT a veteran but many family members are.
So I feel it is an important message to get out to as many as possible.
The more of these scumbags exposed the better.

MODS: If in wrong forum please move. Thanks
Peace
Steve

edit on 12 4 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This actually happens more than you'd think.....I've personally run into this scenario twice in the past few years....And both times the "fake " soldiers got their ass beat by the guys I was with...literally. ....I'm not one for bar fights , but when someone blantently pretends to be a hero and asks if anyone wants to buy a hero a drink, and they're faking it.....well...they're gonna get what they deserve.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm a veteran, and these videos INFURIATE ME!!!
I hate scumbags like that last prick, and the morons supporting him.
People are stupid, and unfortunately, you cant fix stupid
Here is one of my favorite stolen valor videos:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Wanna be's posing for attention. I get the incense on the part of veterans. Love the way they call them out. One guy says thats illegal.

A dose of KP? Give them latrine duty on base for a weekend.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Multi-Generational Military Brat here and yeah, Stolen Valor is kinda sad.

I've got a few patches and pins from the armed services I've bought from military surplus stores that I wear on my civilian military cut jackets to be close in spirit with my father, but I would NEVER EVER try to present myself as a Decorated Veteran or Enlisted Serviceperson. Every time I wear such it's plainly obvious it's a token of remembrance and honor towards those who have served, and not any type of self-glorification.

I don't understand how anyone would think cosplaying and LARPING in the manner some of these jerks do is considered kosher.

Bad form. REALLY BAD FORM.

I'm trying really hard not to get mad right now.
You wouldn't like me when I'm mad.

edit on 12/4/14 by GENERAL EYES because: edited for clarity of a minor point

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Last I heard it is illegal. My roommate is a vet and he watches these videos all the time…I don't know why cause all it does is piss him off, but I have talked with him a few times about it and it really is a very common occurrence. I'm just glad 99% of the jackasses that pull this crap are too ignorant of the uniform codes and simple military knowledge…like what's your unit. I feel like it should be a bigger issue considering what we ask of our soldiers we should have their back on this type of thing and put a stop to this crap.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Times change, but when I was in and stateside, it was considered bad form to tool around in uniform in town.

In fact, at Benning they gave you 45 minutes to be in civvies when you went off duty and went into town, which was, as they said, plenty of time to hit the laundry and the grocery on the way home. If you lived on base, you were expected to change first, unless there was some burning need to tear out of there.

eta: I have seen a lot of Guardies go out for the evening in uniform and eat at restaurants, even drinking alcohol in uniform, which is probably NJP if you get caught. Not so much active duty personnel, but it seems a lot laxer than it used to be, especially with active duty AF.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Last I heard it is illegal.

The law keeps changing, but I know if you impersonate an officer, it's illegal. If you dress up as enlisted, it's not. If you wear phony medals, it can be, depending on the medal.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When I was a US Marine it was against our policy to wear uniforms off of base unless your on official business. As to why soldiers wear uniforms off base is an army thing however, I would expect anyone wearing any kind of SF stuff in public for no reason bad form, where's the quiet professionalism? Anyone that's claiming to be SF for attention is a fraud.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well I am not all for being judge and jury but I guess I would look the other way while the beat down occurs. I truly feel bad if my rookie ever catches someone doing this…they'll be begging for jail before he finishes lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Happens in the UK a lot here too.

Amount of former "SAS" you will meet you would think the entire UK army is SAS

So easy to spot once you meet a few real vets.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Last I heard it is illegal.
I feel like it should be a bigger issue considering what we ask of our soldiers we should have their back on this type of thing and put a stop to this crap.

I believe it is illegal. And I agree about making an effort to stop this crap.

What a disgrace to all those REAL soldiers who sacrificed and died in those uniforms.

For what?? To get chicks? Just look cool?

Like General Eyes, I got pissed watching these.

To all you Vets who replied, THANK YOU

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

there is another side of this coin too...there are guys in the military that tell people they are in SF or rangers and all that crap....so they know the game but when out in public among civlians they claim they did much more. I caught a guy doing it to impress some ladies...I never impeded cause he was just trying to get laid but I did not feel highly of him that was for sure...

It doesn't bother me, being a vet, as mimicking us is a form of flattery, but the problem comes in when civilians don't really understand the difference and are getting wrong information...I view them as kids playing soldier...just as long as they don't try to collect benefits or something like that.

I mean think how sad you have to be to try and pull something like this off...Instead of it being illegal they should be press ganged into service lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I think any decent service members, especially those that actually fight would show restraint and not beat the hell out of the citizens they exist to protect. I believe violence should be used on the battlefield. Sometimes when I meet people that are clearly stealing valor I tend to feel sorry for them. It's frustrating yeah, but worth beating someone down hell no! If I ever caught any junior marine on my old fire team beating someone because of something like stolen valor you can bet one way or another that marine would be in a world of hell.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i didnt watch them all but the guy(sgt baby huey) got ruined in the first one.
i loved it..saw it in another thread last week,

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wear Military stuff when i'm in the woods, camping/bushcraft and stuff and some of my jackets still have Military tabs and tags on them.

I have Desert Gear, I have Bergen's, i have Alice packs...where do i stand,?

Would i be verbally molested like these guys do because i choose to buy my outdoor/bushcraft stuff from Army Surplus than pay the extortionate prices for fancy pants outdoor stuff or is it OK to wear whatever the hell you like just as long as your not on Civvy Street, Bear in mind i sometimes need to walk through Civvy street to get to certain destinations. ?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Disgraceful and they damn well know it. Violence isn't the solution though as some have already mentioned. Pants the buggers and put some lipstick on them.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
just watched them all and i love em..

i want to see one of these fake ass rangers get tooled by a legit ranger.

hahahahahah

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

well, what you wear is far different than these dudes in their full on fake ass uniform with their fake ass and incorrect medals and ribbons.
if you were asked about the patches on your jackets would you start rattling off how you earned them and where?

see the difference

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
EXCELLENT THREAD!!!!!

Expose them all!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join