It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen Valor, FAKE Soldier gets exposed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

As long as you don't claim your earned them in service. A lot of people wear mil-surp gear nothing wrong with that. Its the ones that dawn CIB's, rank and unit and tell a good tail that's the problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

If someone has time to go buy military uniforms, pin, and medals , just to play a hero, to get women, discounts, free drinks, whatever their angle,......and your ass gets caught up in a lie...well...whatever happens to you from that point on, I personally feel you get what you deserved..... And I have no sympathy for CON-MEN....I personally ran into a guy in a bar a few years ago on Labor Day weekend...it was fall foliage ,small town,and all the hotels were booked. This guy and his girl friend were asking people if they'd house them for a night as they couldn't find a hotel room, and if anyone wanted to help out a war hero. He was not in a uniform ,but wearing jeans and a tee shirt...So I asked him a few questions and he told me he was a "PJ " in the Airforce stationed at Pope Airforce base....oddly enough so was my brother in law....so I figured I'd ask him a few questions, find out who he was, call my brother in law, and give him and his girl friend a room for the night. As I asked a few questions about his job, and history, he had been all the same places and done all the same things as my brother in law. BUT, when I said, what's your name, maybe you know my brother in law....the name he gave me WAS my brother in laws name ! This guy had stolen his identity ! ....I just stood there dumbfounded and had him repeat his name, Sure enough , he was using my brother in laws Information... I did not know what to do....so I did what any self respecting girl would do....I threw my pint of beer in his face, and got him and his girlfriend kicked out....I found out later that he was cousins with my sisters friend ,that is how he knew all the information he knew, and that he had been pulling this act for awhile now.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

well, what you wear is far different than these dudes in their full on fake ass uniform with their fake ass and incorrect medals and ribbons.
if you were asked about the patches on your jackets would you start rattling off how you earned them and where?

see the difference

It's happens here in the UK as well..Only we really tear the arse out of it..

Fake Marine Lives in Barracks for two Years

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I understand that it's not a very good situation. Again as a former US Marine I could not condone a beat down on a citizen. Marines soldiers airmen sailors we are not a group of thugs nor are we
Judges. We are held to a higher standard both regular laws for citizens and the ucmj, also we should strive to do better for our citizens even the slimy ones because that's who we are and they are the people we work for. Having a whatever happens happens outlook suggests that it's ok to turn a blind eye while people act like animals I wouldn't have any of that.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I wear Military stuff when i'm in the woods, camping/bushcraft and stuff and some of my jackets still have Military tabs and tags on them.

I have Desert Gear, I have Bergen's, i have Alice packs...where do i stand,?

Would i be verbally molested like these guys do because i choose to buy my outdoor/bushcraft stuff from Army Surplus than pay the extortionate prices for fancy pants outdoor stuff or is it OK to wear whatever the hell you like just as long as your not on Civvy Street, Bear in mind i sometimes need to walk through Civvy street to get to certain destinations. ?

I do the same, all kinds of surplus stuff when I'm hunting or just working around the house.
Although I have removed all insignias, patches and MEDALS.
I don't go out like this

I don't lie and pretend to be a Veteran, big difference I believe.

And to those of you Vets that responded with a no violence attitude, my hats off to you.
You are better people than I.
But I'm working on it.
peace
Steve

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I wear Military stuff when i'm in the woods, camping/bushcraft and stuff and some of my jackets still have Military tabs and tags on them.

I have Desert Gear, I have Bergen's, i have Alice packs...where do i stand,?

Would i be verbally molested like these guys do because i choose to buy my outdoor/bushcraft stuff from Army Surplus than pay the extortionate prices for fancy pants outdoor stuff or is it OK to wear whatever the hell you like just as long as your not on Civvy Street, Bear in mind i sometimes need to walk through Civvy street to get to certain destinations. ?

I do the same, all kinds of surplus stuff when I'm hunting or just working around the house.
Although I have removed all insignias, patches and MEDALS.
I don't go out like this

Steve

Really,? Here's me and my local Bushcraft club on parade just before we head into the woods to carve ourselves a Kuksa and light fires using only our spectacles....Yeah, That's how we roll here in the Shire.

edit on 4-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Meldionne1

I understand that it's not a very good situation. Again as a former US Marine I could not condone a beat down on a citizen. Marines soldiers airmen sailors we are not a group of thugs nor are we
Judges. We are held to a higher standard both regular laws for citizens and the ucmj, also we should strive to do better for our citizens even the slimy ones because that's who we are and they are the people we work for. Having a whatever happens happens outlook suggests that it's ok to turn a blind eye while people act like animals I wouldn't have any of that.

Wow, that is class. Respect to you sir! I don't know if I could handle it like you. Thanks for your service!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thanks for that, now my ribs hurt from laughing.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In the US are your fake vets normaly always "special forces" too?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Dont Laugh, Remember that Crank (cant find a link) who had his girlfriend believe he was MI5 or 6 or something. He was on a cruise with her in The med or somewhere when 9-11 happened,. The nut job faked a phone call to his mobile, telling his burd that was the Boss on the phone and he had to go fix this 9-11 crap..He buggered off and left her to enjoy the rest of the cruise..

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

One day I will run across an impersonator who claims to have been a 92G - "chief cook and bottle washer", and that man I will buy a beer.

Now, if you had nads the size of a bear, you would take your impersonation act on the road and try it at 9th and Buker, instead of the local beer garden.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Happens in the UK a lot here too.

Amount of former "SAS" you will meet you would think the entire UK army is SAS

So easy to spot once you meet a few real vets.

LOL. Same here. Seems that there are no former grunts or mechanics in the US. They are all fomer DELTASNIPERSEAL. We call 'em space shuttle door gunners because that is just as believable.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm Guessing when you get backed into a corner in these sort of situations "Special Forces" is a last resort synonym for.. "right hard bastard not to be messed with".

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes. Always.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

One day I will run across an impersonator who claims to have been a 92G - "chief cook and bottle washer", and that man I will buy a beer.

Hey wait a second, I WAS a 92G, aint nothing wrong with being a spoon!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

As long as you don't claim your earned them in service. A lot of people wear mil-surp gear nothing wrong with that. Its the ones that dawn CIB's, rank and unit and tell a good tail that's the problem.

Yep. A lot of people wear milsurp gear for the same reason the military wears it--because it is functional and does what it's supposed to do and surplus stuff is cheaper than the overpriced REI or whatever outdoors gear. It's those who pretend to be something that's an issue. If some one has an old army jacket on and is asked where he got it and he replies "at the army surplus 'cause it's warm" he'll get no guff.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Dont Laugh, Remember that Crank (cant find a link) who had his girlfriend believe he was MI5 or 6 or something. He was on a cruise with her in The med or somewhere when 9-11 happened,. The nut job faked a phone call to his mobile, telling his burd that was the Boss on the phone and he had to go fix this 9-11 crap..He buggered off and left her to enjoy the rest of the cruise..

Yeah There was also a guy that haf like 3 wives and used the mi5 trick.

its the SAS douche bags that brag how they know a hundred ways to kill a man with there bare hands and cant talk about there past service as they are super black classfied topsecret or whatever bull, except if hot women are around then its ok to talk about some generic hero story thats sounds ripped out of a chris ryan novel

edit on 4-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yep, not not many braging about 36B

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Yeah, who wants to admit to being a signal puke

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This guy probably better pretended to be a SEAL, didn't help him telling the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join